Game Thread Lady Vols at Texas A&M

The question now becomes how do you take a player from the point that has 14 assists and only one turnover in a game and a half. Carter has a calm and knowledge about her that we haven't had at point guard in years. I know Massengale is a great point guard as well but I don't think she has ever ran the team as well as it was run yesterday. I wonder if she could play the two she is a great three point shooter gives us another passer on the floor. She and Simmons would be a dual threat on the perimeter. It is gonna be tough to take a player off the point that has played so well tough decision for Holly.

Reactions: 1 person
Massengale isn't perfect but she has been our best player all year and ya'll want to kick her to the curb? shame, shame on you!

Carter had a good outing last night but where was she vs ND, or against Stanford? she was awful and worst than that vs LSU

Lady vols go on the road and beat a ranked top #25 team who was also undefeated in the SEC by 21. Everyone except Jones played well. Low turnovers, efficient offense, and battled confidently inside on both ends of the floor. Definitely an encouraging game. Hopefully we can keep up it up and be be consistent.

I will agree !

Massengale isn't perfect but she has been our best player all year and ya'll want to kick her to the curb? shame, shame on you!

No one is kicking Massengale to the curb. I just see Cater as a bigger point that can get in the paint and get her shot off and rebound at will.

A ONE person post & you say "y'all"? Reading with comprehension skills do help at some point on here. Don't include me in that broad brush you paint with. I for one missed Massengale in yesterday's game very much. But A.Carter came into yesterday's game & knocked a big home run for us. She was very focused in what Holly wanted her to do. I hope Holly finds a way to keep both on the floor once Ariel comes back from her injury.

Reactions: 1 person
The question now becomes how do you take a player from the point that has 14 assists and only one turnover in a game and a half. Carter has a calm and knowledge about her that we haven't had at point guard in years. I know Massengale is a great point guard as well but I don't think she has ever ran the team as well as it was run yesterday. I wonder if she could play the two she is a great three point shooter gives us another passer on the floor. She and Simmons would be a dual threat on the perimeter. It is gonna be tough to take a player off the point that has played so well tough decision for Holly.

Last season, before Carter had the season-ending injury, UT started a three-guard lineup with Carter at the point, Massengale at the 2 and Simmons on the high wing.

I've been saying for a LONG time both here and outloud during games that Carter needs more playing time than she has been getting. She is so quick. She jumps so high. She shoots very well. She's a solid defender. I'll say it again. More playing time please!

they have been on the court together plenty. you should pay attention.

lol.....court together plenty. I see my post went right over your head & you didn't get it. So sad. You need to pay "close attention" to what others say & apply better reading skills if you have any.

Last edited:
The point calls for more decision making. Carter makes better decisions than Massengale and should have the ball in her hands running the show. Massengale should definitely be in the starting lineup she is a great scorer. I would play them both certainly Carter would be my point guard. At least for the next game she played to well at that position to move her from it.

the ole "post went over your head" claim never was worth a crap in debating. You must be a liberal.... lol

the ole "post went over your head" claim never was worth a crap in debating. You must be a liberal.... lol

It's over your head again. I'm not debating anything. You just lack reading comprehension skills is all I'm saying. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

Last edited:
Great decision makers Carter, Graves, and for the most part Russell. Good decision makers Massengale and Harrison. Fair decision makers Reynolds. Bad decision makers Simmons, Burdick, and Jones. Haven't seen enough of our other player to form a decision.

Last edited:
whatever happened to Governmentmule today?

my feel bads were hurting lol i was watching the game though

it was an impressive effort by the Lady Vols,they were clicking on all cylinders,hopefully they see what a team effort does and damn wasn't Carter and Simmons playing great ?

and Graves too :) she is starting to play like she did last year,which is great for her and the team

Great decision makers Carter, Graves, and for the most part Russell. Good decision makers Massengale and Harrison. Fair decision makers Reynolds. Bad decision makers Simmons, Burdick, and Jones. Haven't seen enough of our other player to form a decision.

Bingo you are spot on about Bad decision makers Simmons, Burdick, and Jones. Haven't seen enough of our other player to form a decision.

VN Store

Back