Game Thread: LADY VOLS AT NO. 16/14 NOTRE DAME

I strongly disagree about Kasi. While she definitely needs to learn to shoot from a high catch instead of having to put the ball on the floor first, opening herself up to be stripped/blocked, I believe KK’s biggest issue at this point is a lack of sustained confidence.

We’ve all seen her perform at a high level, so the talent and ability is there. She just needs to develop more confidence. I suspect the high number of misses of bunnies is because she fears missing — lack of confidence — and starts aiming the shots instead of taking advantage of the naturally soft touch she has when she’s mentally at ease.

Reactions: travis929
I strongly disagree about Kasi. While she definitely needs to learn to shoot from a high catch instead of having to put the ball on the floor first, opening herself up to be stripped/blocked, I believe KK’s biggest issue at this point is a lack of sustained confidence.

We’ve all seen her perform at a high level, so the talent and ability is there. She just needs to develop more confidence. I suspect the high number of misses of bunnies is because she fears missing — lack of confidence — and starts aiming the shots instead of taking advantage of the naturally soft touch she has when she’s mentally at ease.

I understand what you're saying about KK, but what we were talking about is what she is right now. Coach Summitt used to say "it's time to toughen up buttercup" and I think that applies to KK. College-level ball requires a player to be mentally tough and it just doesn't seem to me that she is at present.

Reactions: sccshortstop
Thank you, Coach J!

You are very welcome Bob. I have backed this university since 1977 (17 yrs old and officially bought my ticket to the LV train...Loved them ever since. Felt sorry for them for 7 years, but stayed with em...and now, we go Kellie!

I think Notre Dame wins 75-68
The LadyVols will definitely be in the Top 25 if they beat Notre Dame tonight

Make up your mind

I also pick ND to win. Tennessee has not had enough time together to learn offense and defense that Kellie wants to run. Hope I am wrong.

Notre Dame has several injured players.
Several injured players = start from scratch
We are on the same peg

full court press em till they can't walk...

I hope. We have yet to do our fullcourt press

Honestly, folks, unless Notre Dame plays a WHOLE LOT better than they played against Loyola Maryland we will win this game and I have no doubt about it. While defeating Notre Dame on the road always looks nice on your resume, ND is a shadow of their former self at this point in the season. Their 15/16 ranking is a joke and is based on reputation alone. So, even as rough as we are playing right now, we'll still wear them out and beat them with size, speed, and depth. I am just not worried at all. :)

You must have seen what I saw.

Honestly, this team is very much a work in progress. I am not optimistic that we are ready for even a depleted ND team right now. It will come down to how intense the defense effort is. Our offense is still under development. I don't think we can really assess where the LVs will be until the SEC portion of the season. If Horston and Key fast track as freshman and Rae finds her groove, with Davis and Green, the LVs should be a very dangerous team.

We're ready

Free Kamera!

She better keep on doing what she started last game.
"You hear me Kam!"
Show me who the real "K" is

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
You are very welcome Bob. I have backed this university since 1977 (17 yrs old and officially bought my ticket to the LV train...Loved them ever since. Felt sorry for them for 7 years, but stayed with em...and now, we go Kellie!

Make up your mind

Notre Dame has several injured players.
Several injured players = start from scratch
We are on the same peg

I hope. We have yet to do our fullcourt press

You must have seen what I saw.

We're ready

She better keep on doing what she started last game.
"You hear me Kam!"
Show me who the real "K" is
I said IF the LadyVols beat Notre Dame:rolleyes: I'm sorry that flew over your head:D

Already tough to be on the road then if Green isn't playing just got a lot tougher. Gilbert and Peoples are the players you have to worry about the most on their team. Brunelle would be the third option. We need severe defense on gilbert and Peoples.

Last edited:
Without Zay green i dont see Tennessee coming out on top of this one. Changed the entire landscape.
They’re ranked and at home, we’re not, and now Zaay is apparently out. We have nothing to lose, and everything to gain. I’ve read Kellie can win with a young underdog team. Hopefully she keeps them loose, confident, and aggressive. Still hoping, been looking forward to this game for a long time. GLV!

VN Store

Back