Gator fans smell like **** thread

Hmmm so Vols go 5-7 losing to instate rival Vandy by 25 points.... hmmm reminds me of someone we just played.

This thread title should change to: Jeremy Pruitt new Willie Taggert of the SEC.
Definitely not. I took My sh** sandwich and even congratulated you guys, but to compare those 2 situations is ridiculous. Pruitt still exceeded expectations in my book. If we would’ve won the gamecocks game(which we should’ve) we wouldn’t have so many people having miny heart attacks on here. We had a harder schedule then last year, a worse roster, and not making excuses, but Fl was expected to be a lot better this year. Tennessee wasn’t expected to win an SEC game, and we won 2 real big games. (one to a team y’all lost to) We’ll see what Pruitt does about the OC situation, but I’m still happy with him.

Like I said.
Time will tell.
I’m glad you like him and I honestly only ruin against you one week a year. And also as I’ve said many time I’m jealous of your university and their desire to win because mine doesn’t care. I think Mullen could win enough to keep the Tennessee job damn near forever. But........Florida is a little more hard nosed on the subject. If he doesn’t look like a regular championship contender by the end of year 3 he’ll be on the hot seat.
You root against the gators only one week a year but your a Vols fan... I’m confused here

What Mullen did at MSU was remarkable. People forget that MSU is one of the hardest jobs in the SEC and country. They even have one of the smallest football budgets in the SEC. He is going to lead UF back to elite status bc he is an elite coach imo. Miami and FSU being mediocre will only accelerate it.

If Foley wasn't so terrible of an AD he would have hired him in 2010 to replace Meyer instead of trash like the shark humper and Muschamp.

This first season could end up going 10-3. It is a big success.
Why does UT struggle so bad at coach hiring? I’ve seen Florida make lots of very good football hires through the years yet we still make one goofy hire after another... heck Florida’s two worst football hires over the past 12 years ( muschamp and shark humper) would be instant upgrades over anyone we’ve hired since Fulmer. Depressing.

You root against the gators only one week a year but your a Vols fan... I’m confused here
I’m a 4th generation Tennessee graduate. My grandfather is a national championship Vol.
I’m a Vol first then an SEC east homer. (I prefer Florida to Georgia because I have family property in the state and many Florida fan friends) then I’m an SEC homer. I’ll even pull for Bama, who I ****ing hate, over non conference opponents.

I want to beat Florida but I want that to be their only loss as I prefer to beat the best at their best.

Vandy is celebrating a victory that just doesn’t mean much right now. That’s not how I roll

Savvy?

I’m a 4th generation Tennessee graduate. My grandfather is a national championship Vol.
I’m a Vol first then an SEC east homer. (I prefer Florida to Georgia because I have family property in the state and many Florida fan friends) then I’m an SEC homer. I’ll even pull for Bama, who I ****ing hate, over non conference opponents.

I want to beat Florida but I want that to be their only loss as I prefer to beat the best at their best.

Vandy is celebrating a victory that just doesn’t mean much right now. That’s not how I roll

Savvy?

Since the very start Slice, I think you have stated that Mullen always manages to lose 3-4 games.

Once again, that seems to be the case.

Definitely not. I took My sh** sandwich and even congratulated you guys, but to compare those 2 situations is ridiculous. Pruitt still exceeded expectations in my book. If we would’ve won the gamecocks game(which we should’ve) we wouldn’t have so many people having miny heart attacks on here. We had a harder schedule then last year, a worse roster, and not making excuses, but Fl was expected to be a lot better this year. Tennessee wasn’t expected to win an SEC game, and we won 2 real big games. (one to a team y’all lost to) We’ll see what Pruitt does about the OC situation, but I’m still happy with him.

See, I would not argue much with those points, because they are valid and I have made them in other threads too. The problem is that when you make a stupid claim like you did with the title of this thread, it negates any logic you could have later on. How about you stop making those stupid statements based on just pure hate to UF and stick to what you know something about? If you said Jim McElwain was worse than Butch Jones last year, I would totally agree with you. But to start this dumb thread with zero evidence, about a coach that was hired by your rival, just out of pure hate and no logic. Really? UT dodged a bullet because Mullen did not punish a kid who was acting within his second amendment rights? SMH.

Reactions: Jaws and 508mikey
See, I would not argue much with those points, because they are valid and I have made them in other threads too. The problem is that when you make a stupid claim like you did with the title of this thread, it negates any logic you could have later on. How about you stop making those stupid statements based on just pure hate to UF and stick to what you know something about? If you said Jim McElwain was worse than Butch Jones last year, I would totally agree with you. But to start this dumb thread with zero evidence, about a coach that was hired by your rival, just out of pure hate and no logic. Really? UT dodged a bullet because Mullen did not punish a kid who was acting within his second amendment rights? SMH.
Don’t know what your staying on the last part. Also, when I made that thread I was comparing personality traits, I even said Mullen did very well at MSU. I just said he was goofy, weird, and that prolly wouldn’t result in good recruiting and championships.

Don’t know what your staying on the last part. Also, when I made that thread I was comparing personality traits, I even said Mullen did very well at MSU. I just said he was goofy, weird, and that prolly wouldn’t result in good recruiting and championships.

Wow. Have you even read the article you linked in your OP?

That’s that guys opinion. Yes, I posted it, then stated my opinion. I never Once said Mullen couldn’t coach.

No you clearly don't get it. You seem not to know what I am talking about how Mullen did not punish Kaderius Toney much for being caught with an rifle in his car (which is legal), because of Mullen's so called "no gun" policy. That is the ENTIRE reason the author called Mullen the new Butch Jones, which you happily parroted.

Again I repeat, have you read the article you posted in your original post?

No you clearly don't get it. You seem not to know what I am talking about how Mullen did not punish Kaderius Toney much for being caught with an rifle in his car (which is legal), because of Mullen's so called "no gun" policy. That is the ENTIRE reason the author called Mullen the new Butch Jones, which you happily parroted.

Again I repeat, have you read the article you posted in your original post?
So... that wasn’t my whole point, Butch also let a lot of his players get away with things. That’s just part of the similarities. I believe there personality is very similar too. This is the first season and your awfully big headed. Wait till you do something of significance before you get that way. If y’all had UT’s schedule this year you wouldn’t be in a New Years bowl, let’s just say that..

So... that wasn’t my whole point, Butch also let a lot of his players get away with things. That’s just part of the similarities. I believe there personality is very similar too. This is the first season and your awfully big headed. Wait till you do something of significance before you get that way. If y’all had UT’s schedule this year you wouldn’t be in a New Years bowl, let’s just say that..

Big headed? Not really. We see our program going in the right direction. Mullen has a lot to prove yet, but this season is as good as he could have done, and very similar to Meyer's first 2005 season. Could it all go the wrong way in the next few years? Sure anything can happen in college football. You could claim that McElwain had a good first season, and Chump had an 11-1 season. People who paid attention knew it was fool's gold. No improvement on offense, losing to ranked team almost constantly, and winning against cup cakes close instead of demolishing them the way we should. Winning a crappy SEC east.

But right now, UF reclaimed the state of Florida, and hopefully will start reclaiming the recruiting of top Florida kids. Getting Florida talent, and good coaching is a very good recipe for a championship team. He has a lot to do in the talent recruiting department, but beating FSU will go a long way. Hopefully we start next season with a win against Miami too.

On the other hand, if your precious Pruitt had 9 wins in his first season, with UT ranked in the top 10, heading to a NY6 bowl, beating 2/3 rivals, you'd be claiming he is the next Nick Saban.

Last edited:
Damn I didn’t even realize it til I saw it Franks is the first to start every game of the yr since Tebow that’s crazy

Happy for Franks kid worked hard got better and had a solid year

Franks had a bad 2-game stretch against UGA and Missouri. Outside of that, he’s had an excellent year. He looked fantastic against FSU and for one of the rare times in his career, he actually appeared to be THE REASON we were winning, versus just managing and trying not to screw up. I’m very pleased with Mullen and Franks at this point and I’m actually looking forward to Franks’ continued development next year. I love Emory Jones’ potential, but I’m not one of those Gator fans who just assumes he takes over as the starter next year. Franks was throwing absolute darts against FSU. He’ll be the man again next year, in my opinion.

Reactions: Gatornator
Mullen is twice the coach Butch ever was. Would of been a good hire here. I'll admit i was a little lukewarm on it , but he's solid.

Reactions: Jaws
Franks had a bad 2-game stretch against UGA and Missouri. Outside of that, he’s had an excellent year. He looked fantastic against FSU and for one of the rare times in his career, he actually appeared to be THE REASON we were winning, versus just managing and trying not to screw up. I’m very pleased with Mullen and Franks at this point and I’m actually looking forward to Franks’ continued development next year. I love Emory Jones’ potential, but I’m not one of those Gator fans who just assumes he takes over as the starter next year. Franks was throwing absolute darts against FSU. He’ll be the man again next year, in my opinion.

I think you're right. The good news is our QB depth chart will be far better than it has been in a long time. EJ should be in much better position to compete, and Trask is unlikely to go anywhere. JJ will probably RS next year and do what EJ did this year and play in 4 games. So if Franks regresses significantly we have other great players to compete for starting position, not a distant second.

Reactions: Gatorsec and Jaws

VN Store

Back