Game Thread: Lady Vols vs Miss St : ,, SEC tournament - Round II

Right now, you may not want to support CHW, but how about a little consideration for the players.
This is a game thread,,,and these kids are trying
You can bash CHW on any of a number of threads out there
dj

I do give consideration for the players and i never said they are not trying my problem is with Holly and the way she coaches this team.

The post players have to show up an not get in foul trouble. The guards need to be intense on defense and play together not against each other. An CHW please start a good 5 that's motivated. I remember when we could put fear in teams. We have lost our fearless ways but a won today makes a statement.

The post players have to show up an not get in foul trouble. The guards need to be intense on defense and play together not against each other. An CHW please start a good 5 that's motivated. I remember when we could put fear in teams. We have lost our fearless ways but a won today makes a statement.

They need a strategy for how to play McCowan when she has the clear advantage over anyone Tennessee might throw at her, and in a way that Anriel or Danberry aren't free to get easy layups and short jumpers, and Espinoza isn't free for open deep looks. IMO, Tennessee was lucky in the last game that Espinoza missed a lot of open shots. Otherwise, that 28 point deficit would have happened in the 2nd quarter. All in all, MSST did not play well at all in that game until the 4th quarter. This is a case where the other team has the best player on the court...and the second best as well for good measure. Will likely be ugly, especially since there's no contest on the coaching sidelines either.

I'm here, got the game stream ready, ready to post, ready to cheer.

Already told my wife that if the LVs pull off the upset, I'm getting in the car and driving to SC to see their game tomorrow. Road trip!

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
One complaint -- I REALLY don't like this forum software. All the stuff on the left takes up too much space, but most especially, it doesn't auto-refresh. Wish that could be changed. (Unless there's a setting I'm missing, in which case I'm a dope.)

I agree with you 100% But we all know Holly will not change the line up to counter Miss State 4 guard line up she will wait until we get down 15 -20 it`s been like this all year long.

Holly's inability to motivate the troops is what worries me about this game. Unless this squad has had 5 rounds of 5 hour energy this morning, I have a feeling Miss State will out hustle them. As well as try to get the LV's in an up and down game.

Evina was suspended the last game against Miss St. The loss of our leading scorer and primary ball handler contributed to the beatdown. She's playing today, so the game should be more competitive. Win or lose, Miss St is an #8 RPI team and that will help the LVs' resume for the NCAAT.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Evina was suspended the last game against Miss St. The loss of our leading scorer and primary ball mover contributed to the beatdown. She's playing today, so the game should be more competitive. Win or lose, Miss St is an #8 RPI team and that will help the LVs' resume for the NCAAT.

I doubt Evina would have made much of a difference. MSST is not a good matchup for her. Holmes is a way better PG than she is. She may not score much, but she is an exceptional floor manager and makes excellent decisions. Evina will probably get her points today, but it will come with a very low shooting percentage and a bunch of high risk shots in 15+ point loss.

I doubt Evina would have made much of a difference. MSST is not a good matchup for her. Holmes is a way better PG than she is. She may not score much, but she is an exceptional floor manager and makes excellent decisions. Evina will probably get her points today, but it will come with a very low shooting percentage and a bunch of high risk shots in 15+ point loss.

I'm sorry but to say she wouldn't have made much of a difference is silly. She's the leading scorer, primary ball handler, dishes almost 6 assists a game and runs the offense. She affects every single play offensively when she's on the floor. Holmes may be a better PG, but she's small, Evina can take her to the basket as much as she wants, just as other guards have done all season. That's 6'0" vs. a generous 5'8" listing for Holmes, I don't think she's that tall either looking at her compared to other players on the court. Makes a big difference in Evina's ability to hit her short jumper and floater, she has struggled against taller defenders, she shoots right over smaller guards, very well actually.

Additionally, though she isn't the greatest defender in the world, she is miles ahead of Massengill on the defensive end. She killed us defensively in that game.

Reactions: LA Vol
I agree with you 100% But we all know Holly will not change the line up to counter Miss State 4 guard line up she will wait until we get down 15 -20 it`s been like this all year long.
What lineup do you like for this game?

Hope all you who are predicting a lv win are right but right now we are two minutes ib and i see turnovers

Collins just pickedup her second foul 5 turnovers pretty goo defense hope holly doesn't try to coach

Jackson is awful. I'm sorry, I hate saying negative things about players, but she should not handle the ball at all. Catch and shoot or catch and pass. If she put it on the floor I'd take her out. Guaranteed turnover.

VN Store

Back