George Floyd Protest/Riots

Another gut check would to be to go volunteer at another schools after school program, or local one, where you arent known as someone's dad. PJ would be shocked with what all he might experience.
Like the after school program we volunteer at almost weekly with my church? We tutor, feed, etc for the kids from less fortunate neighborhoods. I've posted about that experience before and understand plenty

Like the after school program we volunteer at almost weekly with my church? We tutor, feed, etc for the kids from less fortunate neighborhoods. I've posted about that experience before and understand plenty
Sir, I give you two thumbs up for being proactive in your community! Most only complain but do nothing to improve their community.

Reactions: NurseGoodVol
Sir, I give you two thumbs up for being proactive in your community! Most only complain but do nothing to improve their community.
It's the only place to make a difference. Can't do anything really on a national level. I also realized I can't vote like I do and stand around doing nothing. My kids come with when they can and learn about their overall community. Easier to explain where they fit in life when we have examples

Reactions: tennvols77 and ETV
And you have never seen something that shocked you?

I got burnt out because I was an idealist almost daily shocked with reality not being anywhere close to the ideal.

And you have never seen something that shocked you?

I got burnt out because I was an idealist almost daily shocked with reality not being anywhere close to the ideal.
Yes but I also interact with other parents,/teachers/admin all the time and understand the difference between neighborhoods in our city. I also see the difference between new kids to the program and those who truly understand why they're there. It's enjoyable to see that change over time in kids

It's the only place to make a difference. Can't do anything really on a national level. I also realized I can't vote like I do and stand around doing nothing. My kids come with when they can and learn about their overall community. Easier to explain where they fit in life when we have examples

This is true. Last year I took my kid to a food delivery charity and went door to door handing out meals.

Lots of good discussion with him afterwards.

We almost never agree, but I applaud you for doing what less than 1% of the "Internet Philosophers" do, which is get off your butt and do something to make the world better.

Not gonna be a "Beer Summit", but men like you I can respect.

Go Vols.

"Protestor" shot by militia in Albuquerque while trying to pull down statue

Why would I leave? I live in a great place and make a great living in a low col area while an hour or so from both coasts. I have a place in TN on a lake if I ever feel the need to come back. Don't project your shortcomings on me
Wondered how long the I'm better than you post would take....

"Protestor" shot by militia in Albuquerque while trying to pull down statue
video of it is on Twitter. Man was trying to leave. He had gotten space between the crowd and himself. They attacked him, guy with skateboard. (Someone kept telling “I will kill you”, it’s what I heard) they go to ground. Then shots fired. Seems like self defense

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Drugs were omnipresent from middle school on ....all of them by highschool time. Yes...all of them.

If you have heard of it.....highschool kids are using it to get high. From nitrous balloons to keyboard cleaner, synthetic drugs from head shops that are even worse than illicit drugs like bath salts and salvia... kids will use absolutely ANYTHING to get high. They have no real concept of death.

Wake up guys...this was 20 years ago. I cannot even imagine what they use now

Edit: I was just mentioning some of the more obscure...weed,pills, coke, acid, shrooms etc were there of course.

Weed is much, much easier to get than alcohol as a teen. There were at least a dozen different kids in my HS that sold weed...plus older guys and adults. Now that it is legal...and there are so many new ways to use THC without a smell or smoke....I bet most of the kids are high at a public school every day. I mean that...

Drugs were omnipresent from middle school on ....all of them by highschool time. Yes...all of them.

If you have heard of it.....highschool kids are using it to get high. From nitrous balloons to keyboard cleaner, synthetic drugs from head shops that are even worse than illicit drugs like bath salts and salvia... kids will use absolutely ANYTHING to get high. They have no real concept of death.

Wake up guys...this was 20 years ago. I cannot even imagine what they use now

Edit: I was just mentioning some of the more obscure...weed,pills, coke, acid, shrooms etc were there of course.

Weed is much, much easier to get than alcohol as a teen. There were at least a dozen different kids in my HS that sold weed...plus older guys and adults. Now that it is legal...and there are so many new ways to use THC without a smell or smoke....I bet most of the kids are high at a public school every day. I mean that...

VN Store

Back