Game Thread Lady Vols vs. UNCG

I don't care if it's a glorified practice. Anytime you can get these ladies on the floor playing together is a positive no matter the competition. Injuries are bound to happen at some point so this should be a good opportunity to get others up to speed and game ready. Work on the fundamentals, inbound plays, coach em up some. We will not have it easy after Christmas

So far from what I see ...... we're just bumbling & stumbling through & shooting too quick.

Taking some 3 shots & missing. Suarez tried to dribble the ball going through two defenders .... WTH??

I'm thinking the Lady Vols mentality in this game so far is they know they can crush this team by 30 & are being sloppy in their play. They wasted the whole 30 second play clock moving the ball around & missed a shot.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
So far I’ve noticed a concerted effort to get the ball inside. May be based on the opponents’ skill and smaller size but I hope it continues.

How does KK miss point blank layups? It’s mindboggling!

She gets open but she cannot finish. It’s a mental block at this point. She needs to relax and not rush so much. Square up and finish. She’s always off balance and still turning when she releases the ball.

So far I’ve noticed a concerted effort to get the ball inside. May be based on the opponents’ skill and smaller size but I hope it continues.

I think we should get it inside but we should be posting up Horston, Davis and Burrell since they can finish. Getting it to the bigs didn’t do us a lot of good in that first quarter.

Would like to see us post up some opposing teams guards to prepare for teams like Arkansas where we will have a distinct size advantage at those positions.

VN Store

Back