Game Thread: Kentucky at Lady Vols: Sun Jan 7, 12 p.m.; SEC Network,,,,Win 87-69

Great second half and a good win.

Our defense in the first half was one of the poorest executions of defense I have seen in a long time. We gave up 31 points in the second quarter and only 20 the entire second half. Kentucky's wing players were completely unguarded in the second quarter. We were playing man to man so it is just complelely baffling. Glad we figured it out and dominated.

Great second half and a good win.

Our defense in the first half was one of the poorest executions of defense I have seen in a long time. We gave up 31 points in the second quarter and only 20 the entire second half. Kentucky's wing players were completely unguarded in the second quarter. We were playing man to man so it is just complelely baffling. Glad we figured it out and dominated.
Rebounding and poor defense were lacking in that quarter ....especially rebounding .

Glad we won because it was a must win game. Not very happy about the way were not playing forty minutes. I hope the coaches aren't either. Kellie got it done getting them to play at halftime, but she has to address the poor play in the first half of the game. We were standing and not guarding anyone. They won the offensive boards 14 to 9 that is pathetic. Just when my confidence that this team could make a move they come out like they did today. Rickea and Powell 12 of our 16 turnovers. Rickea was scoring, but she made some bad decisions with her passes. The players I saw giving the best effort were Jewell,. Tess, and Tamari on defense.

While I’m pleased of the win, how can we continue not coming out from tip to play better defense and take care of the ball? It will eventually get us, and we are trying to improve just to be put back into bracketology!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
While I’m pleased of the win, how can we continue not coming out from tip to play better defense and take care of the ball? It will eventually get us, and we are trying to improve just to be put back into bracketology!

Time to start Tamari. She sits when she asks to sit unless she’s in foul trouble. She is needed.

48 to 20 second half because we played with effort and made good decisions for the most part with the ball. That first half we played about three or four minutes at the end. For 16 minutes it was as bad as I have ever seen a Tennessee team play.

Notice some posters shut up when Tennessee does good. Doesn't fit Kellie bad coach.

Coach Harper did an exceptional coaching job in today’s game. You are right we know many posters will not have much to say today besides discredit the blowout win and 2nd half dominance by the LVs.
Tennessee bullied their way to this victory in front of a ROWDY and ENERGETIC home crowd!
Tennessee is back.
Lets GBO🍊.

Last edited:
I agree. Maybe the team would get off to better starts with Key in the starting lineup.
Perhaps coach should change her starting lineup to be more defensively focused and then pull some of those starters for later play. We should never see a lethargic team on the court for 16 minutes of the first half. You sit starters down until the lethargy goes away and then begin to sprinkle starters back in there until the starters understand what is required.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Evidently was just warming up. Races end at the finish line. Hope you enjoyed your temporal MORAL LOSS.

Except this wasn’t the moral loss they hoped for at all! This was a win in every way for TN! A confidence builder and the arrival of Fear da Spear to the SEC baby!

NVs exposure about to be at an all-time high after todays second straight 2nd half dominant comeback!

Reactions: Lucy
a 17-point deficit at home against an 8-7 team is problematic. I do feel for Kellie, as in every game it feels like she's coaching for her job in the 2nd half. That's an enormous amount of stress. KY won't continue shooting at this high of a % so the odds of an Auburn style comeback are high.
Great insight in the face of the bottom feeders already relishing an agenda supporting loss.

Thanks for demonstrating to the outside world the Ladies still do have quality fans too. That includes me as a drive by reader from the men’s boards. Though I will challenge their loyalties and especially laugh at their failures when passing through.

Reactions: Lucy and mudcat1973

VN Store

Back