Game Thread Lady Vols in NCAA Tournament,game 2

Ain't no extension coming for Holly this off season. I truly believe the boosters would raise hell if that would happen. Now, that football is taken care of Holly is going to finally feel the pressure.

Boosters care about football. They don't care one iota about WBB. After today, a lot of LVs supporters are going to give up on the program, too. It's taken a while, but they've poisoned the well.

Reactions: 1 person
I think were down about 4000 since Holly took over in the last two seasons and still we move on. Used to average close to 12 thousand now a little over 8.

And people think that winning is enough to keep a coach employed. Not always. Memphis let Tubby Smith go with two winning seasons because the attendance at the FedEx Forum dropped to like 3 or 4 thousand people a game! :hmm: The school has some type of agreement with the Grizzlies where they receive $800,000 to $1 million in revenue if attendance is at a certain level and this year they failed. Although I thought Tubby did a good job in his two years, the fans didn’t like him and refused to by season tickets and attend the games. The money people aka “boosters” put insane pressure to withhold major donations and made the school take action. They fired him because of declining ticket sales only.

In his defense, two years is definitely not enough to rebuild a program that was destroyed before he got there. Tough break for a good man.

As for Holly? She’s had plenty of time and a world of excuses.

If Fulmer wants to be a big boy AD he needs to make tough decisions when they need to be made. He needs to make one now time to move on with the greatest winning program in Tennessee history that has fallen because we continue to keep a coach that cannot get the job done not matter the roster.

Do you think Fulmer has that power or is he just a puppet?

If Fulmer wants to be a big boy AD he needs to make tough decisions when they need to be made. He needs to make one now time to move on with the greatest winning program in Tennessee history that has fallen because we continue to keep a coach that cannot get the job done not matter the roster.

He doesn't have the cha cha's to make a change.

She will not be fired. Start a petition for her to resign.

She will probably not be fired but its not because she dont deserve to be fired , its because the UT is too incompetent. Just because she may not be fired does not mean UT has done the right thing.

Holly seems afraid of pissing of the Hayes family. If she had to get Anastasia in to keep peace, she should’ve taken meme out today instead of Evina, who was playing great and helped us to a ten pt lead. Just the cluelessness of buddy Holly shining through.

When Westbrook went out and sat for over 7 minutes, was when we blew the 10point lead. If players are playing well, not in foul trouble, and don't need a break you ride that lineup until there is a need for a change.

Reactions: 3 people
Holly seems afraid of pissing of the Hayes family. If she had to get Anastasia in to keep peace, she should’ve taken meme out today instead of Evina, who was playing great and helped us to a ten pt lead. Just the cluelessness of buddy Holly shining through.

She IS afraid of them. Lol. They’ve been acting a fool all season. Did you see the screenshots on here where the dad was going crazy on Facebook talking bad about Holly and insinuating things about a player and that Holly promised that player playing time, assumingly Evina? He was doing it on Twitter, too. A real nutcase.

When I turned on the TV and watched Russell dribbling the ball and getting her pocket picked, I knew it was over.

Reactions: 2 people
She IS afraid of them. Lol. They’ve been acting a fool all season. Did you see the screenshots on here where the dad was going crazy on Facebook talking bad about Holly and insinuating things about a player and that Holly promised that player playing time, assumingly Evina? He was doing it on Twitter, too. A real nutcase.

You don't happen to know which thread those screenshots are in, do you? I have seen them mentioned, but have not seen them.

Call a timeout down 9 with 11 sec in the game so you can what? Draw up a spectacular 10 point play???

LOL that was a good one.

I also love it when they foul with 15 seconds left in the game behind by 14. I mean is Jesus fixing to come on the floor and work miracles or what?

Too bad Stokley Center isn't around any more. UT could make alot of money hosting monster trucks and rodeos on Thursdays and Sundays if it was available for CHW's Lady Vols.

Wonder how many players transfer out this time

Good question if Holly is let go it is a tricky situation of hiring the proper person. I think it is a must the person retain someone with LV ties. Gordon was a great pick up. I know people are like she never coached and it isn’t promised but Kara Lawson really sees basketball in different way. She was a successful player in college, a good pro, Olympian, and her exposure to differing styles of basketball as an analyst would make her a good coach whoever she had a great job with the Wiz and she stil spotlights for ESPN so you would have to make it worth her time. Now, if someone would play on her competitive nature and the challenge of getting her getting the LV back to glory that may be something that intrigues her. But dream on dreamer I guess ... ugh

If she's afraid of a player's family, then she really needs to go. No excuse for a head coach of a major program to let some parent influence what they do with the team!

VN Store

Back