George Floyd Protest/Riots

Oh I think the British Empire thought it was about wanting some free ****

Not really comparable in any regard. The looters then eventually won yet theses stand no chance. Might be somewhat relevant that they weren’t destroying their own property and communities in 1773.

The first thought that popped in my mind in reading your reply was it’s the Joe Biden equivalent “you’re not black” retort. So... ok...

Biden was connecting voting with blackness. I am connecting "outrage" with "not getting distracted by the next shiny object". Those are nowhere near the same thing

People are allowed to disagree with a protest or how it's conducted. I disagreed with how Colin K. conducted his protest. I thought it disrespectful to kneel during the anthem. Last I looked, it was okay for me to protest his protest. If he did it away from the playing field, and not while he was at his job, I'd have zero problem supporting him, because I thought what he was protesting was legit. But I didn't like the way he did it. I'm allowed to feel that way. Just as I'm against burning the flag. The law may say it can be done but I don't have to agree with it, and I'm allowed to voice my displeasure.

Nobody said you can't feel any kind of way. Trump called the players sons of bitches, told their bosses how to deal with them, and demonized them simply because they protested police brutality. I'm explaining how he contributed to the boiling point we reached, not telling you what position you must personally take.

Not my discussion but I will say it's possible to hold multiple thoughts in one's head at the same time. What happened to Floyd is tragic injustice. Violent protest that destroys the businesses of people who had nothing to do with it is also injustice. Ironically the latter distracts attention from the former.
Yep. As a minister posted that I read it distracts from the genuine outrage over what happened to Floyd and totally dishonors the peaceful protests.

There’s nothing related to protesting the death of George Floyd when you torch a Target, grab a new 60” TV and two packs of Huggies (an actual pic of that), and hauling ass home with your “protest lewt”.

Not really comparable in any regard. The looters then eventually won yet theses stand no chance. Might be somewhat relevant that they weren’t destroying their own property and communities in 1773.
Oh look more thinly veiled racism

I have yet to see one person destroy their own property. If a neighbor burn your business down, did they burn their business down or yours? I am not saying it’s an equitable example. But we were founded on protest and giant f you to government overlords

And for many of these people it’s probably very equitable. The justice system has always given the wealthy preferential treatment. Poorer communities don’t get that break. And they in large part are minority communities.

Not my discussion but I will say it's possible to hold multiple thoughts in one's head at the same time. What happened to Floyd is tragic injustice. Violent protest that destroys the businesses of people who had nothing to do with it is also injustice. Ironically the latter distracts attention from the former.

I agree with your first sentence, and it's part of my point. It's possible to be angry about the riots without "forgetting about" or "getting distracted from" Floyd's murder, so the implication that America can only focus on one or the other isn't that persuasive to me.

Reactions: volinbham
And yet they were both similar in their rather dumb nature.

Sure, it's dumb to say that an "outrage" tends to hold someone's attention for longer than 30 seconds. A lot of America's "united outrage" was fake outrage, which should actually be easy for you to understand given your view of liberals in general

I don’t think these animals are going to abide by a curfew, only question now is what’s going to be done about it?

Sure, it's dumb to say that an "outrage" tends to hold someone's attention for longer than 30 seconds. A lot of America's "united outrage" was fake outrage, which should actually be easy for you to understand given your view of liberals in general
Lol... back to “ok”...

Other than the British,,,,who suffered a propetty loss from that event? People are seeing their hard earned investments, their entire ability to feed their families destroyed by these THUGS, scumbag savages.

I try to put myself in the shoes of those shop owners. If my business (farm) was threatened by something like that, I would probably use any means necessary including lethal force to stop them.

It's OK if they're British? Even if all the tea was owned by Brits (I doubt it was), it still disrupted commerce for American biz owners.

I have yet to see one person destroy their own property. If a neighbor burn your business down, did they burn their business down or yours? I am not saying it’s an equitable example. But we were founded on protest and giant f you to government overlords

And for many of these people it’s probably very equitable. The justice system has always given the wealthy preferential treatment. Poorer communities don’t get that break. And they in large part are minority communities.
What happened in 1773 does not justify rioting and looting as legitimate forms of protest.

Anyone using this tragedy to riot and loot is exhibiting fake outrage.

I finished watching the new Jeffrey Epstein documentary on Netflix last night. Does anyone think a poor black guy could have gotten away with that much sexual assault for 20 years?

Reactions: volfanhill
Would you follow an 8 pm curfew, cuck?

Do you ask the government when you can leave your house in the morning?
You sissy ass liberals let the government tell you all when you could and couldn’t go to work and you radical leftists done exactly that. Oh and that was over a phony virus not when people are burning businesses to the ground. We all know you approve this behavior because whitey bad, cops bad. Colin K great.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back