Game Thread Lady Vols at (#15) Indiana

Horston Rennia and Rae are playing really well. Jordan Walker has came in and looked really good as well. UT needs a post player to step up. With Green not playing will it be Key KK or Saunders. Why not try McCoy?
Need to get Jaiden some minutes...moar threes.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Good 1st half! Should be up by more, but definitely a good 1st half! Really wish we had Keyen this game! She would definitely be a difference maker inside! Any word on why she isn't playing?

Indy missed a lot of open 3s. That probably won’t happen in the 2nd half. We need to make some adjustments and get our posts the ball. The lineup got us off to a quick start.

KK is just not good other than a rebound or 2 and should only be in for a few relief minuets. Key badly needs to some O teaching on how to set up a shot. She has to be able to use here height to her advantage or its just a waste.

Key badly needs for someone to light a fire under her. She is so passive that she's barely more effective than KK.

Emily did a pretty good job on defense.

Only 6 turnovers. Out rebounding them 25 to 20. Thought we would do better rebounding but happy with a 10 point lead. Now comes the dreaded 3rd quarter.

It's hard to see all the players but I don't see Green or McCoy on the sideline. I could be wrong though.

Horston has looked really good. Rennia with 8 rebounds and solid defense. Rae shot a bit too much but she is bring aggressive. Those 3 are a solid core and UT could be dangerous if Key Green KK would just step it a notch.

Hopefully UT can keep this momentum in the 2nd half.

Key stat for us is they are 1 of 15 from the three. Only four free throws for them we got 1 so were not fouling. Kk wow thought she was ready this year. Emily didn't do to bad gave Key some breathers. Davis really on the boards but Horston has played a remarkable half hope she can do it again. Maybe Burrell can get that magic going again. A long way to go we played well in that first half.

Need to close this one out or we won’t have a marquee win OOC. (No, we are not going to beat UConn. I am well aware we play them.)

Indiana is unlikely to shoot 1-15 from the three this half. We can't afford to have a bad quarter here.

VN Store

Back