Good thing Tennessee didn’t hire Lane!

I think it’s just retrospective. People wanted him hired over Pruitt, but we wouldn’t look at him. He obviously would have worked out better. People wanted him during the last coaching search when we were striking out left and right, but we wouldn’t look at him. Maybe this time our fifth choice works out. I certainly hope so.

Yeah, me too. Certainly enjoyed watching yesterday's game.

They already fired him once. I don’t think it’s set in stone at all that he’d leave

We’d have some work to do to keep him. Bob Stoops is still something of an ambassador for OU and the story I always heard was that he really liked Heupel and did not want to let him go.

Also, he’s probably a better fit there.

One fortunate part about losing to Lane Kiffin (as head coach) is the over/under on him vacating or losing the job is about 2.5 years.

Bama got the best out of him by hiring him as OC, which played to his strengths as coach and recruiter, while avoiding disruptions from his lying, mercenary tendencies. Even Saban gave him credit for opening up their offense to attract more QB talent:
Nick Saban on how Lane Kiffin Changed the Alabama Offense

Some folks are tired of the "girlfriend" analogy about Kiffin, and I agree. How about a Hollywood metaphor? Kiffin, like Brad Pitt, does his best work as a supporting actor, but has trouble carrying a movie as the lead. If a team really wanted to get value from Kiffin, they would hire him as OC under a HC to keep him focused. Not many college programs could afford that, but the pros could.
Brad Pitt did well in Moneyball. Where he was the main actor. Most recent movie I saw him in was 12 Years a Slave which he was in just briefly. So I can't really speak for much of his work after that. Fight Club, 12 Monkeys, Legends of the Fall, and Seven he was great. But like you said he was in more of a supporting role in those movies. Or had someone else like Edward Norton and Morgan Freeman carrying the rest of the movie.

We’d have some work to do to keep him. Bob Stoops is still something of an ambassador for OU and the story I always heard was that he really liked Heupel and did not want to let him go.

Also, he’s probably a better fit there.
About to get a lot tougher for them to keep up those offensive numbers when they move to the SEC

Take the three. Don't go for it at mid field and your twenty five and it's probably a one score / 10 point game in the fourth.
Total idiotic decisions.

I take points every chance I get vs Alabama & hope to be in the game in the 4th Qtr. You’re not gonna blow them out or intimidate them getting up 7. You can never tell how a game or even a season plays out.

Archie and Eli signed off on the Kiffin hire as they obviously would want Arch there under a capable QB developer. This is literally the exact reason Kiffin got the job and the Manning blessing.

Can you find anything to support this claim? As for a developer, what QB's did he develop to the NFL?

I guess with NIL Kiffin can run his mouth enough to get Arch some money at ole miss. Not that Arch or the Manning family needs money.
Considering Kiffin's track record, Arch will be at Ole miss longer than Kiffen.

Are we really thinking Heupel wouldn’t leave if Oklahoma came calling?

No, but he has exhibited enough class to not project to influence 10 or so early signees that just arrived on campus to not go to class the next day and lock themselves into their schollies. He and the Ogre solidified their way to low class status to ever be considered for rehire at UT. Evil genius is what it is. Hope he chocked on a bunch of un-popped kernels of popcorn after his pregame parting shots Saturday. Snarky is not a virtue.

Can you find anything to support this claim? As for a developer, what QB's did he develop to the NFL?

I guess with NIL Kiffin can run his mouth enough to get Arch some money at ole miss. Not that Arch or the Manning family needs money.
Considering Kiffin's track record, Arch will be at Ole miss longer than Kiffen.

Yes. Its common knowledge in Oxford and around the AD / Manning family...... Arch Manning had zero shot of going to Ole Miss had they kept Luke or hired another mid major coach..... I know this as fact and word of God.

The Mannings were directly involved with having basically the final say next to AD on who the coach would be. And regarding Kiffin's QB history, he has done a great job with QB's at college level. Look at Crompton, Sims, Coker, Driskell, and now Corall (sp?).

The Mannings wanted the coach after Luke to have 2-3 years to develop and build up the roster for Arch to walk into..... Literally no other coach they were looking at compared to Kiffin. Regardless of what you want to think given Tennessee Kiffin bias, the Mannings were the final sign off on Kiffin.

.. Arch Manning had zero shot of going to Ole Miss had they kept Luke or hired another mid major coach..... I know this as fact and word of God.

The Mannings were directly involved with having basically the final say next to AD on who the coach would be. And regarding Kiffin's QB history, he has done a great job with QB's at college level. Look at Crompton, Sims, Coker, Driskell, and now Corall (sp?).

The Mannings wanted the coach after Luke to have 2-3 years to develop and build up the roster for Arch to walk into..... Literally no other coach they were looking at compared to Kiffin. Regardless of what you want to think given Tennessee Kiffin bias, the Mannings were the final sign off on Kiffin.
lucille-portable.gif

Yes. Its common knowledge in Oxford and around the AD / Manning family...... Arch Manning had zero shot of going to Ole Miss had they kept Luke or hired another mid major coach..... I know this as fact and word of God.

Well, a quick google search does not bring up any gospel on the Mannings and Kiffin.

Outside of Crompton did any of those guys get drafted? He was with Sims for less than a year?

Well, a quick google search does not bring up any gospel on the Mannings and Kiffin.

Outside of Crompton did any of those guys get drafted? He was with Sims for less than a year?

Once again, I made no mention of google or the internet as a source of this.

At the end of the day, the Manning family signed off on Ole Miss hiring Kiffin. This is common knowledge around Oxford / Sexton circles.

And also, its not hard to admit that Kiffin has been great at developing QB's. What they do at the next level under other coaches has nothing to do with him. He got Crompton drafted, he got Sims to be a steady QB. He took Jacob Coker and won a natty with him. His latest project is one of the top QB's in the league. To sit here and think he isn't one of the top QB coaches/offensive guys in the country is lunacy. But I get it, people are still suffering PTSD from a football coach that has no direct impact on their life over a decade later.

Once again, I made no mention of google or the internet as a source of this.

At the end of the day, the Manning family signed off on Ole Miss hiring Kiffin. This is common knowledge around Oxford / Sexton circles.

And also, its not hard to admit that Kiffin has been great at developing QB's. What they do at the next level under other coaches has nothing to do with him. He got Crompton drafted, he got Sims to be a steady QB. He took Jacob Coker and won a natty with him. His latest project is one of the top QB's in the league. To sit here and think he isn't one of the top QB coaches/offensive guys in the country is lunacy. But I get it, people are still suffering PTSD from a football coach that has no direct impact on their life over a decade later.

I never said you mentioned google. I just thought it's a little odd that such gospel or any trace of support was spoken to even the googles.

Kiffin is definitely has a good offensive mind. His other coaching definciences are so large that it outweighs any positives and prevents him from being an effective head coach.

Other than Corral, he did not spend much time with any of those guys. You mean Saban's team won a natty and Kiffin was fortunate enough to get a chance to coach the QB.. Corral and Crompton might be his best examples and at least with Corral he will have more than a few months with.

I never said you mentioned google. I just thought it's a little odd that such gospel or any trace of support was spoken to even the googles.

Kiffin is definitely has a good offensive mind. His other coaching definciences are so large that it outweighs any positives and prevents him from being an effective head coach.

Other than Corral, he did not spend much time with any of those guys. You mean Saban's team won a natty and Kiffin was fortunate enough to get a chance to coach the QB.. Corral and Crompton might be his best examples and at least with Corral he will have more than a few months with.

He won a title with Coker who was a project QB. But hey, keep on with your bias. Sorry this has triggered you.

Regarding his hire and the Mannings, you don't have to use google to know what is common knowledge around Oxford and Sexton's circle..... This literally is not any drama that you are making it out to be. Sorry you aren't plugged in via google to know this tidbit.

He won a title with Coker who was a project QB. But hey, keep on with your bias. Sorry this has triggered you.

Regarding his hire and the Mannings, you don't have to use google to know what is common knowledge around Oxford and Sexton's circle..... This literally is not any drama that you are making it out to be. Sorry you aren't plugged in via google to know this tidbit.

Hahah I am simply asking logical questions, no drama on my end.

Don't be sorry, fill me in on your secret google tidbit knowledge. Have you found any public statements of support? Due to their connection to Ole Miss it seems logical the Manning family would sign off on the hire but odd that no public support has been given.

Coaching a qb on Saban's team is hardly proof that he is an offensive genius. Crompton is a far better example but all it proves is that he can be a good offensive coordinator, not a head coach. How many power 5 championships has Kiffin won as the head coach?

Coaching a qb on Saban's team is hardly proof that he is an offensive genius. Crompton is a far better example but all it proves is that he can be a good offensive coordinator, not a head coach. How many power 5 championships has Kiffin won as the head coach?

Kiffen has won as many championships today as he is likely to win over the next ten-twenty years. This guy never has been a coaching savior and had he stayed in Knoxville, I believe he would have imploded sooner or later, either on the field or off. He's just getting older, but he's unlikely to change his basic personality and approach to life.

Didn't want him then, was glad when he bolted and nothing has changed over time for me. GBO!

VN Store

Back