Game Thread Lady Vols at Kentucky

Holly should have gotten a T at the very least on the block/charge-foul-becomes-a-bucket-then-FTs monstrosity. At worst, she should have kept her team on the bench until the refs resolved their own bout of mass hysteria.

Reactions: 1 person
I was very disappointed Holly's reaction to that play at the end was just making a pouting face and walking away. You have to make your case and force the refs to make theirs. The refs rewriting the rule book not a legitimate path of action.

Last edited:
put it back!

I figure if he was mad it just shows he cares who won... like I do... so we really shouldn't be fighting. There is some truth to what both of us were saying.

The lady's just seem to get a lot of drive-bys who only show up when things are going badly. But if he cared enough to stick around and argue then I should give him the benefit of the doubt.

Either that or he just really had a hankering to call me Francis and see to the proper adjustment of my underwear.... which I admit does creep me out just a little... not that I am prejudiced or anything.

I made an innocent remark about sloppy play and you hammer me. Gule calls out Holly for being a stupid coach and he's yer new pal.

Cool.

Reactions: 1 person
Holly should have gotten a T at the very least on the block/charge-foul-becomes-a-bucket-then-FTs monstrosity. At worst, she should have kept her team on the bench until the refs resolved their own bout of mass hysteria.

I agree. I am not sure you can refuse to play but she could sure have caused a ruckus until she got a reversal or an explanation that made sense.

She kept her cool and tried to focus her players but if ever there was a situation that called for a technical to be provoked that was it.

I would have paid good money to see Pat come down out of the stands, give them the stare, shake her head in disgust and then walk out of the arena. She has too much class for that... fortunately, I don't have that problem.:)

How many hold back coaches would it have taken to keep Coach Knight from strangling that idiot ref?

I made an innocent remark about sloppy play and you hammer me. Gule calls out Holly for being a stupid coach and he's yer new pal.

Cool.

Well, I hadn't read that remark yet but ask Gule if I haven't had it out with him over that particular issue before. He has a thing for Jasmine Phillips and wants to see Moore play more. He doesn't need to be calling Holly stupid, but like I say we have argued over that before. He has been here long enough that I know he is not a drive-by just stirring things up. He is a regular stirring things up. Believe it or not, but that makes a difference.

Besides, you and I are best buds now so there is no need to be jealous. I called you stupid and you called me an ass. You expressed concern for my underwear, and gave me a female pet name while I made an oblique reference to your latent homosexuality. That is some high quality, male bonding right there!

Just calm down and have some fun. We said some things in the heat of battle and now we are making nice. I even agreed with you on another post you may not have read yet.

Since you don't seem to like me trying to defuse things by joking around, and since you are still mad I will stop now. You can even have the last word if you still feel wronged and in any case I will not refer to you again today.

Hopefully this link works as I am on mobile device. I'm interested in what folks think about Elzys comments regarding the scout for this game.

UK women: Tennessee assistant Kyra Elzy expects emotional return | Basketball: Women | Kentucky.com

My question is how many think her comments were the truth versus just pc comments for the media? I hope it is the latter.

Make no mistake kyra is a vol and i would sure rather have her than not. But for her to not have the scout for this game is unacceptable.

Holly was probably too shocked and confused to get a technical. How can you make sense to the end of the first half. I think it eventually got to the girl's heads and they were just out of it. I know Simmons was. She was gone and checked out early in the second half. If they pull this stuff next week it will be LOUD.

And we may have been jobbed by the refs, yet we shot 26 FTs to their 12. Fourteen more FTs usually is associated with the winning team.

I thought the refs allowed too much contact, but you have to adjust accordingly. We have a long-standing reputation for hard banging (corn-fed chicks!) yet we let KY be the aggressors the whole game. Maybe it was the near-flawless game we played Thursday night (and the net-cutting) - a letdown was probably expected.

I can't wait for a rematch in the SECWT. I believe we'll take it to them and wipe that smirk off HC Dandy's face.

I don't care that she was hired as coach, I care that she continues to limit the ability of her team. Apparently because she can't see as far as the end of the bench? So, she is intent with playing injured or foul limited players instead of healthy ones? that's just gotta be called stupid, IMHO.

Coach em up & play em.

At the end of the game when KY was getting all those rebounds because Tn was gassed? We had 6' 3" and a 5 ' 10 " long armed & fresh scholarship players without a sweat. They weren't walk on's.

If Kamiko couldn't run, she had no business being out on the floor in the second half.

Last edited:
Maybe the two on the bench had no business on the floor either. Not our call because we don't have any idea what is going on.

I don't care that she was hired as coach, I care that she continues to limit the ability of her team. Apparently because she can't see as far as the end of the bench? So, she is intent with playing injured or foul limited players instead of healthy ones? that's just gotta be called stupid, IMHO.

Coach em up & play em.

At the end of the game when KY was getting all those rebounds because Tn was gassed? We had 6' 3" and a 5 ' 10 " long armed & fresh scholarship players without a sweat. They weren't walk on's.

If Kamiko couldn't run, she had no business being out on the floor in the second half.

Thanks coach. I am sure we would have won if you were coaching instead of Holly. If that is not true, maybe you should limit your remarks to facts.

maybe you could point out what "fact" I got wrong, or you could just kiss my ass, your choice?

#1 did she leave NM & JP sitting on their asses?

#2 was KW out there on a bum ankle?

#3 did KY run all over the LDY Vols?

#4 Did the refs suck? THat's a no - brainer!

Coach em up & play em.

So you want a coach to play her two worst players?? awesome name a coach that plays their worst players no matter the situation

VN Store

Back