Game Thread Lady Vols at Texas A&M

I'm sitting @home in Florida, will have to watch on the boob tube... :(

have great fun at the game Aggie fan but hope not too much....

Go VOLS!

USF vs UCONN starts @ 15 minutes on CBSSN

Go Bulls! GENO sucks...

HUGE game today. Think PineyBluff got it right. The girls' demeanor and attitude looks like they play not to lose. They don't have that confidence that they are playing to win. I do think they are reflecting the attitude of the coaching staff.

Rocky Top Talk has really been on the girls lately. I think one of their questions about our offense is valid.

"Is there more to halfcourt sets than a screen at the top of the perimeter?"

Any word on Massengale?

Go Lady Vols. :clapping:

Last edited:
This is a big game for both teams. Tenn has the talent to win this one big. Blair is a very good coach. We will see if the LVs come out like they did against ND where they looked like a FF team. Against ND they worked the ball inside out, good penetration and open shots for Massingale and Simmons because they went inside out. The second half is what they need to avoid this afternoon. They need to put halves together. Tenn needs to play their game today. Number 1 avoid turnovers which means the bigs need to keep the ball off the floor. No dribbling down low. Graves needs touches. She needs to regain her confidence and play like she did on Team USA. This will be a fun game to watch.

looks like UConn is going to be allowed to bump into USF rebounders with impunity just like always... :(

asshat geno still with the starters in with under 4 minutes to go..

would lmao if they suffered a acl or some such...

asshat geno still with the starters in with under 4 minutes to go..

would lmao if they suffered a acl or some such...

I hate to defend Geno, but I think they only have 7 or 8 healthy players. No matter what, at least a couple of starters are going to be in.

Ill be on the floor below section 120 near the band. Any of y'all make it, I'd be happy to meet up. Need to visit with our local beat writer a bit so I'll try and catch up to him at halftime. Be in the seat by the start of the2nd half though.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

just heard on espn that massengale will not play today. i wish here well and i'm sure she'll be back soon. i actually think carter at the point is a plus for the lady vols. massengale is obviously a good pg, but i believe she plays the game too slowly and spends too much time trying to think through every single play vs just playing the game. watching sc and vandy now and sc is similar to the lady vols. lots of talent, but not always the brainiest team. i'm sure the young ladies are intellectually capable, but putting together playing and thinking without it slowing down their playing the game, seems like a challenge. ijs

Hear Gary has the girls in "We Back Pat" shirts. Need to grab me one sounds like
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back