Georgia = Biggest threat going forward

Georgia has been good the past few years but their future is incredibly bright. Not only is it arguably the easiest recruiting hotbed with all the talent coming out of that state, but I believe Kirby smart is going to bring them a natty in the next few years. It takes an idiot as a coach to not be dominant at UGA. With all the talent at your fingertips there is absolutely no excuse to not be in the playoffs every year. I am making a bold prediction that they beat Bama this year and it will ignite the slow demise of Alabama as top dog in the SEC.

In my opinion, bama has had undeserved wins against UGA. I think Georgia dominated every game against Saban the past two years even if the scoreboard showed otherwise.

You may be thinking of the game of the infamous failed fake punt that Smart called that lost them the game... I don’t believe Smart made that call, neither do many UGA fans. It was an on the field call that Justin Fields made at the line despite what Kirby wanted from the sideline before the snap.

Fromm had clearly won the starting position and it was no secret that Fields was unhappy with his starting time and wasn’t going to win the position over Fromm. He took his chance and screwed up and Smart took the fall for the team. Fields was gone not long after. I’ve had a few Georgia fans in the know tell me that’s what happened.

Seems far fetched but the more I think about it, it makes sense. Who is more likely to make that stupid of a decision with a fake punt from the middle of the field, Smart or Fields?

Smart is still coming into his own and I don’t doubt Georgia will be over Bama and Clemson within two years.
Talent at your fingertips doesn't always spell success; if it did the Gators, Noles, and Canes would be winning the Natty every year.

A lot of you need to turn in your Vol card, buy a ridiculous looking uga polo, adopt a persistent superior attitude, make passive aggressive argument your forte, and become an uga fan. I'm sure there are CDs of Larry Mushmouth talking about breaking faces with boots you can use to get up to speed.

A couple of pointers to help you in your transition:

1. uga is NEVER beaten by ANYONE. They beat themselves, they fail to care about games, they make mental mistakes, the refs cheat, or a twist of fate occurs. It has little, if anything, to do with the other team. EVER.

2. uga's current coach, whoever that is at the time, is the GOAT. They observe every NCAA rule in recruiting, they are usually a deacon in their church, every player on the team looks up to them and secretly wishes he was their father, and if you are in their presence, you are a better person for having been so.

2a. Assistant coaches never leave uga for a better position. Being a position coach at uga is preferable to being a HC at any other program in CFB. If a coach leaves, it was due to the fact that the HC no longer wanted him. And that judgment is infallible. See #2, above.

3. Every young boy in America dreams of playing for uga. they recruit who they want, when they want. If a recruit doesn't sign with them, it was due to uga losing interest, signing a better player, off field issues, or simply a lack of space. No recruit EVER chooses another school over uga, which means that except for the 25 or so young men blessed to be on the final list, every recruit in America signed with their second choice, at best.

4. uga has no weaknesses. Even if their play isn't up to snuff in a certain position, they have MORE than enough talent on the bench to solve that issue this year. See #5, below.

5. This is uga's year to win it all. EVERY year is that year. If it doesn't happen, (like, for example, the past 39 years) see #1 above.

6. A drunk-sounding mushmouth talking about stomping on a face and breaking bones is your greatest audio highlight of the past 40 years. You must love this clip, and consider it the apex of sports broadcasting.

7. You must NEVER pay a compliment to another team without a passive aggressive slap at them. "You have a really good OL, for you" is a perfect example. This must be followed with a declaration that uga's (insert item complimented) is better, and you have 5-6 5star recruits in that same position just waiting for an uga offer. See #3 above.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
My biggest dilemma...which team do I hate the most... UGA, BAMMER, or the Gators?
Certainly a tough decision. Go Vols!!

A lot of you need to turn in your Vol card, buy a ridiculous looking uga polo, adopt a persistent superior attitude, make passive aggressive argument your forte, and become an uga fan. I'm sure there are CDs of Larry Mushmouth talking about breaking faces with boots you can use to get up to speed.

A couple of pointers to help you in your transition:

1. uga is NEVER beaten by ANYONE. They beat themselves, they fail to care about games, they make mental mistakes, the refs cheat, or a twist of fate occurs. It has little, if anything, to do with the other team. EVER.

2. uga's current coach, whoever that is at the time, is the GOAT. They observe every NCAA rule in recruiting, they are usually a deacon in their church, every player on the team looks up to them and secretly wishes he was their father, and if you are in their presence, you are a better person for having been so.

2a. Assistant coaches never leave uga for a better position. Being a position coach at uga is preferable to being a HC at any other program in CFB. If a coach leaves, it was due to the fact that the HC no longer wanted him. And that judgment is infallible. See #2, above.

3. Every young boy in America dreams of playing for uga. they recruit who they want, when they want. If a recruit doesn't sign with them, it was due to uga losing interest, signing a better player, off field issues, or simply a lack of space. No recruit EVER chooses another school over uga, which means that except for the 25 or so young men blessed to be on the final list, every recruit in America signed with their second choice, at best.

4. uga has no weaknesses. Even if their play isn't up to snuff in a certain position, they have MORE than enough talent on the bench to solve that issue this year. See #5, below.

5. This is uga's year to win it all. EVERY year is that year. If it doesn't happen, (like, for example, the past 39 years) see #1 above.

6. A drunk-sounding mushmouth talking about stomping on a face and breaking bones is your greatest audio highlight of the past 40 years. You must love this clip, and consider it the apex of sports broadcasting.

7. You must NEVER pay a compliment to another team without a passive aggressive slap at them. "You have a really good OL, for you" is a perfect example. This must be followed with a declaration that uga's (insert item complimented) is better, and you have 5-6 5star recruits in that same position just waiting for an uga offer. See #3 above.

I hope this helps.
In my best Dr. Evil voice..."1 Meelyon Likes"..

I'll take Georgiaing over Tennesseeing...at least last 2 and likely to become years. Unfortunately they are owning us the way we did to them in the 90s.

Unfortunately our fans seem to be acting as stupid as UGA fans did back then.

Big deal, like what you have to say is any more important than anyone else. Lol, get over yourself already.

Reactions: chargervol
And Richt got fired with that same group, you just proved the point. Was it the players or the coaches that got him fired?

Proves what point? It shows the similarities between Kirby and him. High ranked classes and yet they cannot achieve what they should. If Kirby has that much top talent and then they look they get dominated in a bowl against Texas, that’s underachievement.

Proves what point? It shows the similarities between Kirby and him. High ranked classes and yet they cannot achieve what they should. If Kirby has that much top talent and then they look they get dominated in a bowl against Texas, that’s underachievement.
Seriously? What years did Kirby underachieve? Year 1 I guess, but most coaches go backwards in year 1. Year 2 was overachieving and year 3 was hitting expectations. The straw men UGA fans that call him the next Saban are delusional, though the only ppl who’ve met them are rival fans. Most of the fans I know realize 3 years isn’t a big enough sample size to cast a sweeping judgment. He’s done exceedingly well in his first 3 years and has recruited at an elite level. Other than that, he’s still a complete unknown at this point.

Reactions: vettefool
Losing Chaney will hurt GA this year. About not winning an NC in 35 years, it seems GA collects superb individual talent, but never gels as a team. I don't know why, maybe GA HS players are over-rated, or once they get to campus, it's all about "me".

Seriously? What years did Kirby underachieve? Year 1 I guess, but most coaches go backwards in year 1. Year 2 was overachieving and year 3 was hitting expectations. The straw men UGA fans that call him the next Saban are delusional, though the only ppl who’ve met them are rival fans. Most of the fans I know realize 3 years isn’t a big enough sample size to cast a sweeping judgment. He’s done exceedingly well in his first 3 years and has recruited at an elite level. Other than that, he’s still a complete unknown at this point.

I don’t know who is going to look at a team that has top 10 or higher classes consistently and say it’s an overachievement to reach the CFP in year 2 then say year 3 with even higher ranked talent is hitting expectations losing in a non playoff bowl game unless they’re your team.

Richt never approached the recruiting success that Kirby has them at. Not to mention he is recruiting a different caliber of player. Much tougher and more athletic. Richt was Butch Jones soft. Kirby isnt unfortunately.

Reactions: vettefool
I don’t know who is going to look at a team that has top 10 or higher classes consistently and say it’s an overachievement to reach the CFP in year 2 then say year 3 with even higher ranked talent is hitting expectations losing in a non playoff bowl game unless they’re your team.
No one had UGA winning the SEC or making the playoffs in year 2, especially when Eason got hurt. The following year they lost 30 seniors and were predicted to lose to bama by double digits in the SECC. Pretty fair to say they overachieved in year 2, and met expectations in year 3. Not hard to find any of those articles talking about UGA taking a step back after losing those seniors. You don’t lose your 2 best players on offense, your front 7 on defense and then get better. This is from Collegefootballnews prior to the 2018 season:
“Georgia will get close, but at 10-2, it’ll come down to a theoretical argument if it can beat Alabama in the SEC Championship. It’ll be a great season and a great team, but it’ll just miss out on getting into the CFP again.”

Last edited:
I admittingly dont follow Georgia close enough to know Kirby well, but from a distance he seems like a good recruiter, good motivator, and good defensive mind. I'll be interested in seeing how he does with a new Offensive and Defensive Cooridinator in play this year. I don't think he managed the QB room well with both Fields and Eason having left.

With us now having Chaney and Ansley, we may have the better staff. We have to close the gap though and compete. If we can field similar talent, I wouldn't be surprised to see our coaching staff outduel Georigia;s
We had better recruit better to ever be close to Ga. I don’t know if our coaching is great or not, but without the jimmys and joes, it’ll be almost impossible to compete with them year in and year out.

We had better recruit better to ever be close to Ga. I don’t know if our coaching is great or not, but without the jimmys and joes, it’ll be almost impossible to compete with them year in and year out.
Pruitt is a known elite recruiter and has several more on his staff. UT and UGA seem to both be going with the same blue print. With Pruitt its a question of when and not if imo. I’d bet on an elite recruiter filling the power vacuum post Saban. Pruitt, Smart, or Fisher are the most likely candidates to take advantage of a Saban-less SEC.

No one had UGA winning the SEC or making the playoffs in year 2, especially when Eason got hurt. The following year they lost 30 seniors and were predicted to lose to bama by double digits in the SECC. Pretty fair to say they overachieved in year 2, and met expectations in year 3. Not hard to find any of those articles talking about UGA taking a step back after losing those seniors. You don’t lose your 2 best players on offense, your front 7 on defense and then get better. This is from Collegefootballnews prior to the 2018 season:
“Georgia will get close, but at 10-2, it’ll come down to a theoretical argument if it can beat Alabama in the SEC Championship. It’ll be a great season and a great team, but it’ll just miss out on getting into the CFP again.”

www.dawgnation.com/football/georgia-football-top-25-coaches-poll

www.dawgnation.com/football/ap-poll-georgia-football-preseason-poll-college-football-rankings-2018/amp

Ranked in the top 4 for 2018. That would be underachievement. Must be a development issue if they can’t replace them with high ranked talent and keep going.

www.dawgnation.com/football/georgia-football-top-25-coaches-poll

www.dawgnation.com/football/ap-poll-georgia-football-preseason-poll-college-football-rankings-2018/amp

Ranked in the top 4 for 2018. That would be underachievement. Must be a development issue if they can’t replace them with high ranked talent and keep going.
And they missed the playoffs by 1 spot with the number 1 SoS. Acting like freshman were going to replace Roquan, Michel, Chubb, and the others is asinine. Also, using a preseason poll to prove your point doesn’t mean much. Preseason polls are rarely accurate. Though, missing 1 spot on UGA isn’t bad.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back