Game Thread: Lady Vols vs Miss St : ,, SEC tournament - Round II

Coach Jumper

I can be there tomorrow
1552005694806.png

Next Game:
3/8/2019 | Noon ET
SEC Network

Girls,
I am very proud of you and your effort today.
There was no quit in you
No lapses
great leadership

Tomorrow you get to do it again
Mississippi State.

Say it
taste it
now spit it back out
and let's put away the number one seed

Play tomorrow as if it were an elimination game

Do that,
Coach J

Last edited:
I hope the fowl taste of being an 8 seed in the SEC tournament sucks for this group of young ladies and will instill a desire to better themselves from this day on. GBO

If they had beat the team they were supposed to beat they would not be in this position, And with this ugly offense i don`t see it Miss State start 4 players under 6 foot. So to me the lineup of Westbrook,Green,Collins,Davis,Jackson will have problems. This why Holly is such a bad coach no adjustments.

If they had beat the team they were supposed to beat they would not be in this position, And with this ugly offense i don`t see it Miss State start 4 players under 6 foot. So to me the lineup of Westbrook,Green,Collins,Davis,Jackson will have problems. This why Holly is such a bad coach no adjustments.

Right now, you may not want to support CHW, but how about a little consideration for the players.
This is a game thread,,,and these kids are trying
You can bash CHW on any of a number of threads out there
dj

Hope the girl do really well. But I fear the agony has just been put of for one more day. Saying this I still say GO VOLS!!!

Don't see this one being that close.

Honestly though if we get in as an 11 seed in the NCAA it would be a much easier path than if we won tomorrow and got an 8-9.

Certainly not saying I want to lose or that I think we have a chance in the NCAA, but a loss tomorrow won't really sting.

"Hope springs eternal in the human breast." Can the LVs follow a close win over an equally bad team with a great win over a very good one. Hope says, "Yes!" Based on the tapestry of the whole season juxtaposed against the results of one game, Realism says, "No!" No orange colored glasses here I agree with realism. Go Lady Vols.

Not conceding the game but they will have to bring a lot more effort and be a lot smarter than they were versus LSU. Less than 10 turnovers shade their best three point shooter on defense and trip McCowan on every touch.

I know Mississippi State is favored, but has anyone seen by how many points they are favored?

As a team LSU was shooting 42 percent for the season we let them shoot 48. Miss St is shooting 49 for the season I doubt we come close to winning if they shoot that high. We have a chance if we can keep them around 40 percent and not turn the ball over.

I know Mississippi State is favored, but has anyone seen by how many points they are favored?
Massey has it 16 points 85 to 69. We better have our defensive britches on because we have to hold them below 70 to have any chance in this game.

Reactions: volnationnj
I don't see Miss St. having a let down bad enough for the Ladies to steal a win, but I'm wrong a lot and hope this is another time. Play hard ladies and take the fight to em! GLV!!!!!

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I smell an upset . After they beat down in Starkville last month MS state will be looking right past us . The perfect storm . That is what tournaments are about . Let’s do this thing girls !!!!
We played at MS ST, without Westbrook. Now, we’re also playing Collins, who can score. Hopefully Zaay steps up too, and scores like she can. Protect the ball, make your shots, great D, you can beat them! Go get this win!!!

VN Store

Back