Gone but not forgotten: Knoxville area restaurants and retailers we miss.

These are probably the snacks that you had at home in the 70's...how many of these did you
have.....

One of my favorite candy bars growing up that you dont see anymore is Marathon. Its was just a long chocolate and caramel bar that was woven like a Pretzel but I thought they were delicious!

Another snack I loved growing up was Doo Dads. These were similar to the Chex Mix we have today but I thought they tasted better!

21HclO0zjxL._CR26,0,183,183_UX175.jpg
48361875_2106055936281587_162832475163197440_n.jpg

RIP Knoxville area Central Parks.
I live in the Chattanooga/North Georgia area. All of the Central Parks here closed a while back but there's one in North Georgia that's still open under the name "Battlefield Burgers". Though the name changed, it's the exact same menu and the food tastes the same.

Last edited:
I live in the Chattanooga/North Georgia area. All of the Central Parks here closed a while back but theres one in North Georgia thats still open under the name "Battlefield Burgers" Though the name changed, its the exact same menu and the food tastes the same.

Same here in Knoxville. I haven't been in some time, but I'm told the Maryville and Western Ave stores both changed names but seems to sell the same food. If they still have those Rallys/Checkers fries then I'll visit again.

Same here in Knoxville. I haven't been in some time, but I'm told the Maryville and Western Ave stores both changed names but seems to sell the same food. If they still have those Rallys/Checkers fries then I'll visit again.
Someone is putting a Checkers in the old Krystal on Chapman Hwy.

Which is nice if anyone gets a craving while cashing a check or pawning something.

I live in the Chattanooga/North Georgia area. All of the Central Parks here closed a while back but there's one in North Georgia that's still open under the name "Battlefield Burgers". Though the name changed, it's the exact same menu and the food tastes the same.

I think I saw one when passing through Sparta, GA a few months back. Couldn't tell if it was open though (it was in what I'd think would be a dead period between lunch and dinner).

Oh man, that CP that sat in the shadow of the power line tower next to where the Walgreens is now at Kingston & Buckingham, I must have rolled up to that one a hundred times a year in the late 80s.

Closest runner-up was probably Mrs. Winners, out by Walker Springs. Looking at GMaps, I think it's now a Fiesta Garibaldi Mexican Grill. I'm guessing they don't serve country fried steak dinners with green beans and mashed potatoes.

Remember my mother taking me to see Alice in Wonderland there over 60 years ago. We both loved the theater.

Reactions: MAD
Remember my mother taking me to see Alice in Wonderland there over 60 years ago. We both loved the theater.
You have a good memory, I was there several times and can’t remember what I saw.

VN Store

Back