Getting to six... how?

There's still a few that are awfully quiet since we've won a few. That one little guy that enjoyed saying how obvious it is to him "Pruitt is just not a good coach". The rest of us were delusional or some crap. Oh, he even had people he knows that know Pruitt personally and they've told him all about Pruitt. He couldn't tell us who it was, but they obviously know football. Lol.

Pruitt still may not turn out to be an elite coach, but the " he's not a good coach" narrative is looking kinda silly bout right now. Probably why he's not around.
The start sucked. Everybody knows it. It also didn't tell the entire story that some were 100% sure it would. And some of them had already bought into that when he was hired. Those that wern't ready to grab a pitchfork after BYU and let it play out, look a lot less silly. Which explains the post frequency of some.

It could have very easily turned into a 2 win debacle with a still green HC. The fact that it didn't is impressive considering that fact.

He aint "the guy" just yet. But he's not just a bum collecting a check either.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
We’ve lost 4 games by a combined 71 points. That averages out to us losing by basically 18 points per game. That wouldn’t be so bad during the upcoming stretch of games, but that number includes GAST and BYU. Knowing what you know of our team, seeing the product on the field thus far, and seeing the above stat.... how in the world can anyone be talking about a freaking bowl game. We played a decent half against Georgia and you’re all crazy enough to think that means we are going to win 5 of our next 7 games. We bring the embarrassment on ourselves with conversations like this.
Talk about embarrassing...

A lot of you on this thread can enjoy this nice repast for Thanksgiving. No turkey for you this year!

View attachment 240964

No need for them to eat crow or apologize for anything. Alot of them said that those that didn't agree with them were "delusional" and/or "didn't know anything about football." Its obvious now who is delusional and should probably stick to women's softball and tennis.

Some people are happy to eat their crow and enjoying the wins now including yours truly.

Others are digging through old threads to make themselves feel good about being Capt Optimistic 2 months ago.
This is why no one should ask anyone to eat crow.

Just take pleasure in them being asshats in their wrongness.

I will take my crow as well and be happy about it. After losing to Georgia St, which is still one of the worst losses in my lifetime, I didn’t have any faith that we would win more than 3 games.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Missouri will stop us. I am not feeling good about Miss State because of the bye week. Alabama won't happen and is laughable to talk about. We can beat UAB, Vandy, and UK. That leaves South Carolina to finish 5-7. I don't see 6-6 happening. I am looking at 4-8 or worse.

Solid....

Lots of people are all of a sudden talking about the possibility of 6-6 and a bowl invite. So out of Mississippi State, Alabama, South Carolina, UAB, Kentucky, Missouri, and Vanderbilt, which five do the Vols beat to get there?

I guess the answer is Mississippi St., South Carolina, UAB, Kentucky, and Missouri. And soon to be Vanderbilt. What a turn of events. It's a Cinderella story. Go Vols! Sink the Commodores!

I don’t think the fans that predicted 3 or 4 wins at this point in the season should have to “eat crow” till the fans that predicted 9 or 10 wins for the season do the same thing.

Easy to Monday morning QB this season as it is almost over. Probably 99% of everybody was thinking with a 1-4 start and Bama still to play that no way would we be playing in a bowl game-me included. Glad they righted the ship and pulled out some wins against some decent teams. Vols will be all the way back when they can regularly beat the Florida's, Bama's, and Georgia's of the conference.

VN Store

Back