Game Thread: LADY VOLS AT NO. 16/14 NOTRE DAME

You can stick Rennia or Rae on her both who are around 6’2” as well... Jordan Horston can even match up with her and give her fits due to her length. I guarantee she will try to take Lou off the dribble but Lou should have her beat in the post with strength.

You are correct we could stick Rennia or Rae on her. I`m not sure but i think ND start 3 or 4 guards.

Bought ESPN+ to watch our ETSU game, so did a lot of game watching today. Seemed like several of the higher ranked teams had their hands full with unranked teams, especially in the first half. (Funny, saw 3 familiar faces, Mimi and Evina on their respective benches, and Annie playing.) No matter, thrilled with our team!

Btw, ETSU came back to beat Liberty by one point in a wild game.

Also interesting, Fordham, who lost to ND by 5 points, lost to Columbia by 19 points.

Hope we play lights out against ND. GO LADY VOLS!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: T.J.
Massey knows that even in their diminished capacity Notre Dame will have a well-practiced offense that may confound a Tennessee defense that is still very much an early work in progress. McGraw’s teams typically move well without the ball and always gets those defense-gutting, backdoor layups.

Tennessee has the height advantage, but they’re likely to be at a slight disadvantage whenit comes to details and finesse.

It should be a good game, and I can’t wait! A road win against ND would be an amazing confidence builder for our Lady Vols, for sure.

We’re playing 3 games in 7 days, maybe all Coach Kellie’s subbing will keep our team fresh, but she said it did shorten time for film study and practice.

At least she is also quite aware of ND’s backdoor cuts. 🙂

Coach Kellie:

On the challenges Notre Dame will present:
"I think Notre Dame is really good in transition. They are great passers, and they are great cutters. And I think those three things - you've got to slow them down in the transition game, but you've got to be able to defend the cuts. They're great passers in the half-court game as well. Obviously, they're not deep, but the players they do have can make plays."

Go get ‘em, LADY VOLS!!!

Last edited:
Nope, we win. All we gotta do is: stop them without fouling out, block, rebound, shoot a lot, and make our shots. Easy peasy. 😎 Oh yeah, and make them foul us, and make our free throws. 😊

Yeah, easy peasy! lol 🤗

But seriously, wouldn’t it be sweet if all that somehow happened and Tennessee got out of there with the victory? We’ll know in just a few hours!

I also pick ND to win. Tennessee has not had enough time together to learn offense and defense that Kellie wants to run. Hope I am wrong.

That’s my strongest feeling as well, but then ND’s strange situation with a way-short bench makes me think that it could go either way if a miracle occurs and officiating goes our way.

Sure would love to see another “W” on the schedule tomorrow.

That’s my strongest feeling as well, but then ND’s strange situation with a way-short bench makes me think that it could go either way if a miracle occurs and officiating goes our way.

Sure would love to see another “W” on the schedule tomorrow.
The LadyVols will definitely be in the Top 25 if they beat Notre Dame tonight

Honestly, folks, unless Notre Dame plays a WHOLE LOT better than they played against Loyola Maryland we will win this game and I have no doubt about it. While defeating Notre Dame on the road always looks nice on your resume, ND is a shadow of their former self at this point in the season. Their 15/16 ranking is a joke and is based on reputation alone. So, even as rough as we are playing right now, we'll still wear them out and beat them with size, speed, and depth. I am just not worried at all. :)

Honestly, folks, unless Notre Dame plays a WHOLE LOT better than they played against Loyola Maryland we will win this game and I have no doubt about it. While defeating Notre Dame on the road always looks nice on your resume, ND is a shadow of their former self at this point in the season. Their 15/16 ranking is a joke and is based on reputation alone. So, even as rough as we are playing right now, we'll still wear them out and beat them with size, speed, and depth. I am just not worried at all. :)

Remember ETSU? Granted, that was a scrappy team playing their hearts out for what may have been the first sold-out arena that program has ever played in front of... but the thing is, just because we have size and depth, it doesn't necessarily automatically translate into "wearing them out" with it.

I hope you're right!!!! To be clear, I'm not certain you're not absolutely right. But I'm hesitant because of the pressure involved in this game. I don't know if this team is quite ready for that. We'll see.:D

GO LADY VOLS!

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Remember ETSU? Granted, that was a scrappy team playing their hearts out for what may have been the first sold-out arena that program has ever played in front of... but the thing is, just because we have size and depth, it doesn't necessarily automatically translate into "wearing them out" with it.

I hope you're right!!!! To be clear, I'm not certain you're not absolutely right. But I'm hesitant because of the pressure involved in this game. I don't know if this team is quite ready for that. We'll see.:D

GO LADY VOLS!

Honestly, this team is very much a work in progress. I am not optimistic that we are ready for even a depleted ND team right now. It will come down to how intense the defense effort is. Our offense is still under development. I don't think we can really assess where the LVs will be until the SEC portion of the season. If Horston and Key fast track as freshman and Rae finds her groove, with Davis and Green, the LVs should be a very dangerous team.

Last edited:
Unless Notre Dame gets to the line 30 times which they very well may do I doubt the inning team gets to 70 points. Our chances hinge on Rennia coming out of her slump and Horston and Key continue to play to the level that they played last game.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Unless Notre Dame gets to the line 30 times which they very well may do I doubt the inning team gets to 70 points. Our chances hinge on Rennia coming out of her slump and Horston and Key continue to play to the level that they played last game.
Don't see this as a high scoring affair. Mid to high 50s to low 60s and I hate to say it we will lose the game. Afraid the ND mystic will get in their heads!

Reactions: Volfan2012
Don't see this as a high scoring affair. Mid to high 50s to low 60s and I hate to say it we will lose the game. Afraid the ND mystic will get in their heads!
I keep seeing them shooting free throws like 30 to our ten which of course will be a defeat. If players like Rennia and Zaay can't have good games to go along with the freshmen who might not play as well on the road I am afraid you a right. I do think were gonna have a very good team by the end of the season need some players to toughen up that have been here a while as the freshmen develop at this level.

I keep seeing them shooting free throws like 30 to our ten which of course will be a defeat. If players like Rennia and Zaay can't have good games to go along with the freshmen who might not play as well on the road I am afraid you a right. I do think were gonna have a very good team by the end of the season need some players to toughen up that have been here a while as the freshmen develop at this level.
Key and Horston will be day and night different by March. If we can get Davis to go all out for an entire game , I have said this before, we will get in the tourney. Rae and Rennie getting off their shots and hitting with Zay will give us a boost. Brown is the stabilizer we have needed in the past and a pretty good player as well. I do not see KK helping other than maybe a rebound or a few. JMHO as always!! SS

Key and Horston will be day and night different by March. If we can get Davis to go all out for an entire game , I have said this before, we will get in the tourney. Rae and Rennie getting off their shots and hitting with Zay will give us a boost. Brown is the stabilizer we have needed in the past and a pretty good player as well. I do not see KK helping other than maybe a rebound or a few. JMHO as always!! SS
KK is just a body in the paint

I also pick ND to win. Tennessee has not had enough time together to learn offense and defense that Kellie wants to run. Hope I am wrong.

I didn't think our defense would make a goal-line stand with first-and-goal (plus a substitution penalty) Sat. night, but I was pleasantly surprised!

Go, Ladies, go! Grow up fast tonight!

Yo Joe! Avengers assemble! Hulk smash! Flame on! Shazam! It's clobberin' time! Wakanda Forever! Power Rangers...

well, whatever Power Rangers do.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back