Game Thread: (25/RV) Lady Vols vs. (3/5) Connecticut

I’m not disappointed in horston she managed the game well. Rennia Davis did not step up. She was a top 15 player coming in. They need big games from their senior leader and she refused to just calm down and play her game. She’s an exceptional player but tonight she did not stand out or make pivotal plays that could give the team momentum. E Westbrook did. As much as it hurts to say that. She looked terrific in the 4th.
How about we stop bashing our players and uplift them. She’s a sophomore she’s doing better than she was last year let it go she will get better . I’d rather have her than not! WE LOVE YOU JORDAN! I really wish people would defend her the way they defend Emily Saunders on this board sometimes!

You’re probably right. That is the irony though isn’t it. She was number 1 for so long, but even she herself said, she didn’t expect to always be. Her name is so much greater than statistics can ever tell true.
Yes it is .

Pfft...UCONN SUCKS, they’ll get schooled by anyone in the top 10. That UCONN team is top 15 only...they are #3 bc of the brand name.
You are going a little too far. That is not vintage UConn. They won't win the National Championship, but that is still a very good team. I don't see them getting "schooled".

How about we stop bashing our players and uplift them. She’s a sophomore she’s doing better than she was last year let it go she will get better . I’d rather have her than not! WE LOVE YOU JORDAN! I really wish people would defend her the way they defend Emily Saunders on this board sometimes!
Agree.
Horston will be the major factor in determining how this team does over the next 2+ years. Fans should get behind her.

I love all the Players. But saying she was bad tonight well she was. She will bounce back Sunday against Ky.

Jordan didn't have a Jordan type game.. she would tell you that Not bashing,she just struggled scoring tonight...And what does Emily have to do with it??

Until South Carolina smashes them by 20 again this year lol

I think they will too. They’re not afraid to beat them and they have the right tools to do it. Brea Beal will be a monster on Bueckers and we saw tonight ONO still has no real answer for size. Boston will throw her around like a rag doll all night.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
Boston will have a field day on this huskies squad. Beal will lockdown PB&J bc we saw tonight how size will throw her off her shooting rhythm . SC is deeper than UConn Evian will have issues keeping up with Henderson or Cooke with only one working knee

Im sorry i love rennia davis big time fan of her but u cant be considered a top pick for the wnba or any college award winner and u dnt show up in big games....this is were she will be judged at big time players show up when it matters and she hvent done it she did rebound well but we need points when we face elite teams but this game still couldve been won even without her best effort so i guess we can take a moral victory on that smh

Last edited:
I've been a Suarez critic but I'm coming around. She really needs to get in shape though.

I've been a CKH critic too but I thought she had the team ready to play tonight for the most part. I wish she had a deeper bench so she could sit starters who do careless crap.

I've been a Walker critic and see no reason to stop now.

All in all, there were things to build on. For three and a third quarters we stared down the Huskies and more than held our own. A few breakdowns (Horston, Walker) and some bad breaks were our undoing late.
they need pass more marta s. when she open. walker needs stop trying to be like mikeal jordon stop try to drive and pass the ball shot less wait for open shoot to shot

I am in no way bashing that terrific team that laid it all out on the floor tonight. Big games need big time players and this was Rennia’s time to shine. I was a bit underwhelmed by her showing. I wanted her to score 26/11 like she did against Arkansas.
Either way she learns and grows from tonight. Its time to show up against Kentucky who I personally think has a much better squad than UConn.

Kellie has done an excellent job with this team. She just doesn't have the one clutch offensive player that can deliver when a score is needed. Davis with all her talent is not this type of player. Rae is the nearest to this type of player.

u rite

VN Store

Back