game is in

Knoxville

TV: SECN+ (ONLINE)

you can stream the game here

WatchESPN: Live Sports, Game Replays, Video Highlights

you can listen here

Big Orange Hotline

the Lady Vols are ranked 12th in the AP Top 25 poll

hmm dropped one after a win,that don't seem right,the USA Today Coaches Poll hasn't been posted as of this thread being posted

I do want to see them do better with lay ups and bunny shots,be better at blocking out on both Defense and Offense under the basket,do a better job at defending the wide open 3 pt shooters

and feed Collins the ball more :),but that is just me,I do think she has become my new favorite player

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:

Collins, Massengill, Burrell and Z. Green (I may have misspelled a name or two), are the real deal. I know this is early and the first two games were not against top D1 programs, but these ladies show a lot of promise. I also like Holly playing these freshmen early. We will need the freshmen to get all the experience they can get, because we will need them to make major contributions this season. I have to give Holly thumps up. I am trying not to get my expectations too high but so for so good.

I hope Davis does not have a major issue, because we will need her. She just might be our best player.

Watched the Vols last night vs Georgia Tech they were missing a lot of free throws as well so those rims must be awful tight as like the ladies some of theirs were half down and then out or bounce straight up in the air if slightly long. The good news the other team has to use the same rims. Looking for a great game tonight another small team should dominate the boards.

Ladies looking good. Press forcing turnovers, nice cuts, Evina is passing well, and KK playing great active defense on the perimeter & switching on guards.

Certainly were not going to play all the upperclassmen together and the freshmen together as the season progresses. You would probably want to put a couple freshmen with some more experienced players on both groups. Hopefully Harris is ok always hate when you see those injures that look like a knee.

In these early games, Holly is subbing out all 5 starters for the 4 freshmen & Harris (she just went down hard hope she’s OK). I’m impressed because it’s building confidence in the subs and allowing them to gain experience and a stronger bond with one another. This should serve us well in March.

Ladies looking good. Press forcing turnovers, nice cuts, Evina is passing well, and KK playing great active defense on the perimeter & switching on guards.

I`m sorry but KK can not get her shot block by someone 5-11 6-0 she just turns and shoots from the hip. She needs to get some kind of lift

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
I`m sorry but KK can not get her shot block by someone 5-11 6-0 she just turns and shoots from the hip. She needs to get some kind of lift

I totally agree! She’s tentative on offense like she’s afraid to make a mistake. You should email post coach Dean Lockwood & share your observations.

Halftime Box

We shot 39.5 percent and dominated the game. NC Asheville handles the ball fairly well only forced 13 turnovers vs 39 for the entire games vs Presbyterian. 10 of 12 from the line awesome. 4 of 12 from the three is ok also. 30 rebounds Burrell had 7 to lead the way. Looks like she is headed for a double double already 9 points.

VN Store

Back