Game Thread: LADY VOLS VS. VANDERBILT

They only had to burn me a few times before I stopped making predictions. They are waaaaaaaaaay to Jekyll & Hyde for that. Over the last 3 years I have learned that ANYTHING is possible in a LV game. Literally anything. Fascinating is the only way to describe it. Unfortunately, they can be fascinating in a good way or in a bad way.

Wait a second I just realized something does this mean they will for sure have a losing SEC record? They only have 1 game left right or is it 2?
Yep first time with a losing record in the SEC. Breaking records that's what we're known for

I'm not a Holly hater. I wished like hell that she was up to the task. Clearly she is not. I give her credit for stepping into an impossible situation. It just didn't work out. Nothing convinced me of this more than a recent quote from a player who said, "Personally, I want to make it to the tournament." When making it to the tournament is your goal, you have ceased to be Tennessee Lady Vol basketball. And we have.

Watching Holly stand on the sideline with her hands on her hips and a stupid look on her face, ZERO coaching when down single digits with less than two minutes on the clock is embarrassing. This team doesn’t deserve to be in the tournament.
The team certainly deserves to be there but with a ciach like Holly they arent.

Give it a few mins and those "well, we're a young team and this and that" posts will start appearing. Why they cant accept the fact that we are GOD AWFUL, I will never know. HOWEVER, on a positive note, congratulations to Holly on one hell of a record breaking season :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:......if anyone deserves the recognition they are getting, its definitely her! Pat is WAY PAST the point of rolling over in her grave at this point!

Give it a few mins and those "well, we're a young team and this and that" posts will start appearing. Why they cant accept the fact that we are GOD AWFUL, I will never know. HOWEVER, on a positive note, congratulations to Holly on one hell of a record breaking season :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:......if anyone deserves the recognition they are getting, its definitely her! Pat is WAY PAST the point of rolling over in her grave at this point!

I really don't think that's the case. I get the feeling this was the door slamming shut on all of this. And I certainly don't think anyone is going to pump this up now. All that remains now is to see how Tennessee's Athletic Director handles the situation.

Reactions: T.J.
To recap:

Vandy snaps 8 game losing streak

Vandy wins for first time in Knoxville

We lose on senior night to the worst SEC team for the first time in history.

We fall out of the tourney

We lose 3 of 4

We clinch a losing record in the SEC

Blew a double digit lead

What did I miss?
Holly is a terrible coach!

What I COULD NOT BELIEVE IS FULMER gave her a RAISE AND EXTENSION LAST YEAR! I like Fulmer but WHAT WAS HE THINKING?

Last edited:
Reactions: cutiepie5 and T.J.
I'm not a Holly hater. I wished like hell that she was up to the task. Clearly she is not. I give her credit for stepping into an impossible situation. It just didn't work out. Nothing convinced me of this more than a recent quote from a player who said, "Personally, I want to make it to the tournament." When making it to the tournament is your goal, you have ceased to be Tennessee Lady Vol basketball. And we have.
I don't hate Holly but the longer she stays the more fans will. I feel sorry for her because I know how bad she wanted it to work.

VN Store

Back