Game Thread: Tennessee (14-8, 7-3 SEC) versus Arkansas (17-8, 5-5 SEC) @ Food City Center, 7:00PM (EST), televised by SEC Network

I can't really say the defense was that great either. How many open looks does Arkansas need to make a basket. Hopefully they keep up that 27 percent shooting in the second half of the game. We did win the boards as I expected by a large margin.

Nice quarter for Lady Vols, RJ proving all you NegaVols wrong.

Those slobbering over Dawn Staley and S.C. are wrong .

8 Championships are more than 2, Fear the Spearinconsis

Peace out
Mic Drop
Go Big Orange 🍊
They usually put together a pretty good quarter every game. The problem, they go from very good to to terrible so quickly. I have been a Lady Vol fan since Pat first Came to Tennessee. I have never seen a Tennessee Ladies basketball team be so inconsistent.

Well, we are winning but I don’t honestly feel like we are playing any better than we have all season. Arkansas could not hit the broadside of a barn in that half or it would be a nip/tuck game as usual.

They got a ton of open shots they just couldn’t make any one of them.

They have no answer for Kea so that’s helpful, any team that comes with a decent game plan on her beats us. Just have to make her inefficient and we are done.

Darby cannot defend on the perimeter. I’m not sure who keeps trying that, but it’s just not going to happen and it kills us. She causes fouls for other players, gives up easy scores and cannot stop dribble penetration.

If she’s going to have to play more than 3 minutes at a time I think we have to go to a zone. I wish we had a 3-2 matchup zone to throw in against teams when we go with Darby, Puckett, Striplin out there. They have the length and IQ to run that well, but they cannot guard another SEC team on the perimeter.

That quarter 5 for 15 and a lot of turnovers. After a fantastic first quarter really not very good. Still Arkansas was worse as we won the second quarter by 2 points.

Same as always just more Jekyll and Hyde play.

Arkansas tends to be a second half team. The way they get the ball up they can erase a large deficit in a hurry if they start going in. We are fortunate they were so cold in the second quarter or it would be an even game.

Well, we are winning but I don’t honestly feel like we are playing any better than we have all season. Arkansas could not hit the broadside of a barn in that half or it would be a nip/tuck game as usual.

They have no answer for Kea so that’s helpful, any team that comes with a decent game plan on her beats us. Just have to make her inefficient and we are done.

Darby cannot defend on the perimeter. I’m not sure who keeps trying that, but it’s just not going to happen and it kills us. She causes fouls for other players, gives up easy scores and cannot stop dribble penetration.

If she’s going to have to play more than 3 minutes at a time I think we have to go to a zone. I wish we had a 3-2 matchup zone to throw in against teams when we go with Darby, Puckett, Striplin out there. They have the length and IQ to run that well, but they cannot guard another SEC team on the perimeter.
Our offense should be OK , but the defense would suffer.

Not much for Striplin in the game thus far. Wish we had another perimeter backup when Puckett gets in foul trouble.

Certainly hope we can play well in the third quarter make this a over 20 point lead so the fourth quarter doesn't have to be drama again.

Not much for Striplin in the game thus far. Wish we had another perimeter backup when Puckett gets in foul trouble.

Yeah recruiting woes on full display. Outside of our starting 5 we don’t have anywhere to go.

So if anyone is in foul trouble or having an off night it’s a huge gamble. You have to hope Tess scores more on 3s than she gives up on defense, hope Jill has entered the building or hope Kaiya is on target and under control.

Striplin is a talented kid but she just can’t compete against SEC level competition in the post. Her best games are always against mid-majors. Maybe she’ll come alive in the tournament but I just don’t see her contributing much.

Reactions: Volstylexx

VN Store

Back