Game Thread Lady Vols in NCAA Tournament,game 2

Holly “I Don’t Know” Warlick should have been let go two seasons ago.

She never knows, always throwing her arms up on the sideline when things are going wrong. Some people just aren't cut out to be a head coach of a major program; there's nothing wrong with that, it just is what it is. I don't know if this program will ever get to the top again, but I do know it won't with Warlick coaching, not even close. I would be surprised if they fire her, I think the only way is if Holly resigns.

Reactions: 3 people
Maybe Hayes will transfer. I'm sure there are lots of schools looking for a 5'6" wild, out-of-control PG whose parents demand the school take her three sisters as a four-pack.

Reactions: 2 people
Wonder how many players transfer out this time

Let however many of them there are go because the only reason that they're here was Holly promising them playing time. How else could she convince them to come here. They're all too young to remember and appreciate what Pat established here.

Reactions: 1 person
I said it two years ago. I guess you want to keep her and continue to under achieve. Right now LV basketball recruits itself but that day may have ended today.

If I wanted to develop as a player and possibly play professionally, I wouldn't go to Tenn. I would want to go somewhere that I know will challenge me and make me a better player, that's not this LV program.

Reactions: 5 people
Let however many of them there are go because the only reason that they're here was Holly promising them playing time. How else could she convince them to come here. They're all too young to remember and appreciate what Pat established here.

Not true... Kenned Brown who is a 2019 target made comments about Pat Summitt and the legacy she built and how that is a still an attractive thing to recruits. Now she is also has OSU in her top 7 😖 so I wonder how that went today smh

Last edited:
Not true... Kenned Brown who is a 2019 made comments about Pat Summitt and the legacy she built and how that is a still an attractive thing to recruits. Now she is also has OSU in her top 7 😖 so I wonder how that went today smh

My bad. I stand corrected.

She IS afraid of them. Lol. They’ve been acting a fool all season. Did you see the screenshots on here where the dad was going crazy on Facebook talking bad about Holly and insinuating things about a player and that Holly promised that player playing time, assumingly Evina? He was doing it on Twitter, too. A real nutcase.

Where can we find the screenshots?

One thing a coach needs to do is be there when things are not going well during the game. They need to be able to calm a team down and give sound advice on how to turn things around. If a coach hides and can not help during the tough times, the team will disintegrate into a total breakdown = failure.

Reactions: 3 people
If I wanted to develop as a player and possibly play professionally, I wouldn't go to Tenn. I would want to go somewhere that I know will challenge me and make me a better player, that's not this LV program.

I hear Geno has a boot camp squad you could play in.

How much would a Holly buyout be since she's only has one year left? She's like in the lower half on the pay bracket in the SEC right.

How much would a Holly buyout be since she's only has one year left? She's like in the lower half on the pay bracket in the SEC right.

Her contract expires on March 31, 2019. She makes $665,000 annually. Compared to most buyouts this university pays, it's a drop in the bucket.

I still don't think Phil will do it, though. The quotes I've seen from him lately offer excuses. Three freshmen playing significant roles, yada yada yada...

Just pay her the 665000 and say goodbye would be the best way to end her coaching career. do we really want to put three more years on that seems that is exactly what will happen.

Her contract expires on March 31, 2019. She makes $665,000 annually. Compared to most buyouts this university pays, it's a drop in the bucket.

I still don't think Phil will do it, though. The quotes I've seen from him lately offer excuses. Three freshmen playing significant roles, yada yada yada...
665,000 doesn’t seem like that much money to a university bringing in millions every year in football money and the ESPN tv deal.

Why would you come to Tenn for Basketball, What is the incentive, if you have other offers?

As for Holly, kudo's to her for staying on, as I highly doubt anyone could have replaced Pat, or lived up to that expectation.

Many coaches actually ask Geno if they can come in and watch UConn practices, because they are so rugged and tough. Maybe Holly can be one of those coaches and learn a thing or two or ten!

Yeah, no. It's too late for Holly to be learning new things. She's too set in her coaching ways already.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back