George Floyd Protest/Riots

In my county cops guard elementary schools and teachers are armed. It's pathetic that our county had gotten to that point

How do you not grasp that fact?
It's pathetic but what do you expect? Until people deal with drugs/mental illness and keep dangerous criminals off the street, bad sh*t happens

Don't blame anyone but yourself for where you live. There isn't some BLM meltdown in East Tennessee and as best as I can tell the law enforcement officers aren't cowing down to the victim crown.
What are you talking about now? There's no blm meltdown here either. Did you quote the wrong poster? Ramble on I guess

😂 ok Boomer keep being naive. Kids are really good at hiding things. Did you know they can hide pics in their calculator app and vape pins can be easily smuggled into schools and used in the bathrooms? Nudes are shared through Tik Tok and other “harmless” apps
Yeah I'm a boomer with a 1st and third grader. Keep convincing yourself that it's common for them to bring drugs to school and that yours is normal

It's pathetic but what do you expect? Until people deal with drugs/mental illness and keep dangerous criminals off the street, bad sh*t happens
maybe the police should drop the revenue collection racket and actually go after criminals and solve crimes with victims. Quit trying to intimidate and do your job

maybe the police should drop the revenue collection racket and actually go after criminals and solve crimes with victims. Quit trying to intimidate and do your job
Do you drive a BMW? I think they should be the exception because those owners drive like douche bags.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
Prescription drugs, pain killers, etc. are extremely common; cyber bullying and inappropriate images occur extremely frequently. Far too many parents live in a dream world
Drugs are not common in 2nd grade classrooms in decent communities. Sure they're are outliers but you're simply making stuff up now

Maybe you should homeschool until you move out of Florida?
Why would I leave? I live in a great place and make a great living in a low col area while an hour or so from both coasts. I have a place in TN on a lake if I ever feel the need to come back. Don't project your shortcomings on me

Drugs are not common in 2nd grade classrooms in decent communities. Sure they're are outliers but you're simply making stuff up now

You have no clue 😂 Are they popping them like candy in elementary schools? No, but they are there and are extremely common in middle and high schools whether you want to believe it or not

You have no clue 😂 Are they popping them like candy in elementary schools? No, but they are there and are extremely common in middle and high schools whether you want to believe it or not
yeah I know no teachers or admin all over our county. You're the only one who knows what's going on nationwide

I don't doubt middle or hs because they were there when I went and frankly always have been. They simply aren't common in 2nd grade like you claimed

Why would I leave? I live in a great place and make a great living in a low col area while an hour or so from both coasts. I have a place in TN on a lake if I ever feel the need to come back. Don't project your shortcomings on me
I wasn't the one bitching about cops patrolling my kids school.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
They do go after criminals....every day and are either called racist or arrest them and judges let them out after a couple of months to do it again

yeah I know no teachers or admin all over our county. You're the only one who knows what's going on nationwide

I don't doubt middle or hs because they were there when I went and frankly always have been. They simply aren't common in 2nd grade like you claimed

If it’s in North Georgia and North Alabama, it’s everywhere; that’s the point. If I taught in LA, New York, or Chicago you would have a point but I don’t.

I said it's ridiculous we've allowed this country to reach that point

Completely agree and it shouldn’t surprise anyone what’s occurring with these protests. They are a product of a society that has placed more emphasis on being disrespected than giving respect.

If it’s in North Georgia and North Alabama, it’s everywhere; that’s the point. If I taught in LA, New York, or Chicago you would have a point but I don’t.
I am younger than most on the board, for me it was around 4th grade when "naughty" became a common occurrence. I would say once a week in my small private school class of 50.

It was usually "hey check this out", and it was something they had snuck in from their parents or older sibling.

Not sure when it became common for use as I missed a lot of social cues back then.

Another gut check would to be to go volunteer at another schools after school program, or local one, where you arent known as someone's dad. PJ would be shocked with what all he might experience.

VN Store

Back