Gary Danielson

Sorry Gary, I didn't know you were a member. LMAO Cartervol got in my way.

Kesling is awful. I'd rather listen to Helen Keller try and call the game than his bumbling mess. Can't wait for him to go
I enjoyed listening to Kesling today. I thought he called a good game. I do miss Tim Priest, he was sometimes hilarious, and his replacement is a bit slower, both in his way of speaking and his thought processes. But Kesling was good today.

I never listen to the TV when we're on CBS any more. Have learned to put the radio on, sync them up, and enjoy the game that way.

Someone really does need to pull Gary aside and tell him that wearing one teams colors while he's announcing a game is very, very poor optics at best
Kind of like the announcer talking about Akron's QB entering the portal and going to the SEC or some other conference... during the game? I thought that was seriously douchy.

He was actually wearing an orange, white and blue striped tie. Both teams colors.

I hate him as much as anyone, but I'm starting to lean in on the idea of medias bias from CBS. Easily, the Florida market outnumbers that of Tennessee, and that means more add revenue. Was the same thing in '98 until the last clock hit 0.

Tennessee was scoring a TD and Gary was still grumbling about a Florida broken defensive play from two plays ago. Like, it wasn’t that Tennessee did anything great… it was how annoyed he was that Florida could let Tennessee do that. I had a headache and just muted it. At the very end, he was saying how Tennessee was 4-0 and Florida was 2-2, how sad he sounded. I thought, whoa there this game ain’t over.

His complimented us as much as the Gators. What is the problem?
His complimented us as much as the Gators. What is the problem?
No he did not. He was pulling for Florida the whole game. Never pointed out Florida holding on nearly every play. I don't think they got called once for offensive holding. On the other hand they made us score twice. The difference between this team and past teams is they just scored on the next play instead of getting mad and quitting. Kind of like in your face! So they took 2 scores off the board and we scored on the next play..lol!

I say that Danielson should have at least been suspended if not fired after the Chamberlain Smith incident during the 2019 Georgia-Auburn game. For those who don't remember Chamberlain was a sideline photographer that got hit by a player running out of bounds and knocked unconscious and wasn't moving. Everyone in the stadium was watching in stunned silence as medical attended to her, realizing that it was a serious and scary situation unfolding. Danielson however made a joke about it and laughed at said joke and made several other inappropriate comments. Then after play resumed he threw in one more smart aleck remark.

Yes he apologized but it was the next week after he took a beating on social media and honestly his apology felt more of a case of doing it to shut everyone up so he can save face.

I have a question, what was the preview about CBS airing BIG 10 games?

During the summer the Big 10 made a new media deal with FOX, NBC, and CBS that starts next year. I don't know how it is going to work next year but beginning in 2024 the BIG 10 is getting the 3:30 game on CBS slot.

VN Store

Back