Gonna be Pruitt.

I get the feeling he'd bring Mike Locksley as OC, and either Derrick Ansley or Tosh Lupoi as DC.

Forgot about Locksley! Isn’t he an analyst for them? Another great recruiter and pretty stout playcaller.

Some of you are flat-out delusional.

Despite the fact that:

*people have told you repeatedly that 3 of the 4 coaches in the CFP were 1st time head coaches

*we engaged in Schiano-Gate

*we went 4-8 and winless in the conference for our worst season in team history

*we haven't fielded an adequate defense in the past decade

*we appear to be on the verge of hiring a proven defensive coordinator who has, at three different universities, fielded REGULAR top 20 defenses

You still want to whine and cry. Get over yourselves.
If the Vatican announced an opening for the Pope,within minutes a number of Vol fans would announce that Gruden/Kiffin wants the job,if only they would be asked.

Ummmm, he is the DC at Alabama. I believe they play just as many SEC teams as UT, and in a much tougher division of the SEC.
Dude, seriously? You need to go back and read my post again. I was responding to someone who said Leach (not Pruitt), has a top defense this year. I asked if the OP thought Leach's defense would be rated that highly if he was playing SEC teams week in and week out. LOL

We passed on: Miles, Taggert, Norvell, Campbell, LEACH, Fuente, Morris, Sumlim, Dantonio, Babers, Wilcox etc... So landing a coach with no experience is about as Tennessee as it gets.... Sigh :(

We did pass on all those. Taggert made it plain he would only leave for Florida or FSU. Campbell had an impossible buyout. Fuente was never available. Sumlin said right off the bat that he had no interest in UT.
Wilcox is not leaving the west. The rest maybe but don't make it look like we passed on all the others.

We could hire Jesus Christ and people on here would complain. It’s a good hire (if it happens)

Everybody who wouldn't want the next Kirby Smart stand up. It's hard to explain how you'd like our record over Georgia's. Or Washington State's record over Georgia's.

Can Pruitt learn to hate Bammers being a Bammer himself? Gotta hate Bammers to be at Tennessee.:)

You'd think he would hate Phil Fulmer after what they accused him of.:)

Shoop has proven to be a hack over multiple games. Pruitt had really one bad half of football against UT.

Not only that, but look at the players he recruited. He is a great recruiter, and even got Henry to Alabama, where is ran his way to the Heisman trophy, and made UT look stupid in the process.

Huh???? Henry was a 2013 recruit .. here is the problem with your statement. Pruitt was FSU's DC in 2013 and Pruitt may have been lead recruiter in 2012 before leaving for FSU but he had ZERO to do with Henry getting to Bama.

Now, from a Dawg fan, know this. Pruitt can recruit and he can coach. The thing you will have to be weary of is he pisses people off in the administration with regularity so don't expect him to just go along with everything Phil tries to shove on him. He is a hot head and has no filter when he speaks.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back