Game Thread Lady Vols vs. UNCG

I, TOO, would like to see a low pst takeover this game against an underszed opponent.

Why does a TN player standing underneath the basket feel the need to dribble the ball before they shoot it?
KK has to dribble the ball before she puts it up on the glass to go in.... while the opponent is knocking it away.

Get the ball ..... turn and shoot. It's not rocket science....

I think we should get it inside but we should be posting up Horston, Davis and Burrell since they can finish. Getting it to the bigs didn’t do us a lot of good in that first quarter.

Would like to see us post up some opposing teams guards to prepare for teams like Arkansas where we will have a distinct size advantage at those positions.

I agree. Our guards have a size advantage against most teams but we don’t take advantage of it by clearing the paint and letting them post up.

Reactions: VolBall09
CKJH just subbed out all 5 players on the court. I don't know if that was the intended strategy or if she was upset at the 5 on the court. I wouldn't blame her if she upset.

Why does a TN player standing underneath the basket feel the need to dribble the ball before they shoot it?
KK has to dribble the ball before she puts it up on the glass to go in.... while the opponent is knocking it away.

That habit shouldn’t have made it beyond the 8th grade. Basic basketball says any dribble in the paint is a bad dribble. It’s got to be a catch and shoot or a catch and pass. Work the ball inside out. If you have to take a dribble to score in the paint the ball should go back out. Re-post and if you have nice teammates they’ll get it back to you.

Announcers, Jordan may be a senior playing PG this year, but she is NOT an “experienced, seasoned point guard.” This is her first year to play the position!

Know what grinds my gears ........... missing free throw shots........goodness gracious.

Shooting all around is bad. Looks to me like she ran then really hard in practice again. I’m not sure I like that strategy. I don’t like watching them all play when they look obviously sore.

Holy Cow ....... can you imagine if Pat Summit was coaching this team right now??

Kati bar the door......these girls would be running stairs & being locked out of the dressing rooms.

VN Store

Back