Gone but not forgotten: Knoxville area restaurants and retailers we miss.

Is Casa Gallardo still there? What about Garcia's? Those were my two favorite Mexican restaurants back in the 80s/90s. Garcia's "mini-chimis" were the bomb!

Reactions: Boca Vol
Is Casa Gallardo still there? What about Garcia's? Those were my two favorite Mexican restaurants back in the 80s/90s. Garcia's "mini-chimis" were the bomb!

Everything about Garcia’s is incredible, and this comes from a guy worked there for 2.5 years in high school. I’d pay some good money to have certain menus items right now.

Reactions: VolInNorthCack
Anyone remember the Chinese buffet place that near Downtown West Blvd. and Gleason Dr?

Everything about Garcia’s is incredible, and this comes from a guy worked there for 2.5 years in high school. I’d pay some good money to have certain menus items right now.
I was a busboy there for the summer after I graduated hs. Such a great job

Reactions: VolInNorthCack
Anyone remember the Chinese buffet place that near Downtown West Blvd. and Gleason Dr?

Was it called the Mandarin House? I know which one you are talking about. It used to be great years ago. Went back about 10 years ago and it was pretty nasty. It is still some sort of Asian food place now but haven't been back.

Reactions: Boca Vol
Was it called the Mandarin House? I know which one you are talking about. It used to be great years ago. Went back about 10 years ago and it was pretty nasty. It is still some sort of Asian food place now but haven't been back.

It's empty now. Asia Cafe closed awhile back.

Mandarin House....that was it. Thanks.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Pelancho's is where Garcia's used to be.

They got in huge trouble like 10 years ago. Turned out the owner (I don’t think it was the original guy) was involved in human trafficking.

The Half Shell (Homberg at Mohican)
Regas
Putt-Putt on Papermill Road
Ramada Inn across from West Town
The Last Lap
The UT Student Center
Stokely Athletics Center
Ali Baba's Time-Out Deli
Athletic House
Deane Hill Country Club
Falafel Hut
Taco Rancho
The Orange Tee driving range
Hanna's Restaurant
The Campus Inn bar
Pero's
The Snake Snatch Lodge
Darryl's 1879 on Bearden Hill
Shakey's Pizza
Bill Regas had the best restaurant in Tennessee and one of the best in the South

VN Store

Back