Game Thread: LADY VOLS VS. VANDERBILT

They should hire Andy Landers....He would stick his foot up their asses...And that's what some of the players need(Besides a Head Coach). when Andy was on the sidelines he always gave off the vibe of being a mean angry man. I couldn't stand his ass....But listening to him as an analyst made me realize that the emotion he showed on the sideline was just his passion for the game....Andy holds his players accountable.
Holly was always the "good cop" to Pat. Trouble is she is still the "good cop". When Pat would grab them by the jersey and got in their face it got their attention.

They should hire Andy Landers....He would stick his foot up their asses...And that's what some of the players need(Besides a Head Coach). when Andy was on the sidelines he always gave off the vibe of being a mean angry man. I couldn't stand his ass....But listening to him as an analyst made me realize that the emotion he showed on the sideline was just his passion for the game....Andy holds his players accountable.
After several years of underachieving, his team did not make the ncaa tournament. They received a WNIT invitation. He declined and resigned.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
After several years of underachieving, his team did not make the ncaa tournament. They received a WNIT invitation. He declined and resigned.

Context.....Lander IMO had just as much success as Warlick despite having less talent. Warlick was/is able to land top recruits based on the Tennesee brand. Landers wasn't able to land the top recruits later in his career because Georgia wasn't as sexy as UConn,Notre Dame etc..Just see Maya Moore

Andy Landers last 6 seasons:

2010: 25-9/ 9-7/ sweet 16
2011: 23-11/ 10-6/ sweet 16
2012: 22-9/ 11-5/ 1st rd
2013: 28-7/ 11-4/ Elite Eight
2014: 20-12/ 7-9/ 1st rd
2015: 19-12/ 6-10

Not great, But not bad when you consider he wasn't landing the top tier recruits.

Now of course, Landers wouldn't be my first pick as HC. In fact, he's not in my top 10...but anything is better than Warlick.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
The team certainly deserves to be there but with a ciach like Holly they arent.

I’ll admit that I haven’t watched every minute of Lady Vol Basketball this year, probably less than I ever have. I’m truly apathetic, which is hard to believe. But what I’ve witnessed is lazy defense and zero hustle. The only reason they rank so highly in rebounding is because they can’t hit a bull in the a$$ with a bass fiddle on the offensive end. Offense can be put on a coach. Not stopping the ball on defense and not hustling after 50/50 balls is on the players. So in my opinion, neither belong nor deserve to be in the tournament. Lucky for them it’s the women’s game and everybody below the top 5-10 are terrible so they may squeak in. But they’ll be embarrassed in the first round if so.

I’ll admit that I haven’t watched every minute of Lady Vol Basketball this year, probably less than I ever have. I’m truly apathetic, which is hard to believe. But what I’ve witnessed is lazy defense and zero hustle. The only reason they rank so highly in rebounding is because they can’t hit a bull in the a$$ with a bass fiddle on the offensive end. Offense can be put on a coach. Not stopping the ball on defense and not hustling after 50/50 balls is on the players. So in my opinion, neither belong nor deserve to be in the tournament. Lucky for them it’s the women’s game and everybody below the top 5-10 are terrible so they may squeak in. But they’ll be embarrassed in the first round if so.

Holly?

Reactions: feathersax

Lol. Definitely not Holly. She should have been long gone by now. My post was in reference to the quoted post that this team “deserves” to be in the tournament. Why? Because of the name on the front of their jersey? These players have shown no heart/hustle all year. Which is reflected in their record. The worst record in Lady Vols history. Going for a losing record in conference. Losing to BAD teams and getting spanked by good ones at home and on the road. Other than the name, what says that this team “deserves” to be in the NCAA tournament? Yes a lot of that falls on horrible coaching but the two things I mentioned above have to do with the want to of each player on the floor and some of them have none. Doesn’t matter how many stars they have if they don’t get after it from tip to the final buzzer. Sub .500 in the league, they shouldnt make it to the tournament. They may because of the name recognition and because women’s basketball is so top heavy. But do the “deserve” to? Heck no.

Tennessee has fallen out of the ESPN NCAA Tournament Women's Bracketology:rolleyes:

Tennessee falls out of espnW's bracketology projection
tenor.gif

VN Store

Back