Got him - transfer Isaiah Neyor commits to UT

I’ll take anyone that wants to play for us, but people in here are acting like he’s the next randy moss and that’s just not true. He’s a 2 star that’ll probably play like a 3 star. Better than nothing.

You like Cedric Tillman right? Same amount of tds and really close to the same amount of yards. This is a big get!

I’ll take anyone that wants to play for us, but people in here are acting like he’s the next randy moss and that’s just not true. He’s a 2 star that’ll probably play like a 3 star. Better than nothing.

He was a 2 star coming out of high school. He's rated as a 4 star in the transfer portal.. keep up. Led the Mountain West with 12 TD catches last year, we beat USC and Texas to land him.

You never know, until they actually do it, but I predict you will be proven way wrong on this one.

Needed another WR. Defense isn’t going to be fixed right away.

Really needed Verse but he passed.

Verse passed? Big none get especially since we haven't landed any portal help on defense.

Last edited:
Verse passed? Big none get especially since we haven't landed any portal help on defense.
We couldn't stop a blind, crippled 60 year old on defense, but something tells me Heupel isn't worried about it. He's focused on his offensive toys. Banks has to be pulling his hair out when he thinks about going into next year with his current roster.

Our grandson graduated from Wyoming a year ago, and my wife and I have become Wyoming football fans. On one hand we hate to see him go, but on the other hand, we are thrilled he is at UT! We have watched him in every game and his is the real deal! Welcome to Tennessee!

We couldn't stop a blind, crippled 60 year old on defense, but something tells me Heupel isn't worried about it. He's focused on his offensive toys. Banks has to be pulling his hair out when he thinks about going into next year with his current roster.
No he is not because he has 9 months to coach these guys up with a year worth of experience and film… just because you fans don’t understand the concept of development doesn’t mean the coaches don’t… it is still early in portal season there will be more opportunities to get help on defense but we have alot of experience returning it’s almost like this was the first year in a new system for them… they will improve as will the offense… coach heup has successfully built a family culture that is about hard work you can tell by the amount of guys returning… just relax and be grateful that we finally have a good head coach and AD…

I'm not usually huge on watching the video interviews, because most of these kids and often coaches seem to struggle with answering the actual question and making much sense. This also not Austin's best line of questioning. Neyor, however, kept me in this interview. He is definitely a well spoken young man. I also didn't realize that he started playing football late, which is why he didn't get very high ratings apparently. This is like a 4 star pickup IMO.

Reactions: BreatheUT
I can pretty much guarantee that's not Heupel's attitude. Not even close. I don't know how he feels about his current roster. The guys they're allowing to come back under the Covid rule suggests they like a lot of them.

IMO, personnel issues are only part of what was wrong on D last year. Less talented D's have played better. Banks needs to figure a lot of stuff out... and only part of it has to do with players. Everyone seems to be talking about the front 7 but to me the biggest weakness was CB. The Vols had one that could cover 1 on 1. That's an issue when you either need to blitz or spy the QB.

That said, I will be surprised if UT doesn't pick up some D help out of the portal. Personally I think they need to restrict the portal to maybe December 1 to January 31 or optionally add a period after spring ball. Programs need to have more ability to manage their rosters and needs. However they could add guys any time between now and next summer.

I mean, this guy literally accounted for 23.6% of Wyoming's points on the entire season. 12 Receiving TDs and 1 Rushing TD. That's crazy that one player can have that much production for a team. Excited to get him.

I'm extremely pleased and I don't want to sound greedy, but now can we get some dagum CB'S, LB'S, and ER's?

imo our greatest weakness is our dl, can hardly get any pressure at all on opposing qb, with front 4. Any good qb with time to throw will connect with his receivers regardless of how good the db, corners, safties are.

Reactions: keenobserver

VN Store

Back