Georgia = Biggest threat going forward

Georgia has been good the past few years but their future is incredibly bright. Not only is it arguably the easiest recruiting hotbed with all the talent coming out of that state, but I believe Kirby smart is going to bring them a natty in the next few years. It takes an idiot as a coach to not be dominant at UGA. With all the talent at your fingertips there is absolutely no excuse to not be in the playoffs every year. I am making a bold prediction that they beat Bama this year and it will ignite the slow demise of Alabama as top dog in the SEC.

In my opinion, bama has had undeserved wins against UGA. I think Georgia dominated every game against Saban the past two years even if the scoreboard showed otherwise.

You may be thinking of the game of the infamous failed fake punt that Smart called that lost them the game... I don’t believe Smart made that call, neither do many UGA fans. It was an on the field call that Justin Fields made at the line despite what Kirby wanted from the sideline before the snap.

Fromm had clearly won the starting position and it was no secret that Fields was unhappy with his starting time and wasn’t going to win the position over Fromm. He took his chance and screwed up and Smart took the fall for the team. Fields was gone not long after. I’ve had a few Georgia fans in the know tell me that’s what happened.

Seems far fetched but the more I think about it, it makes sense. Who is more likely to make that stupid of a decision with a fake punt from the middle of the field, Smart or Fields?

Smart is still coming into his own and I don’t doubt Georgia will be over Bama and Clemson within two years.

I'm not sure why this totally Ga. thread is on this site. Guess it's really is a long off season. Hurry up late Aug.!

UGA has a good shot to win it all in 2019. Also in 2020 if Fromm doesn’t go pro. They are loaded top to bottom. Rival fans want to project their insecurities onto Smart, but he’ll eventually get it done there and we’ll still be on the outside looking in. Make peace with it now.
If that happens, then let Bama have his ass after he wins a Natty.

Kirby has been part of several last minute choke jobs (UT, Bama x2, GT, Vandy) and at least 1 faceplant a year against an inferior team (LSU, Ole Miss, Texas, Auburn). You can have all the talent but until UGA avoids those meltdowns, they will still be UGA...
You really think LSU was an inferior team to UGA in 2018? They finished higher in both rankings lol. LSU was equal to UGA if not better. Everyone knew UGA would take a step back in 2018 with the loss of their seniors. Not sure how or why the narrative changed. Also, listing the Vandy and GT games as chokes is a bit of a stretch. Both games were back and forth and UGA was bad in 2016. Bama was favored by double digits in each game and UGA played them fairly evenly. Not sure many people consider back and forth games a choke. A choke is win a favored team goes from certain victory to defeat.

One HUGE difference, recruiting. Richt never recruited like this. Smart has more 5 stars in two years than Richt did in his career. Recruiting is what sustains a program. Will have another top 2 class this year.

Kirby went all the way to the championship with Richts guys in 17. Richt was constantly in the top 10 for recruiting as well. Last year was a very underwhelming finish for GA with so many top classes.

They’re amazing, best program ever. It’s not like they had the same number of losses as lowly Florida and Kentucky last year.
Didn't UGA dominate both of those teams? Pretty sure they had the same number of losses due to playing an extra game.

I despise uga, because of the fans (mostly), and all the endless pomp and hype that program seems to attract. The most obnoxious and annoying fans in college football. I can’t stand bama, but that soul crushing TD two years ago was one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever seen.

Even if they do win it all, I don’t care and do not in any way envy them. They can take that ridiculous G they stole from Green Bay, that mascot they share with half the high schools in the country, that drunken mush-mouth they revere as their ‘voice’ and shove it all up their $&&#@.

There. And yes, I do feel better. Thanks for asking!! 😎😎😎
UGA had this G before Green Bay. Their G looked like a football then. It gradually morphed into a G like UGA's.

Kirby went all the way to the championship with Richts guys in 17. Richt was constantly in the top 10 for recruiting as well. Last year was a very underwhelming finish for GA with so many top classes.
Not really. Everyone expected UGA to take a step back after losing all of those seniors. They were predicted to win the east and lose to Bama in the SECC. They did exactly what everyone thought they would.

Georgia has a lot to prove to me before I make the prediction of them beating Alabama this year. I believe Georgia wins the east and is 11-1 going in to the SEC championship, but beating Bama is another thing and Georgia can not expect to lose their way into the playoffs

Alabama at this time has the edge at: receivers, defensive line and linebackers. Georgia only has a true edge at the defensive secondary and all other units could go in either direction but will be close. GA has to bridge the gap on receivers, defensive line and linebackers. GA has the opportunity to do that this season and I believe they will, but I have to see that development before I believe it will take place.

Smart is in his 4th season and the offense will be firing on all cylinders, but the defense wasnt recruited as elite in the beginning and next season may be the first time that the defense is really what it is meant to be with smarts recruits

GA and Bama are also in similar situations in that both teams have new offensive and defensive coordinators. Both are unproven at their respective programs and in my opinion that is the only area that could cause the biggest separation, but its outcome is to be seen

GA will remain a threat as long as they continue to recruit the way that they have and continue to have elite players on the offensive line.

In regards to asking when GA has ever had a dominant coach..... how many programs can say that their coach in the 2nd and 3rd season have a combined record of 24-5

Coaches that have won national championship in the playoff era, their records in year 2-3 combined, and the year they won a NC
Urban: 19-5, NC in year 5 has a HC
Jimbo: 21-6, NC in year 4 has a HC
Saban: 12-11, NC in year 10
Dabo: 14-12, NC in year 9

Downplaying what Kirby has accomplished in 3 years in comparison to what is normal would be crazy. Undefeated in the east in his 2nd and 3rd season and an SEC championship in year 2 in an accomplishment

I believe Pruitt can do similar, but he did not inherit what Smart did and it will take him more of a Dabo type of timeline to build his program. Although I believe TN gets 9 wins this season
UGA has the best O line in CFB, and this is the opinion of many. Also, there are 3 5 stars on the bench awaiting their turn.

Pittman is the GOAT. The dumbest thing Sgt. Carter did, other than the trash can, was not retaining Pittman.

Well op, if I had a desire for in-depth outlooks and praise for GA, or a need to know why uga fans should feel giddy, you definitely had me covered.

Guess it broke up the Bama lusting and the Florida fawning so, thanks, I think.

Umm, go UT? Anybody?😄

Reactions: Behr
And Richt got fired with that same group, you just proved the point. Was it the players or the coaches that got him fired?

Saban has at least 1 faceplant a year against an inferior team (LSU, Ole Miss, Texas, Auburn). You can have all the talent but until Bamaavoids those meltdowns, they will still be Bama...
If you truly believe that, I fixed your post. Is there a team that has more talent than Bama? Bama has lost at least one game to an inferior opponent every year, except 2010. ONE undefeated season, that’s it. Why does Bama lose to the A&Ms and OM’s of the world?

I am predicting this is the year Kirby Smart takes a step forward in his coaching ability and wipes the floor with Bama. It will also be the beginning of the end for Bama as top dog. UGA also ends up beating Clemson.

Don't try to live college football vicariusly through Georgia dude. They are a hated east rival. Your feelings about Bama are getting the best of you.

Kirby has been part of several last minute choke jobs (UT, Bama x2, GT, Vandy) and at least 1 faceplant a year against an inferior team (LSU, Ole Miss, Texas, Auburn). You can have all the talent but until UGA avoids those meltdowns, they will still be UGA...
"Still be UGA"....I hope not. They have absolutely owned us the last 2 years and have the bestvRB in the nation in Swift.

Don't try to live college football vicariusly through Georgia dude. They are a hated east rival. Your feelings about Bama are getting the best of you.

I give respect where it is due. Bama and Georgia are good... flat out. I like and respect strength. I don’t hate Saban, I respect him. It’s why, although being from Atlanta, watching Tom Brady come back against the Falcons in the Super Bowl was a thing of beauty. Everyone and their mother attributed Brady’s wins to deflated footballs which is just stupid. Watching him miss six games, return, make it to the Super Bowl, and pull off one of the greatest Super Bowl comebacks in history made me smile. (I’m also not really a Falcon’s fan).

But I also love an underdog story and Bama is soon to be dethroned in the SEC. I despise Florida because I don’t see them as truly strong, they have had too many undeserved wins against us and that’s what I hate... Florida.

My Vols are not there yet but I will forever bleed orange. I call it as I see it. I’ve been in the glory days and in the pits. We will be back, and it’s coming soon.

Reactions: secking
“Clemsoning” has been replaced by “Georgiaing”
I'll take Georgiaing over Tennesseeing...at least last 2 and likely to become years. Unfortunately they are owning us the way we did to them in the 90s.

Unfortunately our fans seem to be acting as stupid as UGA fans did back then.

I give respect where it is due. Bama and Georgia are good... flat out. I like and respect strength. I don’t hate Saban, I respect him. It’s why, although being from Atlanta, watching Tom Brady come back against the Falcons in the Super Bowl was a thing of beauty. Everyone and their mother attributed Brady’s wins to deflated footballs which is just stupid. Watching him miss six games, return, make it to the Super Bowl, and pull off one of the greatest Super Bowl comebacks in history made me smile. (I’m also not really a Falcon’s fan).

But I also love an underdog story and Bama is soon to be dethroned in the SEC. I despise Florida because I don’t see them as truly strong, they have had too many undeserved wins against us and that’s what I hate... Florida.

My Vols are not there yet but I will forever bleed orange. I call it as I see it. I’ve been in the glory days and in the pits. We will be back, and it’s coming soon.

The determining factor for any of the great teams is recruiting and coaching. I'm not sure what you see about Alabama that has you thinking it's over? We are fresh off the heels of a #1 recruiting class, we return the best group of wide receivers in the country and arguably the best QB. This season you will see, up close and in person the real Najee Harris and Brian Robinson, 2, 5* backs that have been laying in the weeds, buying their time. We recruited the nation's best 5* back this last recruiting cycle in Trey Sanders.

We are returning most of our OL and we have talent galore at the position waiting their turn, including arguably some of the very best OL recruits in the nation just getting here. We have the #1 recruit in the nation according to 24/7 in DE Antonio Alfono out of New Jersey. And it goes on and on and on.

Georgia is recruiting and has talent but they also lost every receiver that had a gameday stat to either the draft or graduation. So they have things to work on as well with their LOS. Just don't see it anytime soon.

VN Store

Back