George Floyd Protest/Riots

You;re not supposed to tase someone who is running or even standing because it could result in a head injury or death from a head injury. You certainly can't use a taser just because you're too slow to catch the person who is running away from you.
Depends on the department or agency as I understand it. Some allow you to use on fleeing suspects.

EavxJQRX0AIqZnE

Snowflakes are falling left and right.

No medical care is the only debatable point but even that is a show, it’s not like they could CPR those bullets out of his organs.

I’ll look at the video further before I comment but kicking could’ve been the officer shot with taser probe trying to get the wires from wrapped around him and the taser itself. You still feel electrical charges seconds after the deployment

I have no issue with him shooting a violent felon who just stole his weapon and was actively using it against the officer when he was shot. 100% TN vs Garner and textbook in every use of force general order in law enforcement.
Dumbass DA even cited the case.

Snowflakes are falling left and right.
There are posters in this site who I vehemently disagree with on some issues but still respect them. You sir are a fool, an imbecile. These aren't snowflakes, these are men and women who put on a vest leaving their kids and family at home knowing it could be that last time they see them. The vast majority are good people just doing their jobs. This was a clean shoot and the fact he is being charged with murder isn't justice, it's a farce born of political expediency.

Like I said most of these officers are good people, I wish I could say the same for you.

You;re not supposed to tase someone who is running or even standing because it could result in a head injury or death from a head injury. You certainly can't use a taser just because you're too slow to catch the person who is running away from you.
So firing his gun was the only way to stop someone who has proven to be a threat to the public (drunk driving) and a threat to the officers (punching, slamming, stealing and using taser against them)?

There are posters in this site who I vehemently disagree with on some issues but still respect them. You sir are a fool, an imbecile. These aren't snowflakes, these are men and women who put on a vest leaving their kids and family at home knowing it could be that last time they see them. The vast majority are good people just doing their jobs. This was a clean shoot and the fact he is being charged with murder isn't justice, it's a farce born of political expediency.

Like I said most of these officers are good people, I wish I could say the same for you.
If they were good people they wouldn't be throwing their support behind an accused murderer who just tainted the name of their entire department. They don't want to solve the problem, more than likely they're causing it. Good riddance.

I have no doubt the vast majority of LEO are good people. My issue in this case is it never should have got to the point it did. Brooks was not belligerent, wasted, and swerving all over the place. He was cordial, as were the police. Up until he was being handcuffed it was almost jovial.

Why the F just not let him call his sister who lived a few blocks away to come get him? I question how necessary it was to arrest him. A little empathy and mindset change would have helped.

Also, and I know there those that disagree, but at the point he is running away the officers have is license, pedigree information, and his car. They know where he lives and who he is. Instead of pulling a gun the option of arresting him later could have been considered.

At the end of the day, I don’t disagree with the shooting though. I certainly understand why they decided to shoot. I think these guys will be exonerated in the end. I just think it never needed to get to that point.

If they were good people they wouldn't be throwing their support behind an accused murderer who just tainted the name of their entire department. They don't want to solve the problem, more than likely they're causing it. Good riddance.
You're a fool, they guy fought and fired a weapon at officers. He was a violent moron and played a stupid game and lost. The fact that a moron voices support for another moron isn't surprising to me.

Last edited:
I have no doubt the vast majority of LEO are good people. My issue in this case is it never should have got to the point it did. Brooks was not belligerent, wasted, and swerving all over the place. He was cordial, as were the police. Up until he was being handcuffed it was almost jovial.

Why the F just not let him call his sister who lived a few blocks away to come get him? I question how necessary it was to arrest him. A little empathy and mindset change would have helped.

Also, and I know there those that disagree, but at the point he is running away the officers have is license, pedigree information, and his car. They know where he lives and who he is. Instead of pulling a gun the option of arresting him later could have been considered.

At the end of the day, I don’t disagree with the shooting though. I certainly understand why they decided to shoot. I think these guys will be exonerated in the end. I just think it never needed to get to that point.
He broke the law and got arrested. Arguing that he shouldnt have gotten arrested for actually breaking the law is not a good argument. A reasonable arrest, an unreasonable reaction and a reasonable shooting to stop it as he has proven himself to be dangerous to the public (driving drunk) and to the officers (punching, slamming, stealing and firing a taser at them). They should be acquitted and theyll get paid big money by Atlanta for their troubles.

He broke the law and got arrested. Arguing that he shouldnt have gotten arrested for actually breaking the law is not a good argument. A reasonable arrest, an unreasonable reaction and a reasonable shooting to stop it as he has proven himself to be dangerous to the public (driving drunk) and to the officers (punching, slamming, stealing and firing a taser at them). They should be acquitted and theyll get paid big money by Atlanta for their troubles.
Not only that the officers attorney stated he is not a states witness and the DA lied at the PC. Not surprising

It's very different than the typical perception. Even tho it wont be looked at that way.

Brooks wasnt targeted or persued for no reason. This wasnt a case of profiling. The cops recieved a call and they went. Upon arriving the cops acted appropriately as well did Brooks. Maybe he was still feeling good. The cops did what they should given the circumstances.

No different than a lot of other situations a lot of people will remain cool until the cuffs come out. At that point Brooks changed the situation by resisting arrest, swinging on one of the officers and grabbing the taser. I dont like the looks of the cop shooting anyone running even with the taser. Him shooting the taser changes my view some. Had he not looked back and never fired the taser at the officer and then got shot in the back, that's completely unnecessary and murder could very well fit. I just dont see it in this case.

Theres a lot of ifs in this story.
If Brooks had not been behind the wheel intoxicated...
If he had not resisted arrest....
If he had not taken a weapon and ran ..
If the cop had just stopped the pursuit and picked him up later...

Any of those ifs not happening result in Brooks still being alive. Brooks had control of that result all the way until the last if.

It's very different than the typical perception. Even tho it wont be looked at that way.

Brooks wasnt targeted or persued for no reason. This wasnt a case of profiling. The cops recieved a call and they went. Upon arriving the cops acted appropriately as well did Brooks. Maybe he was still feeling good. The cops did what they should given the circumstances.

No different than a lot of other situations a lot of people will remain cool until the cuffs come out. At that point Brooks changed the situation by resisting arrest, swinging on one of the officers and grabbing the taser. I dont like the looks of the cop shooting anyone running even with the taser. Him shooting the taser changes my view some. Had he not looked back and never fired the taser at the officer and then got shot in the back, that's completely unnecessary and murder could very well fit. I just dont see it in this case.

Any of those ifs not happening result in Brooks still being alive. Brooks had control of that result all the way until the last if.
This, I agree. It was close imo but turning and firing even while running away is ground for lethal force. Take that away from officers and they might as well not even carry a gun.

But you're victim blaming. Or at least that's what ive been told when pointing out facts

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

VN Store

Back