George Floyd Protest/Riots

Its a way to condemn the properties and sell them off for redevelopment. Dem cities, Nashville is a perfect example have been trying to push out the minorities and poor for the last 20 years or more.
Are their laws written so badly to allow this? Here in Atlanta/GA there is a process and they cant require you go through extra hoops or fees. And I havent heard property taxes being included there.

Are their laws written so badly to allow this? Here in Atlanta/GA there is a process and they cant require you go through extra hoops or fees. And I havent heard property taxes being included there.

I have no idea about their laws but I've seen it in other places. It's presented as a bond in case you don't clear the property and the city ends up having to do it.

I have no idea about their laws but I've seen it in other places. It's presented as a bond in case you don't clear the property and the city ends up having to do it.
Hmm. Ok. I could see that happening here. Just not seen it tied directly to the permit process.

If theses riots, looting, and destruction continue in certain areas I can’t see how there would be a way for the businesses or insurance companies to make a buck.
Lawyers and insurance companies always find a way to make money, read the fine print.

Reactions: hog88
No doubt. My point is it may not be where these events have been taking place any longer.
I get it. But they will charge exhorbitant high fees, make money when the "fine print" gives them an out, such as: "failure of local jurisdiction to provide basic rights of protection of lives and property and advocation for such destructive actions" or some other legalese that creates an expensive loophole.

Like that never happens. . .

Reactions: hog88

VN Store

Back