George Floyd Protest/Riots

Literally none of that matters when talking about what happened to him. He was killed on camera, without due process, while a state enforcement officer kneeled on his neck without any remorse or care for his well being.

Maybe Floyd was a POS, I don’t know. But the issue here is police brutality. The only thing that matters in that respect is the police perpetrator and victim. Any other narrative takes away from that real issue.

This!!!

It's less about race, color, background...all that stuff. This is a police issue.

Reports are that he is in serious condition. He's 75 years old. Didn't stop them from walking past him like he was trash so they could arrest somebody.
When police are clearing people out after a riot dispersal order, you can’t go up to argue with them and touch their gun belts. Bet he won’t do that again

? Good grief, is it too much to reach the post and understand the context of the reply? The post responded to Bham going a little overboard regarding someone calling Floyd a scumbag, unworthy of lionization.

"Should he be dead? No, but that has nothing to do whether he was a crap human being." See? I covered that, too. SMH
Heard this crap about Arbery too. Saying someone was a criminal or pointing out that they weren’t good people doesn’t justify anything bad that happened to them, it’s just pointing out that “gentle giant, good kid going to college, making sandwiches for his church” the media puts out is a bunch of BS lies as usual

That's generally how I feel about George Washington. Not even gonna lie. We know today that slavery is wrong, but back then, it was part of the establishment. People didn't put much thought into it. Even Africans thought nothing of enslaving fellow Africans, or selling them to slave traders. How people think and feel has evolved with time.
There were plenty of people at the time of slavery that were against it.

8 Can't Wait

8 examples, of many
Lmao this shows how ignorant of current law and police policies these people are:

1 ban chokeholds/stranglehold’s - most modern departments have banned this except for in life or death situations which is appropriate

2 require de-escalation training - again probably 90% of departments have this type training including extra training for dealing with mentally ill persons

3 warning before shooting - police already try to give a warning in the form of “police” or “drop the weapon” but there is often no time to say anything if they come on to someone shooting at someone else. And it’s an officer safety issue for active shooters they are not going to give away their position to be shot at if they don’t have to. They are going to end the threat

4 exhaust all alternatives to shooting - This already happens almost everywhere. Officers don’t want to shoot anyone, the paperwork, court, media etc is not what the average officer wants and in fact some officers are hesitant to shoot when they probably should because of that fact. If someone has a deadly weapon they are about or have used there is no “alternative”

5 Duty to intervene - I assume this means officers intervening when other officers do something wrong? I have no issue with this one if there truly is misconduct going on

6 Ban shooting at moving vehicles - this already exists in almost every department except FOR when you or another person’s life is in danger

7 Require Use of Force Continuum - again every police department in the county has this. If you are saying that there has to be a requirement to use each step in a row that’s the dumbest thing ever. Force has to be met with higher degree of force to end the violence. If someone starts fighting and pulls a knife on an officer, “officer presence and verbal deescalation” are going to be skipped

8 require comprehensive reporting - This is already standard work for probably 95% if agencies because they regularly report their statistics to their city/county and the fed govt

Reactions: tennvols77
“Hey this guy thinks human beings should be treated as property, but other than that he’s a pretty cool dude”
You’re really going to have an issue with Native Americans and all Africans then! They were even worse than the Confederates

Innocent as in innocence until proven guilty would be a start.

Mr. Floyd was suspected of passing a fake $20. The store owner said Mr. Floyd likely didn’t even know the bill was fake. We will never know.

Mrs. Taylor was asleep in her bed. Never accused of a crime.

Mr. Castile was accused of having a broken tail light. I guess you could argue that he was not innocent.

Mr. Crawford was accused of pointing a rifle at Walmart shoppers. It was a toy, and the video shows that he never pointed it at anyone.

Young Mr. Rice was accused of pointing a handgun at people. The gun was a toy, and the video showed that he wasn’t pointing it at anyone.

Mrs. Jefferson was standing in her bedroom when a cop shot through her window killing her. She was accused of no crime.
Rice was shown several times to point the gun at passerby’s head so wrong on the facts. I have no issue agreeing with you on Jefferson and Castille. Taylor and Floyd were involved in criminal activity. Crawford was just an idiot who got shot bc a guy lied when he called 911

VN Store

Back