Game Thread: LADY VOLS VS. #22/25 ARKANSAS

this game yes, other games we lost on our own.

I did see a few times where Arkansas players flat out bumped Tennessee players, or pushed into them, resulting in the Tennessee player losing the ball -- only one was whistled. The others? *shrug* Who knows.

I did see a few times where Arkansas players flat out bumped Tennessee players, or pushed into them, resulting in the Tennessee player losing the ball -- only one was whistled. The others? *shrug* Who knows.
rennia is getting very annoyed. we got to play through it and show grit. it’s all you really can do in this situation.

True too often, but actually not tonight. We've had some very good cuts and passes, especially in the first quarter. Our problem, as usual, was when subs came in, a pretty decent rhythm was broken, and turnovers took over.
You’re correct, the cuts are better than what we usually see, but I fail to see why all these teams can set screens near the foul line where their best player comes around for a wide open jumper, yet we hardly ever see any of that in the half court.

Watch any of our players on the perimeter and 9 times out of 10 they hardly get screens and end up going one-one and either throw up a highly contested shot or sometimes do find a cutter. We stand more than most teams in the half court.

Reactions: SandyO
I really can’t say a whole lot about the Lady Vols basketball IQ. When are the coaches going to tell KK and Key not to bring the ball down when they receive the ball down low?
Teacher they do Coach this as well as many other things but this team just can't do what the coaches teach.

Well guess what, it’s gonna be that way the rest of the season. These girls best get tough, or their season will end abruptly..

Ramirez was a five star played on the Olympic team. The other girl was first team SEC last season. They don't have any post players but they don't need any if they can get away with fouling.

I usually don't complain about refs overall calls (unless they're terrible both ways), but this really does smack of home cooking. We're getting mugged but getting called for touch fouls.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
16 turnovers mostly unforced an no we can't blame Horston tonight.
Plenty of blame to go around. Jaz has been off, Rennia has 4 t.o.s at halftime. But Jordan did make 3, all unforced, in 7 mins of play.

A couple of bogus offensive foul calls count as turnovers also.

Actually, I thought our other Achilles Heel, lack of quickness on defense hurt almost as much. Their screens killed us and their shooter was spot on. Maybe she'll cool off.

You’re correct, the cuts are better than what we usually see, but I fail to see why all these teams can set screens near the foul line where their best player comes around for a wide open jumper, yet we hardly ever see any of that in the half court.

Watch any of our players on the perimeter and 9 times out of 10 they hardly get screens and end up going one-one and either throw up a highly contested shot or sometimes do find a cutter. We stand more than most teams in the half court.
Just like a Holly team. Ugh

I really can’t say a whole lot about the Lady Vols basketball IQ. When are the coaches going to tell KK and Key not to bring the ball down when they receive the ball down low?
Yes. KK wide wide open, takes a dribble and shoots the infamous layup toward half court.

Looks like we might get some make up calls the 2nd half

Key completely gassed, needs to be in better shape.

Love to see Jordan have the half of her life right here

He’s at Arkansas. Nobody is getting elite players to go there. If he’s middle of the road, then what do you call what we have? Fairly sure Arkansas doesn’t have 4 McDonald’s all Americans. I’d guess they have none.
If you have a good coach, players will come. Mississippi State gets elite players and there isn’t any difference between Arkansas and Mississippi 😝

VN Store

Back