Game Thread Lady Vols vs. UNCG

Why not take the last shot? Looking like a Warlick team tonight. Youth aside, make good decisions. Annoyed it was Rennia who took that shot. It’s situational basketball. It doesn’t matter who you’re playing. If the shot clock is off and you have the ball they should never get another look at the basket in that quarter.

What an utterly lazy zero energy or effort 1st half .

I do seriously think she ran them really hard and I don’t care for that idea. She definitely did that before ETSU and Furman. The players look visibly sore and visibly tired. I understand wanting to challenge them but I think it sets them up to have a really messy, poor shooting game because their legs are dead. Not exactly a confidence booster for an already inconsistent team.

This game is no where near in doubt, but reading these comments you would think so. She is playing people that many wanted to see her play and people are still complaining. We are getting closer to SEC play and she has to see who she can count on moving forward. Jaiden being in concussion protocol and Keyen being out for the season possibly opened up two spots (minutes) for bench players who probably wasn't going to play much in SEC play, let's see what they have

Ebeneezer Darth
I was thinkin' more "the Darth that stole Christmas"
tumblr_nyrgq4uyIK1uewx7xo1_400.gif

Reactions: Coach Jumper
Just not looking sharp and not rebounding well. Lots of hands allowed on both sides. UNCG is boxing out but seems to be able to get the long rebounds.

32-19 At the half. An absolutely horrible half against a team we should beat by 50-60 points.
I don't know why we don't get up for every game. As other posters said earlier, if we play like this vs the SEC, we would be lucky to win a game. (Maybe vs LSU !!)

We'll knock them out is the third quarter with the starters no problem. If we had played the starters most of the half we'd have a 25 point lead.

This is true. I do wish she’d let them get in a rhythm before subbing them out though.

We'll knock them out is the third quarter with the starters no problem. If we had played the starters most of the half we'd have a 25 point lead.
Did you watch the game ? Outside of Davis, I couldn't tell if the other starters were even awake. We weren't scoring with the starters in either. Granted, wholesale substitutions doesn't help the flow. But there was no excuse for the starting 5 who played most of the first quarter.

Seeing more of Saunders and she just plays incredibly passive for her size.
She rarely fights for position and lets smaller players block her out. Hard to know if it is an energy problem, or an experience problem. She needs to be a lot more active.

Probably has a lot to do with her competition in practice.

I do not lol. Drives me nuts. Glad they get to see the floor but it makes for ugly basketball.

Same here! but what it do was put our bench in against some of their best players. Which i guess is a benefit even if this team is really bad... has to be some sort of positive with that.

I do seriously think she ran them really hard and I don’t care for that idea. She definitely did that before ETSU and Furman. The players look visibly sore and visibly tired. I understand wanting to challenge them but I think it sets them up to have a really messy, poor shooting game because their legs are dead. Not exactly a confidence booster for an already inconsistent team.
How can you tell they are sore?

VN Store

Back