Getting to six... how?

Missouri will stop us. I am not feeling good about Miss State because of the bye week. Alabama won't happen and is laughable to talk about. We can beat UAB, Vandy, and UK. That leaves South Carolina to finish 5-7. I don't see 6-6 happening. I am looking at 4-8 or worse.

👀

Reactions: ScottyP5
This whole thread is a hoot to read post Mizzou, but this is my nominee for the arrogance has it's cost award.....

lol if you say so.

History based realism: 972,678

Baseless Orange tinted optimism: 1

Glad they turned it around. There was no actual reason to believe from the outside it was going to happen after Florida.

I don't understand why everyone has to eat crow who looked at a horrible 0-2 team and said "if we can't beat 2-10 GSU, who can we beat?"
I also don't understand why people who simply said "JG sucks" should eat crow either. He did... now if they said "He'll never take another snap/win another game" then fine.

Reactions: vols 30
I don't understand why everyone has to eat crow who looked at a horrible 0-2 team and said "if we can't beat 2-10 GSU, who can we beat?"
I also don't understand why people who simply said "JG sucks" should eat crow either. He did... now if they said "He'll never take another snap/win another game" then fine.

Yep. You sure weren't gonna find a lot of 6-6 folks after the UF ran us outta town. So, it's not like everyone KNEW we were going bowling.

When did it become some kind of crystal ball gazer p***in match? Plenty of fans just took it one game at a time and let it play out.

No one should eat crow and no one should be asking them to IMO. But when people run their mouth like they know everything and talk down to others by calling them stupid, delusional, living in fantasy land etc, someone is gonna throw it up in their face. If you ask me, I think asking them to eat crow is letting them off easy. Lol.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Did not see that in the board rules that we need to maximize opportunities to embarrass ourselves with cocky declarative statements that don't come true...

Yeah, I'm not remotely embarrassed by my statement.

This team played poorly early in the season and the recent series with both Vandy and Missouri suggested they would have trouble.

Getting to 6 wins looked to be a tall order several weeks ago.

I'm glad they did it and choosing to enjoy the accomplishment while looking ahead, not dredging up threads to bump so I can play my true fan card.

After the BYU loss, I said Pruitt had to pull an "inside straight" (win every winnable game for that point on) and damn if he will do it with a win Sat vs Vandy.
Accurate. Rucker made this same analogy after the Miss St game. FPI gave us about 11% to make a bowl at that point. An inside straight is about 8% headed to the river. Long odds.

But not as long as going 7-5 after UGA. That was about .8%! Truly unbelievable.

GSU wasn't 2-10 this year...and losing to a single team doesn't mean you can't beat other teams, that is ridiculous and illogical. Nor does beating 1 great team mean you'll beat all the others. This isn't a math equation. See: 2019 USCjr. See: UT 2019. The entire idea is silly. Anyone that has ever played sports understands, "Any Given Sunday". If you don't understand sports, maybe you undetstand statistics. Ever study variance?

VN Store

Back