Game thread: NCAA Second Round: No. 6 Seed Lady Vols vs. No. 3 Seed NC State

Where to find one. The centers in there are about the same as her. The freshman has potential if we could get her. We need someone that can come in and not let the level of play go down. It went way down with Jill in the game today.
Let’s wait and see as these teams start losing, u never know who might enter, once that happens we can see who to go after.

Rae Burrell, Jordon Houston, Rennia Davis, Kasi K, Tamari Key prior to medical setback, Karo Striplin. Are you kidding me? They have all improved season over season. Three of the mentioned were 1st round WNBA draft picks. Kasi who originally looked to have no upside is still playing pro overseas. Rae Burrell was ranked 47 coming into college looked like a bull in a China shop under Holly and hardly saw the floor as a freshman was picked 9th in the draft. How quickly people forget or you just don't really follow this program closely.
Negative

I hope I’m wrong, but State plays dirty. Their coach will have an axe to grind because of the coaching thing years ago and he’ll be wanting to make a statement. Wouldn’t surprise me if they take some cheap shots
Heh. We play in the SEC - everybody has an axe to grind. As in "We stand on business, Josh!" That one still breaks me up - wtf??

Nico and UT will roll but we won't dance and act the the fool about it.

I don’t think we are very attractive to top portal players this season. They all watched the same season we did. We didn’t look very well coached, engaged or like we were having fun a lot of the season.

We lost in the second round, didn’t host and barely eclipsed 20 wins. Not exactly a program I’d be dying to dive into if I want to win.

The ONLY thing we have going for us is that we have developed a top WNBA pick several seasons in a row. So I could see someone coming who has W dreams but needs that extra push. Players who already have it like Jackson? I’m not sure they’ll be picking up the phone for Kellie this off season.

Give money to Lady Vol NIL or shut up, Buy the team you want.

I donated $1,000 every year for 4 years and stopped this year. I’m done with the Harpers. Until we can compete for an SEC title and have fewer than 8 losses my money is better spent elsewhere. She had plenty of talent on this team and wasted it.

I don’t think we are very attractive to top portal players this season. They all watched the same season we did. We didn’t look very well coached, engaged or like we were having fun a lot of the season.

We lost in the second round, didn’t host and barely eclipsed 20 wins. Not exactly a program I’d be dying to dive into if I want to win.

The ONLY thing we have going for us is that we have developed a top WNBA pick several seasons in a row. So I could see someone coming who has W dreams but needs that extra push. Players who already have it like Jackson? I’m not sure they’ll be picking up the phone for Kellie this off season.
I hate to agree here but if you are a top talent in the portal, do you go to a program that is in the mix or for money or for development? Ideally, you’d find a place that is going to give you all three. We’ve seen players like HVL go to a program in the mix and money and regress, whereas it looks like Rickea has improved here. I think a lot of players unfortunately are in situations where making the money and winning now is worth more than potentially getting better and waiting for a payday and winning.

Reactions: VolBall09
The powder blue thing crossed my mind pregame. I wonder who made that decision…
Never cared for that pretend Carolina in powder blue. That bunch claims to be the real one although their first Capital was Charleston. Back then that part of the Province we called the back country. It still is.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Rae Burrell, Jordon Houston, Rennia Davis, Kasi K, Tamari Key prior to medical setback, Karo Striplin. Are you kidding me? They have all improved season over season. Three of the mentioned were 1st round WNBA draft picks. Kasi who originally looked to have no upside is still playing pro overseas. Rae Burrell was ranked 47 coming into college looked like a bull in a China shop under Holly and hardly saw the floor as a freshman was picked 9th in the draft. How quickly people forget or you just don't really follow this program closely.
Rennia was already a problem before Kellie got here. Jordan had a personal shooting and workout coach working with her on her game. Kasi couldn’t get any burn and was relegated to the bench and didn’t really see significant time. Karo, really? That gir has been getting cooked by anybody thats not a short white girl.

Like this staff really sucked the life out Jewel. That girl was fighting for her life this season.

I do have to wonder that if we’ve had four first rounders and all these players getting better, then where are the better team results? If we can improve players and have all that WNBA talent, then where is the breakdown in the program not moving forward?
no structured offense and Individual skills/development of the role players
We go to the bench and it is curtains most of the time

we need to have a true 6th man, and at least two bench players who bring a set of skills the starters may not have,,,,i.e.....A defensive stopper, a true gunner, mobility, etc

Never cared for that pretend Carolina in powder blue. That bunch claims to be the real one although their first Capital was Charleston. Back then that part of the Province we called the back country. It still is.
No, it’s actually more developed than the low country, far from back country. But I digress. Charleston and Greenville are better than anything in NC still however. As for coastal regions, Pawleys Island, Beaufort, Hilton Head, Murrells Inlet, Foley Beach, Charleston, Isle of Palms etc are miles ahead of the NC coast as well.

Reactions: Bret178
You both are. We’re all just upset that the Lady Vols are in this shape. It would be different if CKH could recruit or had a top 3 class coming in. The light is not on at the end of the tunnel. If a change is not made, we have not even come close to seeing how bad it will be next year at this time. In reality there is only a handful of teams that come close to winning the National Championship in the girls game. We are not even in the top 25 women’s program as we speak. Awful to say, but we we are looking up at most programs now.
Good post thanks

Reactions: Lurker
no structured offense and Individual skills/development of the role players
We go to the bench and it is curtains most of the time

we need to have a true 6th man, and at least two bench players who bring a set of skills the starters may not have,,,,i.e.....A defensive stopper, a true gunner, mobility, etc
So system, recruiting, lack of defined roles?

VN Store

Back