Game Thread: Tennessee Lady Vols (12-6, 5-1) @ Ole Miss (14-5, 4-2) ESPN 3:00PM EST 01-28-2024.

Another l.......She's been up there for 5 years and not 1 reg season championship or tournament chanmpionship but yet Holly Warlick produced 2 reg seasnon titles plus a tourney title in 7 years and got fired.....and with a better win percentage overrall...72%...Time to pass the baton to another former lady vol with maybe like Tamika Catchings or Candence Parker....

What truth? That people with no investment or real awareness of the team love to stop by here and take a steaming dump on everything -- and then leave?

No, not particularly, but it is fascinating to watch how much people get pleasure out of doing their little drive-by's. "They suck!" Thanks for the news flash, sports. All the teams get their share, but something about tuning in to this team's mediocrity really fires people up.
Most UT fans don't give a crap about LV basketball. Doubt there are that many drive-bys. This thread has 18 pages... Men's game has nearly 50.

People are just fed up with mediocrity; any die hard fan should be too. If you think that was an acceptable performance, you're delusional.

Jasmine had a terrible game. She made a lot of bad decisions. And Rickea was a non-factor. She let the refs get in her head some I think.

I hate playing teams whose style is to foul as much as they can get away with and dare the refs to call it. It is bad for the game and it becomes a contest of which coach the refs like better. We would not be able to get away with playing that style.

All that aside, we had plenty of chances to win and couldn't seal the deal. We are what our record says we are and will struggle against any halfway decent team on the road.

At some point a coach has to work the refs,,and if that doesn't change things,,she the coach has to WORK the refs!

Yes sometimes you credit the other team. They were preseason top 25 and finally playing really well. Tough hard game that official swallowed whistle on our inside shots . In CHRIST Alone
It wasn't an upset they were a couple of points favorite today. We could've won they made more plays than we did. Thought they got a little help on a non charge call and arm hacking.

I just don’t want to have to give up the tournament streak in order to get a change.
I don't see us beating SC or LSU, but what if we won the rest? I want change but I don't want us to lose our great Lady VOLS tournament streak. Sad over what has become of the program.

Reactions: ATLVOLFAN01
What truth? That people with no investment or real awareness of the team love to stop by here and take a steaming dump on everything -- and then leave?

No, not particularly, but it is fascinating to watch how much people get pleasure out of doing their little drive-by's. "They suck!" Thanks for the news flash, sports. All the teams get their share, but something about tuning in to this team's mediocrity really fires people up.
Not sure that’s accurate as they stopped by right after a loss, seems like investment . Seems they are aware…majority of the fans don’t know this board exist.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lurker
Most UT fans don't give a crap about LV basketball. Doubt there are that many drive-bys. This thread has 18 pages... Men's game has nearly 50.

People are just fed up with mediocrity; any dire hard fan should be too. If you think that was an acceptable performance, you're delusional.
This is the stupidest statement i’ve seen. Real Tennessee fans love lady vol basketball. The fans who only hop on a sport when the team is doing good is who doesn’t. Ofc the men’s had a bigger fan base that is 99% of colleges out there but to say most fans don’t care is complete bs. You simply don’t have to post on a LADY VOL forum if u aren’t a fan.

I’m just going to say it, only Spear needs to be on this roster next season. We need to bring in a whole new roster.

It's not a privilege to wear the LV jersey anymore. Looks like these players take that for granted.
They don't take it for granted..... Many of them honestly just shouldn't be wearing one.... Plain and simple. We aren't recruiting well enough to bear the Tennessee standard...... Until that changes we are just another team that makes the tournament with no shot to compete.

If attendance drops significantly and concession sales also drop, that is the only way that Harper gets fired at the end of this season.
Roughly 7K or less fans at most games…concessions is taking a hit regardless.

Got Buzz fired and she’s our Buzz Peterson

Reactions: Volfan1000
They don't take it for granted..... Many of them honestly just shouldn't be wearing one.... Plain and simple. We aren't recruiting well enough to bear the Tennessee standard...... Until that changes we are just another team that makes the tournament with no shot to compete.
She’s just picking the wrong players, I think she realizes it now but it’s too late, next season we have a couple of athletic players coming in, but we will lack the elite star since Rickea will be gone that’s unless we get one in the portal.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Another l.......She's been up there for 5 years and not 1 reg season championship or tournament chanmpionship but yet Holly Warlick produced 2 reg seasnon titles plus a tourney title in 7 years and got fired.....and with a better win percentage overrall...72%...Time to pass the baton to another former lady vol with maybe like Tamika Catchings or Candence Parker....
As much as it pains me to say it I think we need to forget about coaching trees and hire the best candidate possible.

VN Store

Back