Gary Danielson

Gary is smart, but he is a front runner. If your team is ahead, he is okay to listen to. If your team is struggling, he will send you over the edge. Usually, Vols have struggled on game of the week, hence the distaste I have developed for him. I had to switch to Kessling in the first half and never went back.

Gary sees a lot of things most don’t. I think he’s pretty sharp
Yeah he sees ways the other team can exploit mistakes by Tennessee that haven’t been exploited yet and makes it a point to show it on tv everytime. Also, didn’t give credit for the long plays we had and just said Florida gave us those when really our scheme creates those opportunities.

Reactions: chuck0303
Gary is smart, but he is a front runner. If your team is ahead, he is okay to listen to. If your team is struggling, he will send you over the edge. Usually, Vols have struggled on game of the week, hence the distaste I have developed for him. I had to switch to Kessling in the first half and never went back.
Just literally the worst commentator of all time in the history of sports ...

Early in the game, the first comment I remember of his was when he said "this is a well oiled passing machine". It was right after a crisp short pass to Hyatt. Of course he was talking about UT, so maybe this is the wrong thread for that... I'll see myself out.

Early in the game, the first comment I remember of his was when he said "this is a well oiled passing machine". It was right after a crisp short pass to Hyatt. Of course he was talking about UT, so maybe this is the wrong thread for that... I'll see myself out.

He was clearly impressed with our offense . He did make it equally obvious he still has a love affair for Florida. I guess old flames die hard.

He was clearly impressed with our offense . He did make it equally obvious he still has a love affair for Florida. I guess old flames die hard.
The Florida that won two SEC titles & a National Title with a Heisman winner that leads the SEC in touchdowns...? Why ever could that be?

My honest impression was that we rarely had played good enough to have given him this much good to say about us in a long time, if ever.

We have one hell of a fan base. In a good way, and sometimes in a bad way. GoVols.

I enjoyed listening to Kesling today. I thought he called a good game. I do miss Tim Priest, he was sometimes hilarious, and his replacement is a bit slower, both in his way of speaking and his thought processes. But Kesling was good today.

I never listen to the TV when we're on CBS any more. Have learned to put the radio on, sync them up, and enjoy the game that way.
I do the exact same thing. Bob was excellent. Pat did better during game too.

Not sure either, but I am sure he’s currently clutching his picture of Tebow he carry’s in his wallet while wiping his tears away.
Lol, at the end of the broadcast, he begrudgingly said...and Im fairly certain he cleared his throat 'Tennessee has the better squad.' He was saying it outloud to himself, like a self help statement. 'It's ok Gary, they're the better team.'

No ****.

Lol, at the end of the broadcast, he begrudgingly said...and Im fairly certain he cleared his throat 'Tennessee has the better squad.' He was saying it outloud to himself, like a self help statement. 'It's ok Gary, they're the better team.'

No ****.
If Tennessee beats Alabama he'll probably jump out of the broadcasting booth

Ok, I gotta rant, I am a homer! But damn they shouldn’t let two guys calling a Tennessee game that dislike Tennessee so much! Not fair to the Tennessee fan base. Took away from my enjoyment immensly. And I can’t get other broadcasts where I live. Consistently saying things like 16-1, all the negative stuff they could about we suck, genuinely happy when Florida did well and pointed out how Florida let it happen when we did well. They were biased as hell and it was clear. Consistently pointing out positives for UF and negatives for UT in a subtle sort of way. With just enough plattitudes to make it look like unbiased. You know if you point out little negatives for ome team point them out for both. Damn they are disgusting in their trying to always share negatives about Tennessee! I don’t know why they dislike Tennessee and I don’t care - hope CBS mever carries another Tennessee game, hope they only carry Big 10 games in the future. Would make my day!!

Ok, I gotta rant, I am a homer! But damn they shouldn’t let two guys calling a Tennessee game that dislike Tennessee so much! Not fair to the Tennessee fan base. Took away from my enjoyment immensly. And I can’t get other broadcasts where I live. Consistently saying things like 16-1, all the negative stuff they could about we suck, genuinely happy when Florida did well and pointed out how Florida let it happen when we did well. They were biased as hell and it was clear. Consistently pointing out positives for UF and negatives for UT in a subtle sort of way. With just enough plattitudes to make it look like unbiased. You know if you point out little negatives for ome team point them out for both. Damn they are disgusting in their trying to always share negatives about Tennessee! I don’t know why they dislike Tennessee and I don’t care - hope CBS mever carries another Tennessee game, hope they only carry Big 10 games in the future. Would make my day!!
Tennessee gave any commentator plenty of mistakes to point out.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol

VN Store

Back