Game Thread Lady Vols at Kentucky

No matter the outcome the lady Vols are SEC CHAMPS!!! Also no comparison to the 31 pt thrashing we gave them last season.

Well, I had no expectations this game after Graves got called for a foul when she was hacked around the 16 minute mark. It was so obviously NOT a foul on her. There's only so much a team can do if they are injured and have to beat 8 on 5. Maybe if Izzy had been 100%, we have a chance, but with Graves in foul trouble (2 or 3 of which were not even fouls), incompetent/bought refs, and just being banged up so much, that's too much to overcome imo.

We're the #1 seed and hopefully we play like it in the tournament.

I have agree that your knowlege base of actual bb is non existent. You think the 30 alleged turnovers might be because Mitchell allows his team to play like thugs?

I commented on the poor officiating. I also saw AT LEAST 10 unforced turnovers. And even several instances of sloppy ball-handling that didn't result in a TO.

No one should have to justify the term "sloppy play" wrt 30+ turnovers. I guarantee you Holly will say we didn't take care of the ball.

"Alleged turnovers." You may want to have those orange-tinted glasses checked. lol

Hopefully we will see them again and we need to be ready to play. If they get physical and the Refs let the game be played like the team has to be physical back and Holly has to get on the officials if they are not calling game evenly.

Holly not getting a technical was the most disappointing part really. You have to protect your players. It is OK to lose. But you have to fight... and part of that is the coach standing up to the refs when it is required. I like how calm Holly was and how businesslike. But she has to chew some ass. If she didn't do it in this game then she never will.

And I am sorry I got pissy with the other poster. I just don't see jumping on the players in a situation like this. I thought that was really low class and I am going to stick up for the team.

We have been sloppy with the ball during the course of the year and it is never a strong point for the team. But under these circumstances I think it just adds insult to injury for our own fans to pile on when they are already playing 5 on 8.

This game should play big if we can meet them again in the tournament. We should be a lot more focused and coaches really need to make the team work on their passing and taking care of the ball. To many players wanting to go one on one today and dribbling to much. We need to keep that ball moving. We also have to hope to get a better officiated game this was pathetic.

Holly not getting a technical was the most disappointing part really. You have to protect your players. It is OK to lose. But you have to fight... and part of that is the coach standing up to the refs when it is required. I like how calm Holly was and how businesslike. But she has to chew some ass. If she didn't do it in this game then she never will.

And I am sorry I got pissy with the other poster. I just don't see jumping on the players in a situation like this. I thought that was really low class and I am going to stick up for the team.

We have been sloppy with the ball during the course of the year and it is never a strong point for the team. But under these circumstances I think it just adds insult to injury for our own fans to pile on when they are already playing 5 on 8.
ditto!

Yep find a clip board and fire it on the court like Coach Summitt did at LSU.

I am just going to state the obvious, when you are getting fouled multiple times on every possession you are going to turn the ball over. When one team is allowed to get away with things that are against the rules you are going to lose your composure. I assumed your inability to realize that was from lack of experience.

I apologize if it was due to stupidity instead.

My bad.

Stupidist thing I've ever read on these boards is how "UT is jobbed more than any team in the NCAA."

You made that statement, Francis. Do you still want to own it now that you've had time to adjust your undies?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
We'll be a two or three seed in the NCAA Tourney doesn't matter that much since they play each other anyway. I hope we work on our passing and taking care of the ball and come out focused and win the SEC Tourney. I would love to see them cut the nets down with Kentucky watching.

Stupidist thing I've ever read on these boards is how "UT is jobbed more than any ream in the NCAA."

You made that statement, Francis. Do you still want to own it now that you've had time to adjust your undies?
Can we just change jobbed to screwed and be done with it please?

Anybody heard anything about Izzy sure will be glad to have Russell and the other two players next season we have been up against it with these injuries.

This game should play big if we can meet them again in the tournament. We should be a lot more focused and coaches really need to make the team work on their passing and taking care of the ball. To many players wanting to go one on one today and dribbling to much. We need to keep that ball moving. We also have to hope to get a better officiated game this was pathetic.

to work on passing now. The team either passes well or it doesn't. This game was an anomaly, with the injuries and coming off the a&m win--but you can't commit 30+ turnovers. That's inexcusable.

We'll be a two or three seed in the NCAA Tourney doesn't matter that much since they play each other anyway. I hope we work on our passing and taking care of the ball and come out focused and win the SEC Tourney. I would love to see them cut the nets down with Kentucky watching.

Good luck with that "work on our passing and taking care of the ball."

You will now be accused of having no knowledge of the game whatsoever.

to work on passing now. The team either passes well or it doesn't. This game was an anomaly, with the injuries and coming off the a&m win--but you can't commit 30+ turnovers. That's inexcusable.
They don't pass well they have been winning in the last few games despite bad floor play. Most of it is caused by to much dribbling and not recognizing that the double team is coming. You got to get rid of the ball to an open player before that happens.

It's never to late several days before they play again get in the gym and watch this film. To much dribbling and one on one play.

turrible reffing, turrible coaching by Holly not getting a technical by cussing out those refs at the end of the first half. And playing Williams on a turned ankle in the 2nd half was more turrible stuff....

Last edited:

I merely said that all the many bad calls didn't justify our sloppy play - I typed that one-sentence post when Simmon's threw a pass 5 feet oer Burdick's head on a fast break. By then we already had 25 TOs. Not pretty...and frustrating for everybody.

I accept your apology.

This is some of the worst officiating that I have ever seen in my life. I was wondering if these refs can be sacked? Can the SEC do anything about it? Somebody could really get hurt.

I have removed a snarky response in light of the acceptance of my apology.

But it was a good one...

This is some of the worst officiating that I have ever seen in my life. I was wondering if these refs can be sacked? Can the SEC do anything about it? Somebody could really get hurt.

The officiating in the women's game has been pretty uniformly bad for a lot of years but I thought it had actually improved some this year.

This crew though was as bad as any I have ever seen. That one play before the half was enough in and of itself to end the career of anyone who had a part in it. Holly couldn't even explain what happened after the game had ended because the refs couldn't explain what they did.

I am sure Holly will put together a package to send to the SEC office. Who knows what they will do but they were lucky there wasn't a fight and they were lucky there were no injuries.

Holly said in the post game that "we had 6 players who could play" so Moore & Phillips are either on the double secret crap list or she is trying to run them both off? Why bring them to KY then, stupid coach?

VN Store

Back