KENTUCKY

Roster
Schedule
Game Notes (PDF)
Stats

1639191556012-png.419486

Go Lady Vols. It's "We Back Pat"week.

Last edited:
Another big game hopefully another big win!! We know who we need to stop at least keep in check. if we do that well the others have a tough time scoring enough to beat you. I think this is a big block game for Tamari. Hope she ca stay out of foul trouble. I see her making over five blocks in this game.

We seem to have the edge in most statistical categories. There's a strong argument to be made that we have the best defense in the country. Herhoops gives us a 75% chance of winning. Herhoops has predicted all our games correctly this year and projects us with 2 losses remaining in the regular season (uconn and usc).

We seem to have the edge in most statistical categories. There's a strong argument to be made that we have the best defense in the country. Herhoops gives us a 75% chance of winning. Herhoops has predicted all our games correctly this year and projects us with 2 losses remaining in the regular season (uconn and usc).
Post edit...............USC,Jr

This may actually be the most important game of the season so far given that UK is the toughest SEC team we've played. I kinda feel like an SEC win against the team that has the repeat SEC POTY on it will boost our cred quite a bit more than did the other 5 SEC wins. NOT that those wins were chopped liver, but Kentucky is always known as a strong opponent.

Can't wait!

No way we lose to CONN.

No way we lose to CONN.

There is a big mental block that has to be overcome against them, and we play at their place IIRC. I think we would beat them here this year, but I am not sure we pull it off on the road.

Best to just think about Sunday's game. The team looks tired and KY always plays us tough so we just have to keep our heads down and keep grinding.

There is a big mental block that has to be overcome against them, and we play at their place IIRC. I think we would beat them here this year, but I am not sure we pull it off on the road.

Best to just think about Sunday's game. The team looks tired and KY always plays us tough so we just have to keep our heads down and keep grinding.

You're right about the focusing on one game at a time approach. Several players have mentioned that, and Kellie & Co. have us fans adopting the same approach. We're 16-1; let's concentrate on being 17-1 after Sunday's game. I used to look down the schedule to note the "big" games left, but not any more. Each game becomes the next biggest game of the season requirng maximum effort.

Another big game hopefully another big win!! We know who we need to stop at least keep in check. if we do that well the others have a tough time scoring enough to beat you. I think this is a big block game for Tamari. Hope she ca stay out of foul trouble. I see her making over five blocks in this game.

Kentucky leads the league in scoring and have four players averaging double figures. What they lack is size. As long as we can get points in the paint and outrebound them we should be fine. If Key gets in foul trouble it could be a loss for us.

Kentucky leads the league in scoring and have four players averaging double figures. What they lack is size. As long as we can get points in the paint and outrebound them we should be fine. If Key gets in foul trouble it could be a loss for us.

Their PPG is misleading to a certain degree because they have not played as many games (12 to our 17). SEC games in particular. Their PPG will steadily decrease as they play more conference games. They bolstered that playing poor OOC teams.

UK has not yet beaten a quality opponent this season. They have losses to Indiana, DePaul, Louisville and South Carolina.

They lost by 20+ to both Indiana and SC.

the Vandy coach made a comment following one of their wins "culture beats strategy every time" reviewing the recruiting (stars) of Ky's players particularly the four transfers on the roster they have top individual talents. Similar Texas A&M , and Miss State last year. The axioms that Kelly put out in every presser on the importance of knowing one's role, being unselfish, never giving up etc. The LVs have a culture.

Their PPG is misleading to a certain degree because they have not played as many games (12 to our 17). SEC games in particular. Their PPG will steadily decrease as they play more conference games. They bolstered that playing poor OOC teams.

UK has not yet beaten a quality opponent this season. They have losses to Indiana, DePaul, Louisville and South Carolina.

They lost by 20+ to both Indiana and SC.

They beat GA. I think they should qualify as a quality opponent.

They SC game where they got beat by 20+ is when Rhyne Howard had a very bad game only had 9 points that doesn’t happen often lol

Reactions: VolBall09
I'm looking at it as maybe a ten point game at least I am hoping it will be. I think something like 70 to 60 would be enough to make me happy. I think anytime you play a team with a player that is expected to be a top two draft choice you have to hope you can keep them under control enough to win the game. I hope the ones that are saying we'll win this by 20 are right but I see 8 to ten as the max hope the ones picking 20 point win are right.

They SC game where they got beat by 20+ is when Rhyne Howard had a very bad game only had 9 points that doesn’t happen often lol

A lot of really good players have had a bad night against this Tennessee team. If they can’t get anyone else going I don’t think they’ll be able to put enough points in the board. Even if she has a 30 piece.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
They beat GA. I think they should qualify as a quality opponent.

I’ll concur. Though I do believe they were a tougher team last season with Connally and Caldwell. Coombs just does not have the scoring punch or savvy.

UGA would likely be better without their COVID issues as well. With Staiti in and out is has surely disrupted things for them a bit.

A lot of really good players have had a bad night against this Tennessee team. If they can’t get anyone else going I don’t think they’ll be able to put enough points in the board. Even if she has a 30 piece.
“…a 30 piece.” First noticed this use of the term “piece” at utsports.com. Have since seen the term used by Maria. Burger, yo, 30 burger 🍔!

VN Store

Back