George Floyd Protest/Riots

The protests would have probably happened anyway but I suspect they are more amplified because of the lockdown people have been forced to live under.
Would have happened anyway but one thing that is different due to COVID-19, people who intend to steal or vandalize property can all wear masks without arousing any suspicion. That will make it harder to identify them later.

Reactions: oz615
Meh, this lets the audience off the hook. If Floyd’s murder isn’t enough for people to stay focused, that’s on them, rioters are just an excuse for that
Yeah sure that’s it. That makes perfect sense. America’s united outrage wasn’t real enough.

*rolls eyes* to pair up with the earlier golf clap.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Well, he led the charge in silencing the peaceful protesters of police brutality in the NFL. Are you really surprised that he is getting backlash?

People are allowed to disagree with a protest or how it's conducted. I disagreed with how Colin K. conducted his protest. I thought it disrespectful to kneel during the anthem. Last I looked, it was okay for me to protest his protest. If he did it away from the playing field, and not while he was at his job, I'd have zero problem supporting him, because I thought what he was protesting was legit. But I didn't like the way he did it. I'm allowed to feel that way. Just as I'm against burning the flag. The law may say it can be done but I don't have to agree with it, and I'm allowed to voice my displeasure.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Yeah sure that’s it. That makes perfect sense. America’s united outrage wasn’t real enough.

*rolls eyes* to pair up with the earlier golf clap.

Again, if your “outrage” is going from “wow, this is racist and awful” to “Look! A broken window!” within like a 3 hour span, it wasn’t outrage. America just likes hashtags

Again, if your “outrage” is going from “wow, this is racist and awful” to “Look! A broken window!” within like a 3 hour span, it wasn’t outrage. America just likes hashtags

Not my discussion but I will say it's possible to hold multiple thoughts in one's head at the same time. What happened to Floyd is tragic injustice. Violent protest that destroys the businesses of people who had nothing to do with it is also injustice. Ironically the latter distracts attention from the former.

Reactions: NurseGoodVol
Was that confusing? The blame for a collective loss of focus is on the people who are supposed to be focusing. Blaming the distraction is a copout.
The first thought that popped in my mind in reading your reply was it’s the Joe Biden equivalent “you’re not black” retort. So... ok...

Not my discussion but I will say it's possible to hold multiple thoughts in one's head at the same time. What happened to Floyd is tragic injustice. Violent protest that destroys the businesses of people who had nothing to do with it is also injustice. Ironically the latter distracts attention from the former.

squirrel-up-dog-gif.gif

We have since the Boston Tea Party haven’t we

Other than the British,,,,who suffered a propetty loss from that event? People are seeing their hard earned investments, their entire ability to feed their families destroyed by these THUGS, scumbag savages.

I try to put myself in the shoes of those shop owners. If my business (farm) was threatened by something like that, I would probably use any means necessary including lethal force to stop them.

VN Store

Back