Georgia OC

Pretty sure none of y’all saw 98 coming with Manning off to the NFL. I mean, Manning couldn’t beat Florida and win aMNC so no way Tee Martin could, right?
I didn't, but I didn't run around ever and act like we were unbeatable, even after 98.

Yep, we’re circling the drain. We only have more 5 stars on our roster than the entire East combined and are bringing in the highest average class per recruit ranking on 247.

You know you’ve arrived when your rivals view your 12-2, Sugar Bowl champs, #4 ranking finish as a bad season.

Oh, and Monken didn’t call plays in Cleveland. Kitchens did. He did call plays at Oklahoma State though when they lit up the scoreboard. We’re thrilled in Athens.
And yet you guys still manage to f#$k up

Thing is, your arrival is at the same spot it's been for the past 40 years, not as NCAA champions. Georgia wouldn't be so unbearable if the majority of fans didn't run around like they were Alabama or Clemson, and actually claim they're better.
How are UGA fan different from ours..lol. 75% of our is going on about a 10 win season and winning the east next year.

Reactions: Dawgoutofwater
His offense was ranked 22nd in the NFL this year with a team many expert's called a super bowl contender.

Plus Kirby has proven time and time again to be a terrible in game decision maker so it really won't matter. Their window has come and gone

He was a figurehead in Cleveland with bargain bin head coach Freddie Kitchens calling the plays....

Monken loves to throw the ball downfield (see Tampa) so it will be interesting to see how that fits in with Kirby's vision of the offense.

Kirby isn’t as stubborn as I thought this is a home run hire and bringing in Jamie Newman from Wake Forest now makes sense. This might be the hire that finally gets Georgia and Kirby over that hump

Reactions: vettefool
Yep, we’re circling the drain. We only have more 5 stars on our roster than the entire East combined and are bringing in the highest average class per recruit ranking on 247.

You know you’ve arrived when your rivals view your 12-2, Sugar Bowl champs, #4 ranking finish as a bad season.

Oh, and Monken didn’t call plays in Cleveland. Kitchens did. He did call plays at Oklahoma State though when they lit up the scoreboard. We’re thrilled in Athens.

Love ya, precious. You’re right on cue as usual.

Sure y’all don’t want to trade mascots with South Carolina? You sure crow more than usual for a dog.

Reactions: VAVol85
Curious that he's had 9 different stops in the past 20 years, but on the surface it seems like a solid hire by UGA. He's not going to transform a program like Brady did though... if he were that good I think he would have received an opportunity like this before he reached his 50s. This is the first championship contending program to give him the reins.

Most of y'all are giving Brady way too much credit. Is he a great coach? Probably, but he was just implementing Sean Peyton's offense from the Saints. As far as Todd Monken goes, his greatest years came at Oklahoma State unfortunately for UGA fans it had little to do with Todd Monken and more to do with Mike Gundy. Oklahoma State's offense ranked in the top 20 in total offense 11 out of his 14 seasons at OSU. It is his offense and has been since he got there. He may be a great coach but outside of his years at OSU he doesn't have much to show. I wouldn't pop the champagne just yet in Athens. There is a reason coaches go to Cleveland and it isn't because they are good

Pretty sure none of y’all saw 98 coming with Manning off to the NFL. I mean, Manning couldn’t beat Florida and win aMNC so no way Tee Martin could, right?

How do you all feel about Newman?
Looks better than Frohm to me.

UGA returns a top defense. They don’t need LSU type turnaround to win the east. Any improvement on offense will enough to win the east.

Bama, Florida and Auburn are gonna light that "top defense" up next year. Gotta score points to win.

Reactions: Jaws
Ga will still be the team with talent and still find a way to blow it. Its what they do best. Monken is a good hire but I would not trade Chaney for him

Reactions: Jax_Vol
Kirby isn’t as stubborn as I thought this is a home run hire and bringing in Jamie Newman from Wake Forest now makes sense. This might be the hire that finally gets Georgia and Kirby over that hump
nothing about neither one makes me think that this gets Ga over the hump. They bring in this kid and all of a sudden ,he is better than Fromm? and Monken does not scare anybody.

VN Store

Back