Game Thread: LADY VOLS VS. #22/25 ARKANSAS

Harper is not the answer. The ladyvols have one player, DAVIS. The other young ladies are terrible. Poor coaching, terrible players equal a bad team. If you are a top 25 player would u want to come here.
The bigger question is why are you a fan? If you feel the need to be this critical of a young team with a new coach and system you should really consider following a different team.

Not going to win tonight even if we were playing well. These Refs suck calling fouls on post ups on us and none of their grabbing and pushing. They missed two or three out of bounds calls. Worst Refs I've seen this year.
i 100% agree. the refs are handing them every call they want, and our girls are getting killed and their not calling a thing. can’t win with that.

Watch our offense....one on one is the play-that’s it. All these other teams actually run an offense.
True too often, but actually not tonight. We've had some very good cuts and passes, especially in the first quarter. Our problem, as usual, was when subs came in, a pretty decent rhythm was broken, and turnovers took over.

Harper is not the answer. The ladyvols have one player, DAVIS. The other young ladies are terrible. Poor coaching, terrible players equal a bad team. If you are a top 25 player would u want to come here.

Why is Brown on amber ramirez why ? C Peck was pretty much saying the same think. If she can`t guard anyone don`t player her.

At this point we can’t control the refs, we got to play team ball, and hustle. Effort can’t be coached.

We our really bad offensively. We have to get a true point to run this team. No leader on the court at all. Jaz passed to the other team how many times. 15 Turnovers overall. We should have put up 40 pts against them this half

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
A lot of the turnovers are players trying to pass to a player standing still. Way to easy for a defender to punch it out or intercept. 16 turnovers mostly unforced an no we can't blame Horston tonight.

Harper has got to stand up for her team. Our players are getting mugged and these stupid refs have not called any fouls on Arkansas. It may take getting T,ed up but at least the players will know you have their backs.

Reactions: volfan__18
I called it out at the start, but the 15 turnovers was easy to predict. Good or bad, Arkansas is very good at A/T ratio and margin of turnovers. That's, like, exactly what can break down the Lady Vols right now.

Tenn 16 TO's
Arkansas 7 FGA more than Tenn

I’m going to say this. TN needs to handle Ark physicality better because if they do they will reduce the turnovers. Hasn’t been a lot of dumb passes. There were two flops by a smaller player in the post to draw offensive fouls. The Ark post player undercuts Key every time the entry pass to the post is coming in that has caused another 2-3.

I think we may see Ms. Key get meaner sooner rather than later and Coach Kellie May be getting teched up soon.

Whoa. Mike Neighbors thinks he's hot stuff.

Better than what we've got, sure, but he's a middle-of-the-road SEC wbb coach at best.
He’s at Arkansas. Nobody is getting elite players to go there. If he’s middle of the road, then what do you call what we have? Fairly sure Arkansas doesn’t have 4 McDonald’s all Americans. I’d guess they have none.

Reactions: Tnphil
WTF is it with the officials and Lady Vols? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team more routinely screwed by crazy officiating as I have this team this year. It’s incredibly frustrating as a fan, so I can’t imagine how the players and staff must feel. :oops:
Sorry lvocd. I generally agree with your posts, and I'm not saying the officiating has been good this game, but... "routinely screwed" ?
Cognitive bias.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
We don't need a new coach she needs some players in here that can run the offense. Easy to see were to big at the guard positions needs smaller quicker players. She needs time to get her type players on the team no coach could do much better with this personnel. Arkansas is way quicker at the guard positions and the Refs are making sure we don't score inside.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I really can’t say a whole lot about the Lady Vols basketball IQ. When are the coaches going to tell KK and Key not to bring the ball down when they receive the ball down low?

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Got my work done. Got my Bible time in. Ready to watch some Lady Vols. Then I have to ask myself why. Well I know why I am a big fan and I am ready to watch good basketball maybe one day I will get to watch again. Go Lady Vols.

VN Store

Back