Game Thread: Lady Vols vs Miss St : ,, SEC tournament - Round II

Cori Close the UCLA coach, is worth a hard look in my opinion. She's coached very well the last few seasons, they had a rough start this year with a very young team. But by the end of PAC-12 play she had them as the 4th team in a VERY competitive league this year. Really nice coaching IMO. Looks like they will be playing in the PAC-12 semis and playing in the NCAA tournament with a 19-11 record on the season. She coached them up and they finished 12-6 in league play.
VolBall, I am watching UCLA right now in Vegas. UCLA is up 71-66 over AZ with 28 seconds to play. Close looks good.

Reactions: VolBall09
VolBall, I am watching UCLA right now in Vegas. UCLA is up 71-66 over AZ with 28 seconds to play. Close looks good.

She's a great coach, they started rough this season, but she really put some work into this team. Onyewere is a fantastic athlete, I got to watch her in High School some, she has been a beast on the boards for them this year and is undersized.

She made a great player out of Jordin Canada who graduated last year as well. She was a highly sought after recruit but continued to improve under Close' tutelage and played well her first year in the WNBA. She could do so much with the talent we have right now.

She has spent time the last few summers at UCONN learning from Geno. I kind of hate to admit it, but it would be nice to have someone who is interested in playing an updated style of basketball like they play.

Last edited:
Jackson had 8 turnovers, 4 of them airballs into the stands. Can't throw a pass within the catch radius of a teammate. Plus, 2 frontcourt fouls, twice let her player blow by her for a layup, missed 2 layups of her own and only 1 rebound. She did shoot well with the three 3s and a couple 2s but a net negative performance.

She refuses to use both hands when passing the ball. She'd have half as many turnovers if she'd make a nice, crisp chest pass like every player should.

The thing that was so frustrating about this game is we could have easily won it. The turnovers killed us.

I disagree that the Lady Vols don't deserve a berth in the NCAAs. They have the talent. If the ladies come out motivated, I wouldn't be surprised to see
them make a run to the sweet 16. IF THEY CAN ELIMINATE THE UNFORCED ERRORS!
Man how far this program has fallen. If we are lucky and come together we can make a run to the sweet sixteen? That used to be a given and an absolute disappointment if that’s as far as we made it, now it’s what we strive for. Truly pathetic.

Well, almost hope members of our team don’t read our comments, gripes, etc., but just in case someone does, just wanted to thank them all for all their hard work this year. It was obvious that players had worked on strength and conditioning, and in this game today, nobody quit, but played tough till the very end of the game! You will be older and wiser next year, and we have some fantastic players coming. This season may not be over, and I hope you get to play in the NCAA tournament, but either way, stay the course, things will get better! GO LADY VOLS!!!

IMO, SOS means nothing when the team is getting blown out by most of the ranked teams that they play. Tennessee is 1-7 vs current top 25 opponents....5 of those losses by 15 or more points.

If Arkansas learns to play a little defense over the summer they’re going to be a nightmare in the SEC next year.

What in the world happened to Zay Green? She seems so off...
Zay is one that when she is off she is off and most of the time when she is scoring it's on break away lay ups and quick jumpers in transition where she sprints to he middle of the lane/top if the key area. There wasn't much opportunity for that today. They way Miss St was playing defense and TN was turning it over she really just didn't have the opportunity for the kind of scoring that comes easy to her.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
She gets them and does nothing to develop and improve their play. She ruins them. So unfair.

VN Store

Back