Georgia OC

Are you attempting to refute my point or just stating an obvious fact? Let me rephrase for you since it was obviously too complicated.

He failed at his last football job, so until he succeeds at UGA, I don't see any reason to worry.
You do know that bargain bin head coach Freddie Kitchens called the plays for Cleveland, right?

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
Always seems like Kirby is just a step behind. Always trying to be the “Bama of the East,” now trying to replicate the LSU magic.

Just be you, Kirby.
cl6rxtddflusikekhynw.jpg

DtXxwW7VYAALqym.jpg

usatsi_11770509.jpg

H
He was successful at Oklahoma St.
and where else and was that not Gundys offense that Monken was running? he had a 9-5 record at So Miss but won 4 games in his first 2 years. Not saying he is not good but I dont think its a home run hire

Last edited:
And we would trade places with him and Georgia in a second
why would we ? they have had 3 good years and at the end of the day they still have not won nothing. Talent yes. Give me Pruitt 7 days a week over Smart and the talent will come with more wins. Smart already had talent when he went to Ga. If you want to trade place then by all means go be a dawg fan. Its a free country.

just remember, coley was going to be an upgrade over Chaney....it was addition by subtraction.

Reactions: rikberry31
You do know the only real success he's had at a remotely high level has been at OK St under Mike Gundy, right? Who do you think was calling the plays there?
Here's why I think this hire will hurt us. I think by making this hire, it will keep Kirby's hands out of the offense. The less Kirby touches the offense, the more likely UGA wins the SEC East since they have significantly more talent than anyone else and Kirby's meddling has hurt the offense in the past.

Monken can be average but an average Monken is better than a meddling Kirby.

Most of y'all are giving Brady way too much credit. Is he a great coach? Probably, but he was just implementing Sean Peyton's offense from the Saints. As far as Todd Monken goes, his greatest years came at Oklahoma State unfortunately for UGA fans it had little to do with Todd Monken and more to do with Mike Gundy. Oklahoma State's offense ranked in the top 20 in total offense 11 out of his 14 seasons at OSU. It is his offense and has been since he got there. He may be a great coach but outside of his years at OSU he doesn't have much to show. I wouldn't pop the champagne just yet in Athens. There is a reason coaches go to Cleveland and it isn't because they are good
“Just implementing Sean Payton’s offense from the Saints”

You say that as if any average joe is qualified and able to do such a thing. I never said the guy was a genius, but there’s tremendous value in being able to install a proven system. Monken’s system hasn’t proven anything yet.

UGA returns a top defense. They don’t need LSU type turnaround to win the east. Any improvement on offense will enough to win the east.

imo opinion fla beats them this year, as well as us if we have good qb play

Grhh.... Woof woof...Arf Arf....
Lot of bark, no bite.

On a somewhat serious note, Rome is always invincible with superior resources until the barbarians over take it.

Is there any sense of urgency in GA to land the knockout before UT & FL close the gap?

The last two coaches that Monken was an OC under ended up getting fired. Hopefully Kirby is next.
I actually like Kirby being at UGA. Expecting them to regress a little now that the hype has died down some. Feels like he’s missed his window

Reactions: Wireless1
Bama, Florida and Auburn are gonna light that "top defense" up next year. Gotta score points to win.
You mean like they did in 19’?
UGA has to score points to win the SEC/playoff games. The defense is good enough to win the east, like I said, and like it was in 19’

We may be trash, but not only is Athens not a sh!thole, but it was once again voted the best college town in America.

Other ratings show it to be pretty bad, part of the problem is it is always at the top for the most poverty-stricken cities in the US. I have clients there, I actually like visiting. To me it is nicer than Reading or Erie, as well as some of the KY communities that sometimes get a bad rap.

VN Store

Back