Georgia OC

Georgia has hired NFL OC Todd Monken as their new OC I hate it but this could be another Joe Brady type hire
UGA better have an NFL quality quarterback, receivers, and running back. The best of schemes falls flat without the Jimmies and the Joes. Brady does none of that at LSU with out Burrow and the boys.

lightning rarely strikes the same place twice. What I mean is, all of the circumstances have to be just right (as LSU had this year) for a hire like this to be a home run. Not saying this is a bad hire just more than likely it is a good possibly great hire.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
Curious that he's had 9 different stops in the past 20 years, but on the surface it seems like a solid hire by UGA. He's not going to transform a program like Brady did though... if he were that good I think he would have received an opportunity like this before he reached his 50s. This is the first championship contending program to give him the reins.

Joe Brady was a young guy with little experience that came to LSU to start introducing some new NFL concepts to their passing game. He exceeded what anyone thought he was capable of.

Monken is older and has a long career. We know what Monken is capable of and it's not what Brady showed at LSU. I don't think they are comparable and I am not worried.

Georgia has hired NFL OC Todd Monken as their new OC I hate it but this could be another Joe Brady type hire
His offense was ranked 22nd in the NFL this year with a team many expert's called a super bowl contender.

Plus Kirby has proven time and time again to be a terrible in game decision maker so it really won't matter. Their window has come and gone

UGA returns a top defense. They don’t need LSU type turnaround to win the east. Any improvement on offense will enough to win the east.

Reactions: Chattdawg
Curious that he's had 9 different stops in the past 20 years, but on the surface it seems like a solid hire by UGA. He's not going to transform a program like Brady did though... if he were that good I think he would have received an opportunity like this before he reached his 50s. This is the first championship contending program to give him the reins.
Definitely doesn’t seem to be a long term hire. Also curious to see what happens with Coley. He’s not the best OC, but is an ace recruiter. He’s been instrumental in helping UGA cherry pick Florida.

Monken did not call plays for Cleveland last year. Kitchens refused to turn over that responsibility much to the frustration of Monken. Kitchens also went against the game plan and had horrible clock management.

His offense was ranked 22nd in the NFL this year with a team many expert's called a super bowl contender.

Plus Kirby has proven time and time again to be a terrible in game decision maker so it really won't matter. Their window has come and gone

Yep, we’re circling the drain. We only have more 5 stars on our roster than the entire East combined and are bringing in the highest average class per recruit ranking on 247.

You know you’ve arrived when your rivals view your 12-2, Sugar Bowl champs, #4 ranking finish as a bad season.

Oh, and Monken didn’t call plays in Cleveland. Kitchens did. He did call plays at Oklahoma State though when they lit up the scoreboard. We’re thrilled in Athens.

Certainly closer to being their year than being our year
You going to be disappointed if they don't win? I'm not. I live here, hear the crap every day. Fromm, swift, and all that talent couldn't win, but now an "overrated qb from an overrated conference" is gonna win it all. Now an OC that none of them knew before now, he's the key! Maybe they will, and you'll be happy for them. I personally believe it'll be the same Georgia.

Yep, we’re circling the drain. We only have more 5 stars on our roster than the entire East combined and are bringing in the highest average class per recruit ranking on 247.

You know you’ve arrived when your rivals view your 12-2, Sugar Bowl champs, #4 ranking finish as a bad season.

Oh, and Monken didn’t call plays in Cleveland. Kitchens did. He did call plays at Oklahoma State though when they lit up the scoreboard. We’re thrilled in Athens.
Thing is, your arrival is at the same spot it's been for the past 40 years, not as NCAA champions. Georgia wouldn't be so unbearable if the majority of fans didn't run around like they were Alabama or Clemson, and actually claim they're better.

Reactions: Remy and kcvols1

VN Store

Back