'20 Grad Transfer ILB Jabril Cox

Looks like he played QB in HS....I remember other teams negative recruiting against us by telling RB recruits that Fulmer and Chief would eventually move them to LB lol

Reactions: rekinhavoc
Looks like he played QB in HS....I remember other teams negative recruiting against us by telling RB recruits that Fulmer and Chief would eventually move them to LB lol
Now it's Pruitt will make you a DB.

Reactions: VolnJC
You can’t be serious. This kid was supposed to be the crown jewel of the class. He barely got into school based on academics and then shows up out of shape and after two years still isn’t “ready”? I know this is unpopular in today’s no judgement environment, but at some point you have to question the players choices and lack of performance.
Well technically he's only been on campus about a year and a half (September 2018-now) and only been thru one spring practice. He showed up out of shape and obviously wasn't ready to make an impact in '18. Who knows, maybe you're right and he doesn't ever get it, but I'm not ready to write him off yet

You can’t be serious. This kid was supposed to be the crown jewel of the class. He barely got into school based on academics and then shows up out of shape and after two years still isn’t “ready”? I know this is unpopular in today’s no judgement environment, but at some point you have to question the players choices and lack of performance.
Generally I look at a player’s career after it concludes before I a fan assess anything. I’ll leave it up to the coaches who see him practice everyday to determine whether this kid is a bust or not. Anything here is nothing more than message board fodder and guessing whether some low information opinion is true or not

Reactions: Devo182
Stud. Nieds is the lead, so we will get him. This would be a bigger pickup than most think... JJ Peterson is still not ready.

JJ being ready is not the really important aspect where this guy is concerned. The things he can bring to our young guys would be incalculable. Saw him play several games last season, if he can pass on his experience to TO TO and fellows, well no way to place a value on his being a Vol. It won't hurt that he brings an attitude of being part of a championship program for the whole of his career.

This guy is the difference in us having a top 20 D next year vs a top 10 D next season. We'll he fine regardless, BUT would be nice to line him up next to all american Henry T. Also allows us to bring Eason & co along slower.

I give you a like. However him making that much of a difference as to the success of the whole defense, I think there are too many pieces in an 11 man squad for him to influence the whole by that much. But man, how much he could help the LB's in ever aspect of the game,,, I think there would no way to place a value on his involvement.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Generally I look at a player’s career after it concludes before I a fan assess anything. I’ll leave it up to the coaches who see him practice everyday to determine whether this kid is a bust or not. Anything here is nothing more than message board fodder and guessing whether some low information opinion is true or not
Of course, but aren’t we on a message board?

Reactions: StoVol and bignewt
Nobody would argue what he "has been" so far. But to say that if a redshirt sophomore is not ready then he never will be is beyond stupid.

Would be huge get... Linebacker depth is our weakest spot on the team IMO.

Agree, along with Tight End. After Austin Pope, we have a bunch of bodies that haven't proven anything. We need at least one other guy, two really, to step up and perform, especially with Austin being somewhat injury prone. Jim Chaney loves those two tight end sets.

If one doesn't play or contribute during practice, he/she is a busts.

Agree, along with Tight End. After Austin Pope, we have a bunch of bodies that haven't proven anything. We need at least one other guy, two really, to step up and perform, especially with Austin being somewhat injury prone. Jim Chaney loves those two tight end sets.
Yup. Simonton posted an article the other day mentioning we ran 2 TE sets 41% of the time. He pegged Fant as a guy to watch, though I believe we also have 2 second year guys in Brown and Lowe that have upside.

Nobody would argue what he "has been" so far. But to say that if a redshirt sophomore is not ready then he never will be is beyond stupid.
Cool story, bro. Please tell it again.

Volquest podcast this week said the exact thing I did, so I’m not exactly out on a limb all by myself.

That podcast said the basketball Vols would lose their last 5 games too.
I don’t think anyone could have realistically thought they were going to beat Kentucky with the way they were playing.

VN Store

Back