Game Thread Lady Vols vs UNC Asheville

Nice win! The press and depth were great today. We’ll need to address all the charges. Players have to learn when to pull up. On one charge by Meme it was because Massengill gave up the ball too early on a fast break before the defender committed. These things can be corrected. Coach ‘em up!

This wasn't a nice win. Asheville got all the shots they wanted tonight. They were getting to the basket with ease. This teams lucky they couldn't hit a layup.

London and Rae , way to start the season. Good job!
Thank you for playing like Lady Vols the first two games.

Yeah, I saw that combo, I liked that too!
It looks like Holly is trying to get KK up to speed, hmm if that`s the case she needs to get it done fast. And as for Collins 6-3 ? where do you play her Low block or stretch four ?

Harris only 5 minutes. Didn't keep long arms up high on defense. Davis finally let game come to her.

I think if a team beats the press you have to settle back into a half court defense. You can't keep pressing and let them get it to a person for a wide open three. They hit 7 threes unguarded because we were trying for the steal and they were getting the open look. They won the second half of the game 30 to 29. I'm all for pressing but you have to play some defense in the half court as well.

Yeah it seems that way, she's going to need Kasi size, but Kasi is only uses it sometimes. She needs more minutes and more work, we knew that it generally take post players two years.

Collins, I would play her at 4 and the 5. We have to work her at both spots. I like her at the top in the high low or the high post.

The 4 and 5 spot, now are becoming interchangeable in the 3/2 look, sometimes our four out with Mimi at the 4 still looks like 3/2.

I would like to see more screen action between our 4 and 5 players to get each other easier looks.

I'm still more worried about our guard play.

I think if a team beats the press you have to settle back into a half court defense. You can't keep pressing and let them get it to a person for a wide open three. They hit 7 threes unguarded because we were trying for the steal and they were getting the open look. They won the second half of the game 30 to 29. I'm all for pressing but you have to play some defense in the half court as well.

And a lof of those threes, players were standing and not running to close out. The effort wasn't there tonight.

Still looking to me like Green and Davis at the 5 and 4. Then any of Burrell, Green, Westbrooks. Massengill, or Jackson on the perimeter. Collins is more of a four. KK looks like a backup five but getting shots blocked by a 5 '9" player is concerning.

Yeah I agree with Green and Davis, in the lineup.

Cos our bigs shoot the ball like a shot put, besides their face or by their neck or on their shoulders.

Dean's wassup mane?

Reactions: NoBackBoard
Syracuse is gonna be good tho, not a bad lost for TEXAS A &M.

Last edited:
Georgia, Texas A&M both lost tonight so two ranked SEC teams go down.

All that says is we still have time, but that performance tonight against a Georgia or Texas A&M would have been a lost, those losses cost us seedings.

Ladies we want the easier paths to Championships, not the hardest...ijus

I think some were already in the Bahamas and forgot they still had a game to play. That was a pretty weak effort tonight. Our post game is nearly nonexistent except for a couple of trips down the court. I guess you can chalk this one up as a good teaching tool.

VN Store

Back